Home

Madden 19 FRANCHISE Wishlist

This is a discussion on Madden 19 FRANCHISE Wishlist within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2017, 10:02 AM   #89
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 FRANCHISE Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
We had that, and it didnt sell. Anyone remember NFL Head Coach?
You couldn't play the games, though. You could only watch them. Big mistake.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:15 PM   #90
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
It should be replaced by coaching staff. Coaches develop players, so Head Coaches, offensive coordinators, and position coaches, along with the player's development trait, should 100% dictate player development.
Injuries, playing time, veteran mentors at same position, coaches practice schedule for both team and individual drills (what coach emphasizes), maybe players high water mark potential at each trait, peak age start, peak age end, some randomness factor. But please, PLEASE, for the love of god, not Goals, Stats.

Last edited by bucky60; 12-02-2017 at 07:17 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:26 PM   #91
Just started!

I wish they acknowledged the slot receiver as a position on the field and in the plays, not just as WR3 on the depth chart. Like someone already said, I'd like for the long snapper to be a real position too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 10:39 PM   #92
Rookie

DaGreatOne21's Arena

COACHES!!!!!!!
Coaches need a major overhaul. Coaches matter so little in Madden, its laughable. New head coaching hires should impact every level of the team. Coaches should have draft, free agent and trade philosophies. For instance, maybe one coach is willing to spend big in free agency and trade his picks away, while another coach overvalues the draft and is completely unwilling to trade early picks for players.

I am fine if we dont have FULL coaching staffs, but at the very least, the franchise mode front office/staff should consist of...

Head Coach - Should impact every level of a team
OC - Should effect offense, and have an affect on what types of players are brought in.
DC - Same as OC, except defense.
Scouting Team -THIS needs to be done right as well, This should have a huge impact on how accurate scouting grades are. It should also be hard to sign and retain top scouting teams. Money, head coaching prestige, and success with team should be things that affect what scouting team you can get. A high profile coach should have an easier time landing and keeping good scouts, whereas a rookie head coach has to start off with perhaps a mediocre scouting staff and establish himself over time to get the better ones.
Training Staff - Mainly should determine how often players are injured and how quickly they recover. Again, I think it should come down to more than just money to get the better staffs.

OFF SEASON/COACH HIRING - DURING the season, there should be news reports talking about the hot up and coming OCs, DCs and college coaches. OCs and DCs should be real life OCs and DCs....they were in the game before and there is no reason why they shouldve been taken out. For college coaches, just have fictional ones. Towards the end of the NFL season, have a news reporting something like "After another terrific season, Purdue coach Xander Clark is gaining alot of buzz as a potential NFL coach"...and then have Tweets commenting on it, like Skip Bayless saying "I think Xander Clark is a great college coach, but he doesnt have what it takes to make it in the NFL"

Good coaches should pretty much always resign with their team at the ends of their contracts. Too often coaches change teams when their contract expires, even when they are doing well. Head coaches having success should always be resigned by the team...and one bad season shouldnt make a team give up on a coach. If a coach had a few losing seasons in a row, fine....but if a coach goes 8-8, 11-5, 13-3 with a SB win and then goes 4-12 in the final year of his contract, the team shouldnt let him walk just because of that final 4-12 season. IMO, there should be a relationship rating between teams and coaches that help determine the likeliness of being retained. Coaches having success and meeting goals should obviously have a better chance of being retained than a coach who is stuggling.

Oh, and all coaches should be fully editable. I understand why EA cant including a guy like Bill Belichick as the Pats coach, but there is no reason why we shouldnt be able to edit the coach as we please and create Belichick...at least in offline franchise.

I could go into extreme detail about what else I want to see in regards to coaching, but those additions would be a start. Its disgusting that coaches mean so little as it is....its high time that changes.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:25 PM   #93
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
You couldn't play the games, though. You could only watch them. Big mistake.
I doubt EA actually makes that change though. Wish they did.
Old 12-16-2017, 12:43 PM   #94
MVP

Toupal's Arena

These are the most liked tweets from Rex's CFM Tweet:

Old 12-16-2017, 05:43 PM   #95
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
These are the most liked tweets from Rex's CFM Tweet:

Thanks for posting this. Getting my hopes up for the coaching carousel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2017, 06:15 PM   #96
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I'd like to see historical stats, so if I'm in year four I can go back and see who my leading tackler was in year two or who led the league in rushing in year three

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »