Home

Madden 15 Feature Focus QB Contain

This is a discussion on Madden 15 Feature Focus QB Contain within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2014, 08:53 PM   #49
Rookie

Greenblood60's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 15 Feature Focus QB Contain

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Wasn't going to respond to this thread because everyone else nailed it already, but I will respond to this comment.

You do realize that Clint is not a developer right? He doesn't write any code, he's not a programmer. It doesn't matter how many football gurus they get, if the engineer can't write the code to make it happen it doesn't matter. In this particular case it's probably A) they just don't know how to do it, B) The code is such a disaster that they just can't un-spaghetti it or C) both A and B.

Madden has had some bad design over the years, but currently the design is not as off track as it once was. However, implementation has always been a glaring weakness, and from what we've seen, Madden 15 will be no different.
Hopefully it's D) which is the code is such a disaster that it's taking an unbelievably long time to un-spaghetti it, and they're in process of doing it. Hopefully it will eventually get ironed out. We may have to until PS5 though.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:15 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree with absolutel everthing BeZo has said in this thread. Madden will never get where it needs to be until the game is built on basic football principles.

It doesnt have to be perfect. I just want to be able to know that I'll have backside contain on plays flowing away, and that my play side end man will string it out or force the runner back inside to the help. Simple, basic, Football principles.

Unfortunately, like Blue touched on, the devs simply arent talented enough or the base code is too FUBAR for madden to ever change.

All I want it for my corner to properly play cover 2 and run with the ouside reciever if the slot runs a route upfield...would it really be that difficult to implement this sort of AI for players on a play by play basis?
Old 07-10-2014, 06:09 AM   #51
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by atc43
I agree with absolutel everthing BeZo has said in this thread. Madden will never get where it needs to be until the game is built on basic football principles.

It doesnt have to be perfect. I just want to be able to know that I'll have backside contain on plays flowing away, and that my play side end man will string it out or force the runner back inside to the help. Simple, basic, Football principles.

Unfortunately, like Blue touched on, the devs simply arent talented enough or the base code is too FUBAR for madden to ever change.

All I want it for my corner to properly play cover 2 and run with the ouside reciever if the slot runs a route upfield...would it really be that difficult to implement this sort of AI for players on a play by play basis?
That last part is in 15, DBs run alongside the wrs and play cover 2 correctly. The WR/DB interactions aren't in yet, but Sim said no football game has done what they are planning on doing with WR/DB interactions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2014, 08:14 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
That last part is in 15, DBs run alongside the wrs and play cover 2 correctly. The WR/DB interactions aren't in yet, but Sim said no football game has done what they are planning on doing with WR/DB interactions.
Where did you here or see this? So if I call Cover 2 zone defense and the WR runs a vertical route, the corner will not cover the flat but instead stay in man coverage?

This is the first I have heard of this being in game. Would it be all instances of cover 2 or only a certain few?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »