Home

'Madden 19' News: Carlos Guerrero Takes Over As Senior Producer For Series

This is a discussion on 'Madden 19' News: Carlos Guerrero Takes Over As Senior Producer For Series within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2018, 12:03 PM   #25
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 'Madden 19' News: Carlos Guerrero Takes Over As Senior Producer For Series

With EA getting their ducks in order , we might start hearing about M19. I’ll wait till then to pass judgement .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2018, 12:59 PM   #26
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

So basically this guy worked on the two best RTS games of their era, the best RPG of it's era, the best MMORPG to date, and every one of it's best received expansions?

I'd say that's encouraging. Hopefully he bring the Blizzard commitment to excellence to the team and fully explains ratings and mechanics.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:06 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 1

personally i dont rate WoW as the best MMORPG, it may be popular but average age is way lower of players than other games like Everquest, FFXI, Lotro etc. I hope we dont see dark elf warlock qbs ... ! Madden sim has higher average age than online/arcade/mut i would hypothesise
Old 05-16-2018, 01:54 PM   #28
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

The best part of this is now EA will lie, cheat, and steal to make this a better game and anybody found ****ing around on the clock gonna get frog splashed.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:04 PM   #29
MVP

I'm tired of them hiring people who don't know football or come from a sports game background. The last two that were hired - Dickson and Cummings - were and we've got some nice progress. Anyone remember Jeremy Strauser or Peter Moore?
Old 05-16-2018, 02:39 PM   #30
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
I'm tired of them hiring people who don't know football or come from a sports game background. The last two that were hired - Dickson and Cummings - were and we've got some nice progress. Anyone remember Jeremy Strauser or Peter Moore?
I think you're a little confused here.

Peter Moore was an executive, way up the chain, rarely ever even seen in Orlando.

Jeremy Strauser is the only appropriate name you mentioned, as he was EP. However the organizational structure of Madden has changed immensely since he was EP, it's not really the same responsibilities anymore.

Rex Dickson is being replaced by Clint Oldenburg. Clint is a former Redskin. How's that "not from a football background?"

Ian Cummings was the creative director for game modes. He was replaced 6 years ago by Mike Young, who's still in that position. He and Rex never held the same position.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:58 PM   #31
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Just seeing this news... Sentiments sure change from page 1 to page 4 of this thread. You guys had me on a rollercoaster trying to figure out whether this is good or not!

I'm hopeful that we can get some significant CFM additions in M19 and then if Vlad Guerroro decides to not mess with it in M20 at least we will have something better than what we've got now. His RPG background is definitely intriguing if he were to get involved with CFM though, because i think a lot of the best CFM ideas the community has come up with are more detail-based and would benefit from an RPG background that brings more depth to the mode.

M20 certainly looks to be a total wild card right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2018, 03:15 PM   #32
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I think of something Mills has said constantly on his streams....paraphrasing, but the gist was that sports games were basically RPGs with a sports backdrop. That's really a fairly accurate statement....we are essentially role-playing as either players or coaches/GMs. Guerrero's resume is heavy into this genre (and certainly with games featuring a heavy online focus). In those respects, his expertise in those areas would seem to jive.

RPGs are heavy into strategic countermoves AND dice-rolls....two things which are fundamental aspects of having a quality football experience. I'm confident that Clint, if left to his own devices, can create the appropriate football backdrop and hopefully in a sim fashion...if Carlos can complement that backdrop with the strategic elements, this could wind-up being a fine move for gameplay.

The core of football (both on the field and on the virtual gridiron) is about tactics and strategies and having the appropriate pieces (players) to successfully execute them. Whether it is placing a pikeman against a mounted unit or a Cover 2 LB against a TE, it is all about moves and countermoves. Stick skills (even on competitive modes) is really secondary to the tactics.

I'm intrigued...there is potential here....
This is exactly where I see things going. The game needs a variety of people with different skills and visions to make a game work. RPG is all a sports game is about. Win/lose outcomes.

EA hopefully will get better at the transitional graphics so that a win or loss animation is more fluid; more visually believable for the audience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »