Home

Open Beta: Why Not?

This is a discussion on Open Beta: Why Not? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2018, 05:17 AM   #57
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Open Beta: Why Not?

Closed beat you control the info aka we can’t talk about what we played. Open beta trolls crapping all over the game videos all over YouTube ripping the game killing sales which is why you won’t see a open beta.
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Old 06-27-2018, 07:20 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
I thought I paid $60 for open beta access annually already.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Nope, you paid for previews or early access not to be in the Beta though.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:09 AM   #59
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I'm unsure if you are in on the beta, but honestly a good amount of the feedback has actually given me much more hope in the Madden community. If this was truly EA wanting a new method of getting feedback and wasn't truly for hype then I believe it'll be a positive for us because of what I am seeing commented on and brought up.
This is the type of stuff I'm talking about that needs to be ignored, though:

Im looking at some of the feedback on this Madden 19 beta forum. Smh this game would be ruined if they listened to this person with the most votes on their comment
Old 06-27-2018, 08:49 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan
Closed beat you control the info aka we can’t talk about what we played. Open beta trolls crapping all over the game videos all over YouTube ripping the game killing sales which is why you won’t see a open beta.

then don't build a ****ty game for them to show on youtube and "kill sales".

anytime there is a review embargo or a total blackout on gameplay prior to a games release...well...it's gonna be dog****, i guarantee it.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:56 AM   #61
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
Nope, you paid for previews or early access not to be in the Beta though.
The dude you're responding to is just trolling.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2018, 09:08 AM   #62
MVP

OVR: 3

They did a closed beta for Fifa this year too. I assume some things were identified and fixed, other things took longer to fix, and somethings never were addressed/couldn't be addressed. At least they are asking for input, it is just in a controlled manner. They'll get plenty of other input like they do every year once the game gets released, and we all have plenty of methods by which to judge if the game is worth purchasing.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:10 AM   #63
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
They did a closed beta for Fifa this year too. I assume some things were identified and fixed, other things took longer to fix, and somethings never were addressed/couldn't be addressed. At least they are asking for input, it is just in a controlled manner. They'll get plenty of other input like they do every year once the game gets released, and we all have plenty of methods by which to judge if the game is worth purchasing.
Well said and good post coach.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:21 AM   #64
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

It's not just fans that got into the Beta.

I haven't played, or been a fan of Madden for some years now. The last Madden I actually bought (actually received as a gift) was Madden 25 on the PS4, didn't make it through a season and stopped playing. Before that it was Madden 12 on the PS3 and same thing, got bored/frustrated about half way through the season and stopped playing. The last Madden that I truly enjoyed was Madden 2005 on the PS2 and that is the game that I play for my NFL fix.

I mention all of that to say this. It's not just "fans" of the game providing feedback. There is/was a lot about this series that I absolutely don't like/care for. And playing in this BETA is giving me an opportunity to see just how much of my "issues" have been addressed and fixed over the years and this year. Granted I haven't provided much feedback just yet on the forums because I'm allowing the "newness" to wear off and see the game at its core instead of posting solely off the "excitement" of playing a new game.

The idea of an open beta on a game like Madden doesn't help with what they are trying to accomplish if the idea is to get insightful feedback to help make it a better game for their fanbase. Look we all know there are two camps in regards to Madden. You either like it or you hate it. And when the idea is to get insightful feedback to help improve the current game being worked on, it doesn't help to have those two camps involved in a pissing contest on the feedback forums. It doesn't do anything to help accomplish the task at hand.

Time will only tell if this closed Beta helped EA accomplish the goal they had in mind when they did this, but again, if the goal was to gain insightful feedback to help make '19 a better game, then a closed Beta was the only way to accomplish that goal.

PS: I never thought I would be posting in the Madden forums again.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 06-27-2018 at 09:28 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »