Home

Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool

This is a discussion on Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2017, 06:58 PM   #169
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Had maybe the best draft of my Madden career tonight. I'm so freaking stoked right now. I am using the Jets and have a terrible team so since I have so many holes I pretty much went BPA all the way through and it worked beautifully. 2018 New York Football Jets draft recap:

Attachment 140419
Attachment 140420
FYI(Pitts is Superstar Dev, Urlacher is Quick Dev, and Haynes is Superstar Dev)
Man, that Urlacher name is pure money, especially at QB!

Old 09-14-2017, 07:25 PM   #170
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by StartFromScratch
Thanks for the tool. Currently working through what seems to be a very weak draft class but this tool will hopefully help me prevail.

Question about LE/RE rating however.

LE(1) Bal 4-3, 6'6 258 : PMV B+ , POW B, PUR B- -->Potential Blue Chip
LE(2) Spd Rush 6'7 258 : POW B , FMV B, PUR C --> Potential Red Chip
LE(3) 3-4 RStop 6'3 289 : POW A- , TAK B, BSH B- --> Do Not Draft

It seems like no matter the ratings if BSH is less than B they are DND. Is this intentional? I ask because of the 15 LE/RE scouted only the 3 that do not have BSH listed are left on my board. Even if their 3rd stat is less than B (implying BSH would also be less)
I've drafted a few players "the tool" listed as DND, and with some development (and a position change in a couple of cases) they turned out to be very useful players. I look at "the tool" as my scouting department; they give me essential info but are by no means infallible.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:53 PM   #171
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StartFromScratch
Thanks for the tool. Currently working through what seems to be a very weak draft class but this tool will hopefully help me prevail.

Question about LE/RE rating however.

LE(1) Bal 4-3, 6'6 258 : PMV B+ , POW B, PUR B- -->Potential Blue Chip
LE(2) Spd Rush 6'7 258 : POW B , FMV B, PUR C --> Potential Red Chip
LE(3) 3-4 RStop 6'3 289 : POW A- , TAK B, BSH B- --> Do Not Draft

It seems like no matter the ratings if BSH is less than B they are DND. Is this intentional? I ask because of the 15 LE/RE scouted only the 3 that do not have BSH listed are left on my board. Even if their 3rd stat is less than B (implying BSH would also be less)
If you look at the Scouting Requirements tab, it clearly shows that there must be a B+ or better in either PMV, FMV, or BSH to be a blue chip. To be a red chip, there must be a B- in either PMV or FMV or else a B in BSH. The last one does not meet that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 10:32 PM   #172
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomshark
If you look at the Scouting Requirements tab, it clearly shows that there must be a B+ or better in either PMV, FMV, or BSH to be a blue chip. To be a red chip, there must be a B- in either PMV or FMV or else a B in BSH. The last one does not meet that.
Not necessarily. Because either PMV or FMV COULD still be a B-. The skill grade would be lower than the BSH B-. But, if the BSH skill was at the HIGH end of the B-, then one of the other skills COULD be at the low end of B- but still be B-
Old 09-14-2017, 10:37 PM   #173
Rookie

Have we revisited guards and the IBK as a first stat thing? I'm seeing some decent guards get drafted where IBK of A or A- was the first scouted stat.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:43 PM   #174
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
Not necessarily. Because either PMV or FMV COULD still be a B-. The skill grade would be lower than the BSH B-. But, if the BSH skill was at the HIGH end of the B-, then one of the other skills COULD be at the low end of B- but still be B-
The requirement is not a 'could be'. One of those stats must be one of the 3 scouted stats, at the required level, afaik.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:57 PM   #175
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomshark
Have we revisited guards and the IBK as a first stat thing? I'm seeing some decent guards get drafted where IBK of A or A- was the first scouted stat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
OMN quick question. For G and C no matter what if they have IBK as their first skill it says possible red chip regardless of how high the skill is. It could be A+. Is that correct? I was looking through the skill requirements and it didn't seem there was any direct requirement for IBK.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
It's a hangover from m17, where it was very rare for a guy with IBK as his top skill to be over 75. I haven't got enough data yet for m18 to refute that check, though the with A grade IBKs it's going to be worth doing I'd say.
Answer in bold.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2017, 01:09 PM   #176
Rookie

OVR: 7

Do many of you hold off on Red Chip players in the early weeks? for example

Lets say you're scouting WR's... do you scout one skill level for each of them then if they are a blue chip you scout further?

And the remaining red chips do you hold off until the combine to input the combine #'s which sometimes is the deciding factor if they are a red chip or do not draft?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »