Home

As a community we cannot accept the current CPU QB play.

This is a discussion on As a community we cannot accept the current CPU QB play. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-14-2017, 10:33 AM   #41
Rookie

Sucram7777's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: As a community we cannot accept the current CPU QB play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
That would be horrible considering in 17 they threw the ball away way too much as it was. It's important to note that this is so much more than just the QB standing still in the pocket issue, it's an entire QB AI issue. QB AI is bad pretty much all around and this is just part of that. Another extension of this issue is the fact that QB's don't ever scramble. It's one thing for a guy like Brady to be a statue in the pocket, it's entirely another to watch guys like Russell Wilson, Kaepernick, or Mariota to never even attempt to look to use their legs. It's not being overblown and this has nothing to do with there being too many sacks or sacks just looking bad, it has to do with all around poor QB AI and we don't need to play it to understand it's likely much like M17 in that regard.

Does this look familiar? It's from Madden 17.

No? Well here's Madden 18:

"What's the problem though? Seems like QB's moving isn't really an issue."

The problem is that QB's moving is already extremely rare as it is and more often than not when they do finally end up doing it, they are completely oblivious to anything logical and do everything they can to not scramble or make good decisions.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Based off the M18 vids I'm going to say that it will likely be very, very similar to Madden 17 which was not good at all. We can wait to play 18 and then start-up another 25+ page thread showing all the same examples we did last year but I'd say chances are minimal of changing such a substantial issue with a patch or tuner which is really unfortunate for such an integral part of a football game.

Heh, I'd be hard pressed to find anybody who can justify that there's nothing wrong in those clips.

There's truly no excuse for those QBs behaving the way they did in those clips.

As the QB is the head of an offense, carries the ball before any other player on that offense - his actions are going to be center-stage on every down. In a video game, this is no different.

I just don't understand how EA, who is developing the game, as well as testing it, are observing these QBs acting a fool - and are sincerely okay with delivering this to consumers.

The last time I've turned away from Madden was when I found out they've done away with the CPU vs CPU in Franchise. Even though it's back - I'm still unsure whether I want to purchase '18, because this glaring problem makes you question how many more subtle problems they've overlooked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2017, 10:41 AM   #42
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
The reason devs won't come near a thread like this is because it has delved into the same discussion nearly every other thread has.

The title says we can't accept the current AI quarterback play, and I don't disagree. Yet that has hardly been discussed in this thread.
Maybe its because these issues have been discussed ad nauseum for nearly a decade?
Old 08-14-2017, 10:52 AM   #43

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
Maybe its because these issues have been discussed ad nauseum for nearly a decade?

As has this conversation.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:06 AM   #44
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas

This one legitimately made me laugh.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-14-2017, 11:11 AM   #45
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Flag on the play, hopefully it was for a illegal forward pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2017, 11:14 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 9

I think the GameChangers aren't allowed to give previews and information about the game other than just directly commenting on their videos, until this Friday.

ANother GameChanger in a video said he'll have commentary and thoughts about M'18 once the embargo lifts this week. Seems like EA would allow them to upload videos and talk about what happens in the game (e.g., 'Great catch by Dez Bryant!') but not give gameplay thoughts or details.

*edit*

Just FYI, the gifs in the post a few posts up from this one, a lot of them are from 2016. But that Russel gif... man that's amazingly bad hahahah.

Last edited by Rebel10; 08-14-2017 at 11:19 AM.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:22 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Have you downloaded the demo to the EA basketball game? It's not stale and it's not a bad game of basketball, but that is a different thread.

I agree, if people aren't happy with what Madden is producing up to this point, wait a week or more.
I heard that Live was horrible, from ones that have played the demo.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:41 AM   #48
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I heard that Live was horrible, from ones that have played the demo.
can confirm i played once then deleted it immediately.

inclusion of First Take is also not a selling point lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »