Home

New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2017, 09:01 AM   #241
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Not looking good for a pre-Christmas 1.08 fix.

This is crazy if Madden 18 does not became playable for offline players until after the end of the NFL season . . .
This is totally unacceptable...even for EA, I am surprised.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2017, 09:39 AM   #242
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Is there a way to access individual patch files? I'm guessing no as someone would've proposed that solution by now.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 12-21-2017, 09:43 AM   #243
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Is there a way to access individual patch files? I'm guessing no as someone would've proposed that solution by now.
There hasn't been this capability on the consoles at least in any of the other games I play. Believe me I think that would solve a lot of issues individual players have; If you had a great game going with 1.05, but found 1.07 not enjoyable, revert back. I don't know about the computer based versions. I have a few strategy games from Steam where if I wanted to I could revert back to earlier versions, but just can not use the latter modifications.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:20 AM   #244
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Not with the PS4, no.

The only way would be if you had interrupted the download or kept your console or game offline since 1.08 was released, but, for most of us, the patch was installed before we realized what it had broke.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:53 AM   #245
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Not looking good for a pre-Christmas 1.08 fix.

This is crazy if Madden 18 does not became playable for offline players until after the end of the NFL season . . .
I can guarantee that a patch for sim players will be put out after the season with a disclaimer by developers saying see we listened to the community..This is to get a head start on Madden 19 marketing..As long as all three modes are truly intertwined they have no incentive to put out a patch until the tournaments, Madden Bowl etc are done..They are not sitting there thinking thst they have to put out an immediate fix for something they broke because it doesnt effect the competitive crowd..They already stated the band aid fix change the ball carrier trait ..that placates the sim crowd..Truly I lost hope when they said last week that they were actively working on it when someone asked if a patch would be out soon..then it gets down to change the trait with no eta..Its the holidays tournaments are in full swing and Superbowl marketing for Madden tournaments are a priority..We are a minority and not a priority..If the patch somehow affected the competitive crowd a fix would have been out quick fast and in a hurry..Its take it or leave it for anyone else..As I have stated before I have respect for the developers but the ball was dropped on this one and the community has the right to call it like they see it..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2017, 12:05 PM   #246
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
I can guarantee that a patch for sim players will be put out after the season with a disclaimer by developers saying see we listened to the community..This is to get a head start on Madden 19 marketing..As long as all three modes are truly intertwined they have no incentive to put out a patch until the tournaments, Madden Bowl etc are done..They are not sitting there thinking thst they have to put out an immediate fix for something they broke because it doesnt effect the competitive crowd..They already stated the band aid fix change the ball carrier trait ..that placates the sim crowd..Truly I lost hope when they said last week that they were actively working on it when someone asked if a patch would be out soon..then it gets down to change the trait with no eta..Its the holidays tournaments are in full swing and Superbowl marketing for Madden tournaments are a priority..We are a minority and not a priority..If the patch somehow affected the competitive crowd a fix would have been out quick fast and in a hurry..Its take it or leave it for anyone else..As I have stated before I have respect for the developers but the ball was dropped on this one and the community has the right to call it like they see it..
They need to go prestissimo with this fix instead of lento
Old 12-21-2017, 12:09 PM   #247
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
I don't disagree with this and I added to Iced Coffee's tweet this morning it would be nice to get the title update out by Xmas.

The title update dropped 10 days ago, probably a week ago last Monday. Does the logistics fit that a title update would come out before the holidays if they need to fix the issue, test it inside EA before releasing to MS and Sony, and have MS and Sony test it out?

I haven't touched the game in the last 10 days and it will continue to collect dust until it's fixed.

I am fortunate enough that the whole family is now home and my gaming overall will diminish greatly, but still no excuse on EA's end.

This shouldn't have happened in the first place.
Old 12-21-2017, 12:23 PM   #248
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2

Our only hope is for the NFL to allow other developers to obtain a license similar to MLB.

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »