Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2017, 10:50 AM   #1065
MVP

OVR: 38
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
I'd be hesitant to take a pass rushing OLB without PMV or FMV in their top 3 skills, unless their physical measurables at the combine are outstanding and their lowest skill grade is either a B+ or a B.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Their lowest skill is B. They all have under 4.30 shuttle and the lowest bench is 24, the highest is 31!.

The one I am considering drafting in the first.
Blake Salas B+ Hit Power B+ Pursuit B Block Shedding 4.61 40 33.9 Vert 7.03 3 Cone 4.23 Shuttle 31 Bench
Draft story was record breaker.

92.77 TVR

Last edited by DerkontheOS; 01-21-2017 at 10:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2017, 04:43 PM   #1066
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
Their lowest skill is B. They all have under 4.30 shuttle and the lowest bench is 24, the highest is 31!.

The one I am considering drafting in the first.
Blake Salas B+ Hit Power B+ Pursuit B Block Shedding 4.61 40 33.9 Vert 7.03 3 Cone 4.23 Shuttle 31 Bench
Draft story was record breaker.

92.77 TVR
As long as he's not 24 or something, that guy will be pretty good. Won't cost too much to upgrade his pass rushing skills, so he's probably worth drafting.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 01-21-2017, 10:20 PM   #1067
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splice
Ratings don't make a lick of difference, especially in defensive pass rushing/coverage, and offensive line. I've had a 66 Ovr DE with power/finesse moves in the 40s lead my team in sacks when I lost my "star" LE for the season.

If you're in for the role play experience like I am, then I would pass on them. I wouldn't convert a OLB to DE unless he had good strength and block shedding, because DE in 4-3 got to play the run every down as well.
Attribute ratings matter. Overalls, not so much. 3-4 OLBs can make good 4-3 DEs.
Old 01-21-2017, 11:04 PM   #1068
Rookie

Working on adding scheme impact to draft-worthiness. Does anyone have input or a good source to look at for how each OFF/DEF scheme should be laid out in your team planning?

For example: Offensive Scheme = Vertical Offense
Therefore, QB should be Strong Arm, HB should be Power Back, LT should be Pass Blocker, etc.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Also, we can move this to another forum if this isn't the right place to post.
Old 01-21-2017, 11:19 PM   #1069
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW812
Working on adding scheme impact to draft-worthiness. Does anyone have input or a good source to look at for how each OFF/DEF scheme should be laid out in your team planning?

For example: Offensive Scheme = Vertical Offense
Therefore, QB should be Strong Arm, HB should be Power Back, LT should be Pass Blocker, etc.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Also, we can move this to another forum if this isn't the right place to post.
Madden 13 connected franchise manual had some write ups on what strong armed QB means and stuff like that. Some of the info is outdated but I feel like a lot the things hold true. Also it has what the teams were playing back then and how their scheme was set up. I still use it to set up mine.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2017, 02:30 AM   #1070
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite76
Madden 13 connected franchise manual had some write ups on what strong armed QB means and stuff like that. Some of the info is outdated but I feel like a lot the things hold true. Also it has what the teams were playing back then and how their scheme was set up. I still use it to set up mine.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Awesome. Thanks for the lead. I'll look it up. So far what I've been working to add to this is OFF/DEF drop-down menu selection. Just below that, is a section where you can select individual position schemes. To the right of the position scheme is a "Suggestion" box that will auto-populate to tell you what type of player works best in your overall OFF or DEF scheme choice. Just to the right of that, I have cells that populate the top 4 attributes you're looking at for the position scheme you've selected.

I'll take a look at the M13 Franchise Manual for some guidance. I really need data like this in order to correctly calculate the cell that gives the Suggested Position Scheme based off of which OFF or DEF scheme you select, but the M13 thing is a good start.
Old 01-22-2017, 03:29 PM   #1071
Just started!

Been using this tool in my most recent season of a 32 user online franchise. There are 3 players with above 99 TVR rankings. 1 QB, 1 HB, & 1 ROLB. 23 players in all are above 90 on the TVR. I have loaded up on 1st round draft picks and the draft is tonight! What speed would a 4.27 40 time come out to for a HB?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2017, 06:13 PM   #1072
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nckinnis
Been using this tool in my most recent season of a 32 user online franchise. There are 3 players with above 99 TVR rankings. 1 QB, 1 HB, & 1 ROLB. 23 players in all are above 90 on the TVR. I have loaded up on 1st round draft picks and the draft is tonight! What speed would a 4.27 40 time come out to for a HB?

Damn, that's a quick 40. Never seen a HB put up those numbers. That should translate to a 96+ speed rating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »