Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2014, 05:35 PM   #489
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0
re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
Link please?
Video went private, can't access it at the moment.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:40 PM   #490
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
It's already been said from the news that it looks like it's not on the field for all 22 players. No idea if that's true.

Also, it is a gimmick for them. If it was this core aspect to simulation football (in which, I agree movement is - not necessarily 'True Step') they wouldn't have to give it a flashy [read as: gimmicky] name and announce that "HEY WE HAS TRUE STEP."

That's like me saying "QB Cone isn't a gimmick. The QB Vision and ability to look off safeties/see more of the field" for the exact same reasons is true. QB Vision and simulating that is a core aspect of "simulation football".

Yet, the QB Cone implementation (and 'back of the box feature') was a gimmick - just as their "True Step" is a gimmick. Especially when it doesn't apply to the entirety of the players.
So according to your logic they shouldn't try any new things out? Most things you named like vision cone weren't popular or didn't work as well as they wanted. It's still good to try new things. Physics was a "gimmick" in the way your saying and it's been good and they have built on it.

Let's also not forget that this group should only be judged from Madden 13 on. How many features have been taken away since then?
Old 06-11-2014, 05:41 PM   #491
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

If anyone has the ability to capture ign video later, please do so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 05:48 PM   #492
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
You all say "gimmick" and "feature", I say "video game gameplay mechanic".

Insofar as Madden NFL is a video game, if whatever gimmick/feature/mechanic is well-designed, well-balanced, and augments the design and vision of the total game, I don't care what it's called.
If it disappears after a year or two, I consider it a gimmick. If it's only partially implemented, I consider it a gimmick. True Step was implemented for 1, maybe 2 out of the 22. I consider it a gimmick. If they enhance it to include all and DON'T TAKE IT OUT after a couple of years, I'll consider it a gameplay mechanic.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:02 PM   #493
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
If it disappears after a year or two, I consider it a gimmick. If it's only partially implemented, I consider it a gimmick. True Step was implemented for 1, maybe 2 out of the 22. I consider it a gimmick. If they enhance it to include all and DON'T TAKE IT OUT after a couple of years, I'll consider it a gameplay mechanic.
Nothing has been taken out since two years ago and won't be in the future as long as Cam and Rex are there. Everything they have said they wanted in the game has been put in the game according to their plan so far, stop living in the past and base your theories on the present. Since Cam and Rex have come to Madden NOTHING has been removed from the game that affects gameplay, it has only seen incremental improvements.

Being skeptical is ok but expecting gimmicks or things to be removed wont happen under this leadership team.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:05 PM   #494
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
We need to find out if the QB cadences have been expanded on as well.
I wonder if they will vary the rumble you feel on the Xbox One triggers depending on the QB
Old 06-11-2014, 06:09 PM   #495
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Agreed. True Step was probably the number one thing they promoted last year. Now this year, it doesn't appear to be expanded upon at all based on the short video we saw, and they are not promoting it.

That's frustrating, because it makes the developers seem like they have no long-term vision. The logical next step for True Step is to go from 1 guy being able to plant and change direction realistically to all 22.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 06:12 PM   #496
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Counter-point - there's no point in iterating on a design if the initial design wasn't good in the first place. Such was the case with the QB vision game mechanic, in my opinion. Doesn't make it a gimmick, just a poor mechanic / feature.

I don't think the True Step tech is going anywhere, for the record. It's not so much a game mechanic as a piece of tech which governs how (certain) players may move. I could see the Precision Modifier being eliminated in favor of context-sensitive ballcarrier moves and/or analog sensitive controller inputs, in an effort to free up the left trigger for a different command.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 06-11-2014 at 06:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »