Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2014, 10:53 AM   #377
Banned

OVR: 0
re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Looks like you can turn upfield quicker out of a catch, and it looked pretty smooth, too. That was a big problem with M25 on PS4. Still have to play it to get the true "feel", but it looked quicker at least.

The QB walk-up looked smooth. Finally.

I saw the RG3 run, but that looked like a read option keep, so I'm curious to see if they fixed the QB sprint animations for when they're still behind the line of scrimmage, because that animation has been brutal for a very long time.

Player models look "modern". Can't believe I'm saying that about a Madden game.

Post-play animations look nicely improved, still has some ways to go, but I see where they're going with it. Certainly the best I've seen of Madden so far.

Like the CBS-style presentation package, and I see potential in the NFL Films concept. At first I thought it was a bad idea, but there is potential, just need to see more.

What I care about most though, is the war in the trenches. Didn't like some of what I've seen with lineman still giving up on blocks early or not at least making that last bit of effort at the point of just before being beaten.

The defense (especially the defensive line) still doesn't line up on the ball authentically. I see it's been tweaked a bit over the past few years, but it's still awkward.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:56 AM   #378
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Can view the videos right now. Any of them show any fumbles? Just want to see if they brought back the pile ups during recoveries.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-11-2014, 10:58 AM   #379
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
Looks like you can turn upfield quicker out of a catch, and it looked pretty smooth, too. That was a big problem with M25 on PS4. Still have to play it to get the true "feel", but it looked quicker at least.

The QB walk-up looked smooth. Finally.

I saw the RG3 run, but that looked like a read option keep, so I'm curious to see if they fixed the QB sprint animations for when they're still behind the line of scrimmage, because that animation has been brutal for a very long time.

Player models look "modern". Can't believe I'm saying that about a Madden game.

Post-play animations look nicely improved, still has some ways to go, but I see where they're going with it. Certainly the best I've seen of Madden so far.

Like the CBS-style presentation package, and I see potential in the NFL Films concept. At first I thought it was a bad idea, but there is potential, just need to see more.

What I care about most though, is the war in the trenches. Didn't like some of what I've seen with lineman still giving up on blocks early or not at least making that last bit of effort at the point of just before being beaten.

The defense (especially the defensive line) still doesn't line up on the ball authentically. I see it's been tweaked a bit over the past few years, but it's still awkward.
I hope they fixed the QB Sprint, it looked so unnatural last year. I want to see the sprint from the E3 trailer last year. And not just on Read Options either.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:01 AM   #380
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

In response to Aggies post: I haven't seen a fumble yet

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:02 AM   #381
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Well Rex reaffirmed it again, "We are making an authentic simulation football game. We are not making an arcade game....". So there it is people, no more defense for anything that does not play out realistically.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 11:04 AM   #382
Rookie

OVR: 5

To me nothing changed in the game. They haven't even add the coaches or the audience to react such as more movements.For example say a player runs into wrong team on the sidelines trying to go for a catch.You do that the coach and the team just stand there like robots. Heck camera crew on the sidelines stay in one positon all day.That ish still hasnt changed. They still havent added like a qb throwing an int and him walking to sidelines to his coach and letting him get chewed out or we see short conversation with the qb and the coach. They should add in fines in games to the point if you excced in fines your player cant play for few games etc.I would like to see more of cb vs wr like face to face both fighting to get that ball in the air. Show trash talking.It like all these things and they cant even add in this yr madden 15?is sad.Every yr everyone is like omgggggggg graphics look sick but once you play the game 10-20x graphics don't mean ish anymore.It more of gameplay and features and more interacting which madden 15 has fialed every year. Doesnt matter next yr madden will fail until the fire everyone on the team and add people that know how to make the game.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:05 AM   #383
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
I am always looking at the tackling and how the players interact, and it looks to be disappointing once again. There was a run up the middle that resulted in a gang tackle, but that pass to the outside (3:05 mark) had a chance for multiple defender interaction and only one guy made the tackle while the others just stood there. They didn't tumbleweed over, but they should be in on the tackle or at least making an attempt. I guess they can't get it to that point.

I love the scorebug and the down and distance arrow. Player models really do look good for once. I am sure some may not be perfect, but the ones they showed in this clip looked good.

Loved when RGIII clipped his chinstrap to his helmet, that seemed new, but maybe I am wrong.

They are making improvements, but they still have a long way to go.
Agreed, I can see improvements and it is clear they are trying which is great. However, this game needs a complete overhaul to animations and player movement to really get back on track.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:05 AM   #384
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Well Rex reaffirmed it again, "We are making an authentic simulation football game. We are not making an arcade game....". So there it is people, no more defense for anything that does not play out realistically.
Also told the other game to "bring it." lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »