Home

New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2017, 04:45 PM   #233
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Nah, new leadership wouldn't help because people would complain about that leadership and the prior leadership, etc.....

Two words: Legacy coding and it's a huge undertaking from my understanding.

Legacy coding isn't going anywhere and neither would new leadership.
Yep...we agree on that...new leadership could not find their way out of this mess. I see the end of this title (as we know it) coming in the next few years. I am not sure what it will morph into.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:41 PM   #234
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniOne82
This about sums up my feelings. The slow running bug is certainly there but the CPU can still run the ball against me. The long runs aren't there but I'm certainly not stuffing them behind the line every attempt. I haven't experienced the "QB won't scramble" or "CPU runs it out from 9 yards deep in the endzone" issue that others have mentioned. The kick returns when they do bring it out are a problem but I can deal with that until it's fixed.
Definitely. There are just issues in general. I need my Madden fix and the game still does that. I never know what to expect, which is all I'm after at this point. Working on sliders, and constantly seeing encouraging signs. Not signs that fix any of the glaring issues, but still an enjoyable experience.

That's not to say I'm not disappointed, I'm just at the point of "it is what it is..."
Old 12-20-2017, 06:22 PM   #235
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Honestly, this is why Comp/MUT are having no problem having the devs tune the game based on their feedback.

It’s like CFM folk would rather note a “but” then dialogue their reason for the but.

Look at most of the leading threads for Madden on this forum.

They’re pretty much all the same dialogue about the game.

This CFM Gameplay focuses around using the “Delta” of Player Ratings to dictate outcomes and triggering animations, yet there’s not one thread about Tuning to the levels CFM wants.

I wonder how many CFM gamers here even know what Delta is, and it’s functionality in the mode they claim to be part of?

I mean not one thread discussing any Tuning levels for CFM, not one!!!

Default EA rosters and their updates, are rated for H2H Comp/MUT Play Style and Slider folk are spending countless hours/days trying to use the sliders to get the game to play at Sim level, when several of the issues would be alleviated if the Delta’s where tuned for Sim Play Style.

This is not at you, but there are posters (check their historical postings) who love to drive every topic towards talking about something in a negative light and sadly, I see a lot of Sim folk following right down this rabbit hole.

Can we at least get into discussing Tuning levels for Sim Play Style, that can/will be done for M18?

Otherwise, Sim Play Style will continued to tag along with Comp/MUT levels being universally applied to it.

Tuning discussions is something I can get down with.

All this other stuff being discussed in these threads doesn’t do anything for my $60 purchase.

Again, not directed at you, just trying to sound an alarm that CFM folk in this forum must redirect their focus at this point towards Tuning for the Play Style.

Ditto. Echo. Samsies.

This is the first madden where I made little to no slider or roster edits. Why? Because if simulation has dedicated tuning then my/our concerns should be addressed with the devs not ad hoc blindly testing on our own (this was my preferred method before simulation mode).

This is also why I asked a sample size question in this (or another thread). We have to be able to wrap our arms around the scope of a problem so we can communicate it up to the devs. Samples of 1 and shelving or commentary post unarticulated edits and slider adjustments creates a lot of variables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2017, 06:23 PM   #236
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
I would edit the traits back so when they do put a patch out to fix it, I dont have to try and remember each player I edited.

I get that. I was wondering what the negative impact might be leaving the edited post patch? ie more fumbles?

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 12-20-2017, 08:11 PM   #237
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
We’ve had Patches that include some tunning that’s universal across all Play Styles, but no Tuners specific towards Sim Play Style.

This has been brought up by a few to the devs via Twitter, but the Sim comm as a whole is not voicing it as a request, which is needed.
I dont have the tweet pulled up but Clint and/or Rex said awhile back that they were collecting tuning info for all modes and it would be coming. No word yet (Its been at least a month if I recall correctly).

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:24 PM   #238
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

If anyone is interested in filing a complaint to The Better Business Bureau here is their number in the Florida area (407) 621-3300. Im sorry but this is just not acceptable.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 12-20-2017 at 11:35 PM.
Old 12-21-2017, 03:28 AM   #239
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I'm still playing it. Having fun for the most part. Definitely some weird things in coverage, but not completely terrible. The user defenders not going after a scrambling QB is just meaning I have to manually switch faster. RB is still pushing through even if they had TFL. The bummer happens when it's like 3rd and 1 and they run, and get blown up. The game still surprises me though, and am still having fun.

On PS4 use the R3 button when you want the nearest CPU controlled defender to chase the QB, not sure on Xbox equivalent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2017, 08:59 AM   #240
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Not looking good for a pre-Christmas 1.08 fix.

This is crazy if Madden 18 does not became playable for offline players until after the end of the NFL season . . .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »