Home

Open Beta: Why Not?

This is a discussion on Open Beta: Why Not? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2018, 09:47 PM   #33
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Open Beta: Why Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
Honestly, I do not think that the feedback they are getting from this will help speed along bug fixing processes. Just a hype machine.
As someone who got a code and has access to the forum for feedback, I can say it's about 90% good, solid feedback regarding bugs and things that actually need fixes. I can't say what that feedback is per the NDA agreement but it's solid.

Major Boise State fan

Last edited by SilverBullet19; 06-25-2018 at 09:51 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:24 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 1

I think a lot of the folks saying it's only for hype or "should be open to everyone" are just salty they aren't in it and would have a different opinion if they were in :P

Kidding mostly.

Like with everything, there's good feedback in there & poor feedback. A lot of threads on OS about other topics devolve into wishlist threads anyway, so I'm not sure the answer is necessarily "more OS posters", but those of us in the beta are doing our very best to provide good constructive feedback. Rest assured, most of us want the same thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 06-25-2018, 10:37 PM   #35
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
This Open Beta is being used on Twitter to get Followers & Retweets. They are not being selective about who gets codes just who does what they say to get them. I guess we will see how this works out for Madden.

I think anyone who has EA ACCESS should have access to the Beta.
You would think they would do this considering the people are paying EA month to month but no not the case.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2018, 11:21 PM   #36
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

There's no good reason for a game like Madden to have an open beta. People just want to play it early, which I understand. But a closed beta serves a purpose. An open beta (in a game like Madden) does not.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 06-26-2018, 04:22 AM   #37
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

I think this year it's a step in the right direction, especially how M18 was handled and the backlash people had towards the lack of information. Maybe in the future there is an Open Beta, or a larger Closed one, but for now I think they want to take it slowly.

It's a good way to get input from a variety of different players, not just the gamechangers or usual people in the past. EA benefits both from getting good bug input (especially from players who really look for them and provide detailed info on them) and letting new members of the COMP/MUT/SIM crowd communicate their impressions prior to release.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:43 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
As someone who got a code and has access to the forum for feedback, I can say it's about 90% good, solid feedback regarding bugs and things that actually need fixes. I can't say what that feedback is per the NDA agreement but it's solid.

I don’t doubt that there is good feedback. I just have zero faith that the Madden team will make the necessary changes that are recommended.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:48 AM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
I don’t doubt that there is good feedback. I just have zero faith that the Madden team will make the necessary changes that are recommended.
I mean a lot of the changes are bug fixes to be honest. Obviously there is some tuning things that can be done, but nothing major is happening between now and August is my guess.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:15 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
I mean a lot of the changes are bug fixes to be honest. Obviously there is some tuning things that can be done, but nothing major is happening between now and August is my guess.

That is good though. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but it just felt like this was a chance for EA to say “these changes were from feedback we got from you!” When in reality, the NDA would block people from knowing what was really provided, and would allow EA to use that as a crutch. Lol, sorry to sound crotchety.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »