Home

New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2017, 08:51 PM   #265

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

Well I cracked and picked the game up on sale at Walmart tonight. Hearing those I trust talk about the improvements to CPU QB play was too much to ignore. I certainly hope zone defenses are better though as well, before trading the game in I cringed at the thought of calling a zone defense and built my secondary to run nothing but man 95% of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2017, 09:32 PM   #266
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Going to play as the Jets as a bit of a test of how I can play offense with a lower rated team. My PPG with Dallas are pretty high in my test season, not quite unrealistic high, but more like "pie-in-the-sky-optimism" real-life levels. First game is against the Bills, and will be my the first game against a true mobile QB threat since the patch.
I played this game multiple times, and let me tell ya, Tyrod will run!

When you have to worry about McCoy and Tyrod on the ground, in addition to defensing the pass, it really adds a level of difficulty to defensive game planning. It's amazing to have to account for this now.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:44 PM   #267
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I played this game multiple times, and let me tell ya, Tyrod will run!

When you have to worry about McCoy and Tyrod on the ground, in addition to defensing the pass, it really adds a level of difficulty to defensive game planning. It's amazing to have to account for this now.

He sure did. I'll put a video up soon like I did for Rodgers.

So, um, needless to say that was a totally different experience than playing with Dallas. It should have actually been a little closer except for me throwing 3 INT in the 4th trying to get back into the game.

Shady ran for almost 200, Taylor threw for 300. Believe it or not, he threw for 297 in the real-life game in 2016, though he often hangs around 150-low 200's.
Old 11-23-2017, 10:03 PM   #268
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

He sure did. I'll put a video up soon like I did for Rodgers.

So, um, needless to say that was a totally different experience than playing with Dallas. It should have actually been a little closer except for me throwing 3 INT in the 4th trying to get back into the game.

Shady ran for almost 200, Taylor threw for 300. Believe it or not, he threw for 297 in the real-life game in 2016, though he often hangs around 150-low 200's.
Wow! And honestly, it looks like you did a decent job containing him. He tended to put up 75-85 on me.

Shady has my number. I can't seem to keep him under 125-150. I feel lucky if I keep him under 150, in fact.
Old 11-23-2017, 10:14 PM   #269
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

This game plays much like '16 does now and that's a good thing because if they would've just kept the gameplay of '16 and added things to CFM I would've been perfectly fine with it. I don't know what happened between '16 and '17 but we don't need that to happen again.

Hopefully we can get penalties back to normal and CPU play calling can use some help.
Old 11-23-2017, 10:23 PM   #270
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
Try editing QB traits. Experiment with TRIGGER HAPPY and IDEAL sense pressure. Also experiment with MOBILE and BALANCED quarterback style. You'll see radically different performances.
But you never told us what results you actually got...? What are you seeing, and what should we expect?
Old 11-23-2017, 10:24 PM   #271
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Wow! And honestly, it looks like you did a decent job containing him. He tended to put up 75-85 on me.

Shady has my number. I can't seem to keep him under 125-150. I feel lucky if I keep him under 150, in fact.
Yeah I played a lot of zone in lieu of using a spy. It definitely helped me keep him contained. But when he throws for 300, not much you can do.

CPU offense was a little high in my Dallas games too, so if anything I might look to knock both offenses down a bit. Need to play some more games with the Jets to see what the balance should be though.

It's not slider hell if I'm enjoying the process. And for the first time in a long while with Madden, I am.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2017, 01:09 AM   #272
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

My O is rusty as crap but man is the game so much more fun now. Just lost test CFM game 3 to Raiders but it was a blast. Having to defend possible run from QB is such a game changer.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »