Home

Scouting and Drafting: how's your experience?

This is a discussion on Scouting and Drafting: how's your experience? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2015, 02:52 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting and Drafting: how's your experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
Glad someone said not to get coach scouting trait. I unlocked and didn't see extra points.
The trait won't take effect until the next week, but even then you're only given an extra 25 scouting points, bringing your total to 200 points instead of 175.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:05 PM   #74
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenSD
The trait won't take effect until the next week, but even then you're only given an extra 25 scouting points, bringing your total to 200 points instead of 175.

The 200 points isn't half bad to get IF you are a team with many needs you wish to fill through the draft. However, if you only need to scout a few positions 175 is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2015, 03:17 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenSD
Weird. I bought the trait after my game, advanced the week and I still had 175. Maybe the following week after it would kick in?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2015, 03:23 PM   #76
Pro

Quote:
So you guys unlock first letter and if it's not high, you just move on?

After so many weeks, you start saving scouting points until combine numbers? Don't you lose scouting points if you don't use them?

Personally, I unlock first trait for all players at a position of need. Anything with a C+ or lower I don't bother scouting further. (Occasionally I will scout a second trait, but mainly only if other pickings are slim.)

Then I will unlock second for all players who passed the first test and same rule applies. C+ or better eliminates you.

Then I only scout third for anyone left.

Old 09-17-2015, 03:41 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
What I REALLY Like:
The way their top 3 ratings pop out, just like in real life. When watching a player what they do best should pop out first. Great realism.
Never thought of it this way. I can see it being a good start now that you frame it like that. Still...those top skills may pop out initially but a GM is likely to try to dig further into the other skills to see how much work needs to be done in those areas. Or following your line of thinking, sometimes the bad skills stick out as much as, or more than, the good ones. Maybe give us their single worst skill grade along with their two best. So you know a RB might have an A for trucking and B+ for spin moves, but D for catching. If I want to know about his carrying skill, I just have to guess that it's somewhere between a D and a B+. Any scout that is only going to tell me the good things about a player isn't going to be around long because he/she is just not providing a very objective analysis of the whole player.

My best 3-skill solution would be to give me their top one, bottom one, and one of my choosing. I'd even be ok with making me choose just one for all players at that position. If it happens to be the best/worst, just give me the next highest/lowest.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:50 PM   #78
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
Maybe give us their single worst skill grade along with their two best. So you know a RB might have an A for trucking and B+ for spin moves, but D for catching. .

The problem is, in madden, the single worst skill for a HB is likely to be kick power or something like that. What you really mean is "worst skill that I care about at that position," but I think that can be subjective.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:26 PM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbattisti
Personally, I unlock first trait for all players at a position of need. Anything with a C+ or lower I don't bother scouting further. (Occasionally I will scout a second trait, but mainly only if other pickings are slim.)

Then I will unlock second for all players who passed the first test and same rule applies. C+ or better eliminates you.

Then I only scout third for anyone left.

Seems like you can scout so many players (for sure if your scout is entire offense or defense related and you get a discount for them) that I basically can scout anyone I even remotely might consider at every position and then some. I'm not near as picky as you for unlocking traits.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:17 AM   #80
MVP

Quote:
Weird. I bought the trait after my game, advanced the week and I still had 175. Maybe the following week after it would kick in?
Maybe... I just know how it worked for me, I bought the trait before I scouted, still had 175, I scouted then advanced week and I had 200 at my disposal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »