Home

Madden 19 FRANCHISE Wishlist

This is a discussion on Madden 19 FRANCHISE Wishlist within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2017, 09:06 AM   #105
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 FRANCHISE Wishlist

Full coaching staffs. Absolutely ridiculous this has not been implemented yet. A HC is only as good as his assistants. Development of PS guys. Those guys are at practice every day. They are on the scout team. There is going to be some development. They aren't going to be static.

Historical stats and better stat tracking that include what team they played for in what season. More stats like TD%, INT%, and targets. Pro-Football Reference is a great tool to lean on for a template on how to present your stats. Franchise records too please! Better sim stats as the mode progresses. No reason the leading FG Kicker should ever lead the league with under 20 attempts on the season. Better draft class tuning would also help with this. Sacks absolutely disappear in later seasons without editing. 90% of a Rookie QB class should never be IDEAL/IDEAL on their sense pressure and forced passes tendencies.

Better atmosphere. In the Show playoff games feel different from regular season games. The AFCCG should feel different than a week 17 game against a sub .500 team after both teams have had their playoff fates determined. Primetime games should feel different from 1 pm games. What ties into this is better commentary. If a team wins back to back SBs it should be talked about. If a team three peats it should be celebrated as it is historical. Better HOF inductions. A guy shouldn't be completely forgotten about because he didn't make the HOF right after he retired in the game. Give guys a chance to make it multiple times.

Do something more with awards. Feels too "Meh" for me. Have it be the talk in the commentary of games after awards have been given out. Have them talk about guys who made the pro bowl (fix this too please as reserve OL should not be making it). I would also like to see Madden adopt an All-Pro award. All-Pro teams are important accomplishments. Should be in the game. Would also like to see comeback player of the year make an appearance

A more lively draft. Even if it is somewhat generic, but I want to see people moving around. Draft picks in the green room. I want to feel the drama that comes with the draft. Not some boring menu the whole time. Also making trading for picks more accessible please!

Right, Left, and Slot Corner along with Slot WR should be their own positions on the Depth Chart. Formation subs should also include STs. DHB is one of the better punt gunners on the team, but since he plays WR for Pittsburgh I can't use him on that unit. I should also be able to play other guys at other positions. Will Gay is a CB, but in the Dime for Pittsburgh he is used as a their Dime Backer. They only way I can use Gay in this fashion in the current Madden is by changing his position to MLB.

I get that it may be damn near impossible to have a radio show anymore on Madden, but I would for them to bring the newspapers back. It could even be just internet news articles to be more modern. I want to read summaries of games around the league, who is playing well and who isn't, draft prospect coverage, expert predictions on coming games, breakout players, potential free agents, and things of that nature.

More stadium choices in CFM. If I decide after 15 years into my franchise I want to close up Heinz Field and rebuild Three Rivers Stadium in all of its cookie cutter glory, sans the green cement known as astro turf, I should be able to.

I understand that a lot of what I want may not even be possible in the current gen of gaming, but I just want to see them try. I want to see them do something new that resembles real football in this mode. It just seems so bare and the only way I can stay in engaged is by making up my own story lines and such.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2017, 03:54 PM   #106
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers4190
Full coaching staffs. Absolutely ridiculous this has not been implemented yet. A HC is only as good as his assistants. Development of PS guys. Those guys are at practice every day. They are on the scout team. There is going to be some development. They aren't going to be static.

Historical stats and better stat tracking that include what team they played for in what season. More stats like TD%, INT%, and targets. Pro-Football Reference is a great tool to lean on for a template on how to present your stats. Franchise records too please! Better sim stats as the mode progresses. No reason the leading FG Kicker should ever lead the league with under 20 attempts on the season. Better draft class tuning would also help with this. Sacks absolutely disappear in later seasons without editing. 90% of a Rookie QB class should never be IDEAL/IDEAL on their sense pressure and forced passes tendencies.

Better atmosphere. In the Show playoff games feel different from regular season games. The AFCCG should feel different than a week 17 game against a sub .500 team after both teams have had their playoff fates determined. Primetime games should feel different from 1 pm games. What ties into this is better commentary. If a team wins back to back SBs it should be talked about. If a team three peats it should be celebrated as it is historical. Better HOF inductions. A guy shouldn't be completely forgotten about because he didn't make the HOF right after he retired in the game. Give guys a chance to make it multiple times.

Do something more with awards. Feels too "Meh" for me. Have it be the talk in the commentary of games after awards have been given out. Have them talk about guys who made the pro bowl (fix this too please as reserve OL should not be making it). I would also like to see Madden adopt an All-Pro award. All-Pro teams are important accomplishments. Should be in the game. Would also like to see comeback player of the year make an appearance

A more lively draft. Even if it is somewhat generic, but I want to see people moving around. Draft picks in the green room. I want to feel the drama that comes with the draft. Not some boring menu the whole time. Also making trading for picks more accessible please!

Right, Left, and Slot Corner along with Slot WR should be their own positions on the Depth Chart. Formation subs should also include STs. DHB is one of the better punt gunners on the team, but since he plays WR for Pittsburgh I can't use him on that unit. I should also be able to play other guys at other positions. Will Gay is a CB, but in the Dime for Pittsburgh he is used as a their Dime Backer. They only way I can use Gay in this fashion in the current Madden is by changing his position to MLB.

I get that it may be damn near impossible to have a radio show anymore on Madden, but I would for them to bring the newspapers back. It could even be just internet news articles to be more modern. I want to read summaries of games around the league, who is playing well and who isn't, draft prospect coverage, expert predictions on coming games, breakout players, potential free agents, and things of that nature.

More stadium choices in CFM. If I decide after 15 years into my franchise I want to close up Heinz Field and rebuild Three Rivers Stadium in all of its cookie cutter glory, sans the green cement known as astro turf, I should be able to.

I understand that a lot of what I want may not even be possible in the current gen of gaming, but I just want to see them try. I want to see them do something new that resembles real football in this mode. It just seems so bare and the only way I can stay in engaged is by making up my own story lines and such.
Great suggestions although I'm not sure about newspaper articles. Personally I don't see myself reading them. More useful Twitter posts instead of the generic stuff right now, even a video in a Twitter post with a video highlight from a game that week. Remember when NCAA had the ESPN pages sometimes including a photo you captured during the game, or an MLBTS style radio show summarising scores, key plays, players and stats from the previous week would be a massive step in the right direction.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:48 PM   #107
Rookie

I want for fantasy draft to reset a teams draft picks. I shouldn't be penalized draft picks for prior trades in that scenario.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2017, 07:21 AM   #108
MVP

I've divided my Franchise wishlist into two categories: "Needs" and "Wants". Simply put, stuff in the "Needs" section needs to be in the mode within the next few iterations. I'd certainly like to have everything in the "Wants" section included as well, but I won't be too disappointed if they aren't.

Needs
  • We need coordinator positions to add depth to the coaching staff aspect of CFM. Coach firings and coaching searches are some biggest real life stories every January (outside of the playoffs, of course) and it's a shame that this isn't reflected in Madden. Each assistant coach would come with certain boosts for certain position groups and fit the scheme of the head coach. There also needs to be a system that keeps the pool of NFL coaches fresh. For example, after getting fired from a head coaching position, say, twice in five years, that coach can only be a coordinator from that point forward. Going two seasons without being employed at all would result in being removed from the coaching pool entirely. There would also be a system that would weigh age and success in regards to coaches retiring. Ideally, we'd also have full editing of coaches (name, appearance, attire, playbooks, etc.)

• One recent CFM improvement that I felt went a bit under-the-radar was the redesigning of player cards in M16 and M17. They're much more well-organized and aesthetically pleasing than they were a few years ago. However there's still a lot of room for improvement. The career stats screen should list the team played for and the season stats screen should be in chronological order with weekly opponents listed. Player cards should also include complete injury and transaction histories.

• This speaks to a greater need for historical stats preservation. While it would be cool to have every individual, team, and league stat archived within a CFM, i'd be content with at least standings, week-by-week scores, league award winners, and Super Bowl champions.

• Tiburon needs to take a page out of MLB: The Show's playbook and add multiple TV graphics packages. One mimicking
    FOX, one mimicking CBS, one mimicking NBC/SNF, one mimicking ESPN/MNF, and another mimicking NFLN/TNF. Also, I know these last few might be longshots, but I'd also like to see packages replicating the 1994 and 2001-2002 Fox packages (for use with classic rosters) and a package that replicates local TV preseason ones that often feature the local team's logo and/or colors prominently. This could go a long way in regards to keeping games fresh and further replicating the NFL on TV experience.

• Another page to take from MLBTS: year-to-year saves for CFM files.

• One of my favorite ideas from DeuceDouglas' infamous CFM overhaul was a menu ticker that would be dedicated solely to the happenings of your league (scores from the previous week, next week's matchups, injuries, stat leaders, transactions, etc.). Ideally, this would be combined with a weekly video wrap up show (in the vein of NFL 2K5 or M10/M11) or radio show (in the vein of MLB: The Show or M05-M07). This ticker having NFL Network branding could also add another degree of realism/immersion.

• Presentation elements in playoff games that better convey their scale and importance.

• Another idea that Deuce presented so well was that of improved preseason depth chart management. One would be able to divide his/her roster into a first team, second team, etc. like so. Then, you could set how long each team would play for, either by selecting a number of possessions or the end of a given quarter.

• Having to select seven inactive players prior to each game. Simply put, this is something that happens prior to every NFL game, so it should be in Madden. Hopefully, implementing this would also lead to more realistic practice squad rules.

• It was great to see the gameplay of special teams addressed in M17, but there's still a ways to go. We need a dedicated long snapper position, and punters should be default holders on field goal and extra point attempts. Also, formation subs need to be expanded to include kickoff return and coverage teams.

• We should be able to get a general idea of a prospect's physical abilities prior to the NFL combine, possibly as a 4th "trait" to be unlocked. This pre-combine info wouldn't need to be incredibly specific, but should tell the user which physical traits are exceptional for the prospect's position, which are average, and which are poor.

• The ability to create and share custom draft classes, or, at the very least, the ability to edit prospects during the regular season, with the option to either edit everything (including ratings) or just names, player type, physical appearances and equipment (allowing the game to generate ratings as usual).

• More realistic regular season scheduling. No more than two (on a rare occasion, three) home or road games in a row. Also, the ability to choose preseason opponents.

Wants
  • 90 man rosters to begin each preseason, with realistic cut down dates to 75 and 53 players.

• Uniform numbers that are retired in real life should be off limits to rookies and free agent signings. Seeing a 49er wearing #80, a Bear wearing #34, or a Dolphin wearing #13 is just plain wrong. However, there should also be an option to turn this off if you want to start a CFM using classic rosters.

• The ability for teammates to share a uniform number in the preseason. For example, Matt Breida and Lorenzo Jerome of the 49ers both wore #49 during the 2017 preseason.

• The ability to name team captains.

• The ability to edit a player's face while keeping his real life headshot (if he has one).

• The ability to edit a player's body proportions in CFM.

• PFF-eque player grades. These could be useful for evaluating, say, linemen, whose performances often don't translate to traditional stat sheets in useful ways.

• Being able to access scouting beginning in Week One, as opposed to Week Three.

• Having the Oakland Coliseum's baseball infield included for September games for as long as the A's and Raiders share the facility.

• Lighting that changes as the season progresses. A 1 p.m. kickoff in September should be distinguishable from a 1 p.m. kickoff in December.

• More city, team name, uniform, and stadium options (maybe even create a stadium?) for relocation in CFM. It feels like most of this aspect of CFM has gone untouched since its introduction in M25.

• The ability to export CFM teams into Play Now.

• The ability to play the Pro Bowl.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions

Last edited by ripcandlestickpark; 12-28-2017 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Added year-to-year saves to "Needs"
Old 12-24-2017, 12:21 AM   #109
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

I would like them to go deeper in using the draft klasses. By using all the awards from college on players in the draft. Put stories and injuries and stats on all players..It will give life to the scouting..Redo the player cards and add team history like NCAA 14 did with 126 teams..It's just 32 in the NFL. Go back 30 years on every team keeping track of there records of previous years and years of present and letting us see how every team is doing and keeping track of teams history..Put Superbowls won in players award history along with the year it was won..
Old 12-28-2017, 04:00 PM   #110
Rookie

Madden 19 FRANCHISE Wishlist

1)Passes batted down at the line. I think this would help get completion percentages near a realistic level.
2) Start having teams use backup HB’s and DL in Super Sim. Maybe give us a way to set how much you want to rotate in your HB’s and DL.
3) Get all the legacy bugs and glitches out of custom audibles and custom playbooks. Quit having shotgun plays go into Hail Mary, quit having custom audible slots be empty or unchanged after setting them.
4) Fix formation subs. Get rid or the mirror image/backward formation sub screens.
5) Allow us to set how much each player will play in each preseason game, then sim it. The way it is now, only the 2nd string gets to play if you sim it, and if you run a 4-3 defense, your 2nd DT plays the whole game. So, you either have to play your preseason games or sim them with more than half your preseason roster not seeing the field.
6) Have scheme-specific depth charts. Ex: In a 4-3, allow us to choose to have either: Strong End, Weak End, 1-technique DT, 3-technique DT, OR LDE, RDE, LDT, RDT, and allow for backups at each specific position. Do the same for the LB’s.
7) Have the CPU use better logic setting depth charts. Too often, they’ll have a good rookie LE on the bench because the team already has a good LE. Meanwhile, their starting RE is rated 69 but he starts at RE because he’s labled a RE, and the promising rookie is labled a LE. This happens at many positions.
8) Better position change logic. I draft a great edge rusher who was a 3-4 pass rusher OLB in college, start him at DE in my 4-3 and he has success. I don’t edit his position for years because I’m afraid his attributes will be nerfed by the position change logic. A guys skills and attributes should be just that, regardless of position. The only thing that should change is AWR and PRC. If I move a DT to CB or S, his AWR and PRC should be nerfed alot, but no other attributes should be touched. If I move a DT to DE, or a pass rushing OLB to DE, their AWR and PRC should go down only slightly, and only sometimes. Sometimes, a guy has been miscast his whole career and moving him to a different position makes him more successful. That’s very rare, but it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-28-2017, 04:20 PM   #111
Rookie

YaBarber's Arena

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but CFM needs WAY more roster turnover. Even if it’s lesser rated players. Everyone knows the NFL stands for “Not for long” and even if the saying is played out it doesn’t change the fact that it’s true. Players must be on a 4-5 year clock in madden. Plenty of times guys have a huge season or 2 only to fizzle out a few years after. There are players who barely see the field besides special teams, or start ~7 games one or two seasons to then be replaced by a stud rookie. Roster turnover happens a lot more than you think in the NFL, should happen in madden as well. (Obviously not star players minus rare cases. Or consistent starters with good personality/loyalty etc)

Also.. Players bounce around practice squads only to be picked up by a team who understands how to use their talent, and then they become solid starters. With Madden’s rating system, scheme/philosophy and XP system (which I do NOT like at all) doesn’t really show how different a player can perform with different coaching staffs.. that needs to be implemented.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2017, 04:34 PM   #112
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvann4x
8) Better position change logic. I draft a great edge rusher who was a 3-4 pass rusher OLB in college, start him at DE in my 4-3 and he has success. I don’t edit his position for years because I’m afraid his attributes will be nerfed by the position change logic. A guys skills and attributes should be just that, regardless of position. The only thing that should change is AWR and PRC. If I move a DT to CB or S, his AWR and PRC should be nerfed alot, but no other attributes should be touched. If I move a DT to DE, or a pass rushing OLB to DE, their AWR and PRC should go down only slightly, and only sometimes. Sometimes, a guy has been miscast his whole career and moving him to a different position makes him more successful. That’s very rare, but it happens.

Curious - is this a hypothetical? I’m not totally following this suggestion. Are you requesting attributes change when positions change?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »