Home

Some Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details Have Been Revealed

This is a discussion on Some Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details Have Been Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 11:40 AM   #73
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Some Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details Have Been Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
No doubt, I hope I'm wrong. But after what 2k did with nba and making everything in owner mode cost coins to acquire and putting all their time into my team and seeing all the time madden has put into my team (both pay to win modes) I'm not real optimistic. And most games just seem to be trending to an always online system, which stinks, I miss sitting down with my brothers and firing up a 3 team franchise and fighting to win the most super bowls.
The pay to win/microtransactions fear is reasonable, but still just wild speculation at this point. The part in bold is absolutely true and a complete shame.

I just can't see them throwing something like that into cfm because of how much backlash they would get. It would ruin the mode both online and offline.

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 07-29-2014, 11:41 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalpoop
this is the problem many have with the franchise mode of late, it doesnt even feel like you're owning a team for years and year, just a collection of play now games against the computer. they totally gutted the immersive feeling of franchise mode.

and how did you not understand what he was saying about the hester example, this is why the scheme system was terrible last year, putting a 70 scrub in a perfect scheme automatically made him calvin johnson on any team.

the progression system also bums me out severely, i get everyone wants to improve their backups and draft busts but at a certain point realism has to come into play that not every player can somehow turn into aaron rodgers by practicing really hard, and the thought that the computer might not utilize the progression system as well is incredibly alarming and a franchise mode killer for me.
He was referring to the fact that the scheme changes a player'a OVR but doesn't make him a better player, just a better fit in a scheme. It works correctly in most situations, there might be a few things that seem off, but for the most part it works well. If you play the games, it doesn't change the way the player plays at all. The scheme shows that a player like Vince Wilfork would be a better player as a 3-4 NT than as a 4-3 pass rushing DT. It shows that Robert Quinn would be a better 4-3 DE than a 3-4 run stuffer. It allows a player to see the best player for what they are trying to do in their scheme.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:43 AM   #75
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

If Devin Hester transformed into Calvin Johnson, regardless of the scheme, in last years game then you were definitely using the wrong sliders lol.

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 11:52 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
If Devin Hester transformed into Calvin Johnson, regardless of the scheme, in last years game then you were definitely using the wrong sliders lol.
This was simply while simulating games, NOT playing them. Though playing with guys with higher speed has always been easier in madden.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:42 PM   #77
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm curious to find out more and I want to see how these additions will work but, it sounds promising for sure. Since Madden 25 I have played mostly online dynasty against humans so anything to better and already fun experience is welcome.

I just hope they have tuned and improved the xp system all together. I'm not a fan of it but, it's going to be the way things work for a while I'm sure. I just want them to make things work more like NFL head coach did.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:48 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: CFM info from gamestop

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Same here. I miss where players would progress/regress every 4 weeks I believe it was.
you can still do that... every 4 weeks just go through your players and have the AI apply all the XP.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:05 PM   #79
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: CFM info from gamestop

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
you can still do that... every 4 weeks just go through your players and have the AI apply all the XP.
I was piggybacking on Pappy Knuckles post where he missed the old system that didn't use the XP. I was saying how I liked that they would progress/regress automatically every 4 weeks.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-29-2014, 01:24 PM   #80
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
And I worry that this practice stuff has been added as the sole development aspect of players and things like coaching staffs and other management aspects have been completely ignored. But like I said, I don't want to be too negative yet given we don't know anything. I'm just nervous about that info since it is the most important to me. Can't wait for the demo though.
This is pretty much where I'm at. I'm trying not to be negative, but if this is all there is I'm gonna be pretty disappointed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »