Home

New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2017, 12:30 PM   #113
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
So what it should it be changed to...Never? Or anything else aside from Brace for All Hits???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
It only has an impact after the catch. CPU receivers run their routes at normal speed, but the bug kicks in after catching the ball.

I have started to notice it a lot more in my franchise. Luckily I only have 2 games left in the season, so maybe a fix will be out by the time I start the next season.

I'm not going to edit all the brace traits. That is time consuming and could also lead to a lot more fumbles.

I've still had the RB or receivers make some long runs/catches because when I go in to tackle or hit stick them I completely whiff because I'm not used to the slow speed they running at. Just had Cousins rack up over 300 yards passing on me with that bug. Receivers can still get down the field in their routes just fine.
Prepatch, i noticed reciever not taking off quick on routes. I play broadcast cam, so downfield action doesn’t get seen as much. But it is causing tackle for loss on run plays. Even with run block at 99.
Old 12-15-2017, 02:04 PM   #114
Rookie

IlliniOne82's Arena

OVR: 1

I haven't had a chance to play since Sunday, before the patch, so how bad is this sprint issue? I'm not really interested in having to manually change player traits. Is this issue game breaking without that?
Old 12-15-2017, 04:10 PM   #115
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniOne82
I haven't had a chance to play since Sunday, before the patch, so how bad is this sprint issue? I'm not really interested in having to manually change player traits. Is this issue game breaking without that?
It will wreck the kick return game, and allow most CPU players to be caught from behind on long runs. The CPU can still score by passing, and sometimes will get decent runs due to backs and WRs evading tackles, but over all, there will be a significant decrease in rushing and RAC yards by CPU teams.

After three games with this bug (and being able to easily hold the CPU under 100yds rushing while still calling mostly Nickle/Dime Cover 2, even against the run, in all three), I have shelved Madden 18 (again) until this is fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2017, 06:23 PM   #116
MVP

gman2774's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
So what it should it be changed to...Never? Or anything else aside from Brace for All Hits???

This is my question as well. Earlier in the thread it was mentioned that changing the trait to medium or hard solved the problem. Then it was mentioned only never solves the problem. Has there been consensus on this? Anyone know if changing to never causes a higher frequency of fumbling?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-15-2017, 06:27 PM   #117
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2774
This is my question as well. Earlier in the thread it was mentioned that changing the trait to medium or hard solved the problem. Then it was mentioned only never solves the problem. Has there been consensus on this? Anyone know if changing to never causes a higher frequency of fumbling?

I can say I did not see the bug occur on a player with the trait on "brace for medium hits", and I outlined how to see that for yourself. I've only seen it on "brace for all hits".

I did not check the effect on fumbling - that would be really hard to test as an end-user anyway, since there are a lot of variables taken into account that determine whether a player will fumble.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:30 PM   #118
MVP

gman2774's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I can say I did not see the bug occur on a player with the trait on "brace for medium hits", and I outlined how to see that for yourself. I've only seen it on "brace for all hits".

I did not check the effect on fumbling (that would be really hard to test as an end-user anyway, since there are a lot of variables taken into account that determine whether a player will fumble

Thanks bcruise. I’m going to roll with medium as I believe it will be lower risk of creating more fumbles then using never. Also saw this....good news I think.

Old 12-15-2017, 07:52 PM   #119
MVP

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Prepatch, i noticed reciever not taking off quick on routes. I play broadcast cam, so downfield action doesn’t get seen as much. But it is causing tackle for loss on run plays. Even with run block at 99.
Saw this too, my wr was stuck at the line of scrimmage the whole play. He just stood there nothing was touching him. So annoying

Sent from my SM-G935P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-15-2017, 07:58 PM   #120
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2774
Thanks bcruise. I’m going to roll with medium as I believe it will be lower risk of creating more fumbles then using never. Also saw this....good news I think.

Thanks for posting, that’s good news!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »