Home

Zan's Madden 19 Interview - w/ Sr. Producer Carlos Guerrero

This is a discussion on Zan's Madden 19 Interview - w/ Sr. Producer Carlos Guerrero within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2018, 11:55 PM   #17
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Zan's Madden 19 Interview - w/ Sr. Producer Carlos Guerrero

I really cant help but think all the excitement is due to the fact that hes just a new voice. Player movement was most likely ea's direction with or without carlos guerrero. (Dont get me wrong, it sounds great as does most ea market speak before the game drops) Im hearing the same things ive heard for really the past 5 or 6 years, nothing new here. All this excitement will at the very least be tempered by reality come August just like last year and the year before that when whats delivered doesnt really live up to what was promised.

Ea changes key roles every so often, not so much for fresh ideas, but for renewed optimism when the last persons voice gets old and doesnt carry the weight it used to. The game will improve, but still at a snails pace with many bumps and hiccups in the road no matter whos in charge.
Old 05-26-2018, 12:08 AM   #18
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

OVR: 0

We've been "updating core gameplay" for the past decade in Madden football. If Franchise doesn't see a major overhaul this year, I'm out.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:19 AM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I doubt most of us here need to be reminded about "we've heard this before routine."

Most of the folks here are in a wait and see mode and being cautiously optimistic.

It will be all telling in August how this stuff comes out and it's just the tip of the iceberg.(we've heard this before, too) At least, it's early August this year.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:27 AM   #20
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I doubt most of us here need to be reminded about "we've heard this before routine."

Most of the folks here are in a wait and see mode and being cautiously optimistic.

It will be all telling in August how this stuff comes out and it's just the tip of the iceberg.(we've heard this before, too) At least, it's early August this year.
The thing is it doesnt matter what Carlos’ or Rex’s or Ian’s or whomever’s vision for the game is. The suits are the ones who decide what type of game we get.

All this talk sounds good but im sure hes limited as to how hes allowed to improve the game.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:37 AM   #21
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
The thing is it doesnt matter what Carlos’ or Rex’s or Ian’s or whomever’s vision for the game is. The suits are the ones who decide what type of game we get.

All this talk sounds good but im sure hes limited as to how hes allowed to improve the game.
Let's also not forget, if we are going this route, this was Rex's last imprint on Madden 19.

Who is debating it's the suits that make the final decisions? Again, it's something most of us are aware here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2018, 09:11 AM   #22
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm skeptical any one will ever deliver and end to Madden's legacy jank, but I'm pulling for Carlos for making this a stated priority.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:50 AM   #23
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8

He very smoothly sidestepped the question about the ppl against paying to have better teams in mut or whatever which I understand it's a corporation and that's just business. I liked the interview especially because my ignorance of the game wow made me think what could this guy actually offer. My hope is that part of his agreement of taking the job was that they'd let him do it more how he wants to do it without the pressure of back of the box stuff (since they sought him out) I liked last year's maddens iteration but the movement was horrible so adding movement like he's saying fixes most of my gripes. The rest would be icing on the cake for me.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:53 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

I found Carlos’s comments on previous franchise mode around the 20 minute mark very dismissive. He makes it sound like there is too many unreasonable requests for the mode and that is the big problem for the mode. In reality the mode is half baked and has no vision or core features it needs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »