Home

Open Beta: Why Not?

This is a discussion on Open Beta: Why Not? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-27-2018, 11:55 AM   #73
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Open Beta: Why Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I wish they had a down vote type of check I place, but at least when you view the comments on that top post the vast majority give me hope.
This would be so helpful, they allow you to comment on someones suggestion but no down vote. I echo what Roadman has said, the game would be ruined if they only went by what had the most up votes. There is some solid suggestions on the beta forums and some that are more wish list and complaints about things sim guys will like. We'll see what happens with the final version.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:33 PM   #74
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
This is the type of stuff I'm talking about that needs to be ignored, though:

Im looking at some of the feedback on this Madden 19 beta forum. Smh this game would be ruined if they listened to this person with the most votes on their comment
while true, i believe EA will be able to figure out , even thought it has those votes, the comments on it say a alot more. I highly encourage everyone ( especially from here) if you see things like that( that would ruin the game but has numerous votes) , please take the time to post a comment on it , stating why its a bad idea for the game. The more comments on it like that, i think the better. You can believe im leaving my comment on them .I hope everyone else does too.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 06-27-2018, 02:52 PM   #75
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
while true, i believe EA will be able to figure out , even thought it has those votes, the comments on it say a alot more. I highly encourage everyone ( especially from here) if you see things like that( that would ruin the game but has numerous votes) , please take the time to post a comment on it , stating why its a bad idea for the game. The more comments on it like that, i think the better. You can believe im leaving my comment on them .I hope everyone else does too.

I've definitely been chiming in with my thoughts. A lot of the comments seem to disagree with the things that have high upvotes so I'm curious where the upvoting is coming from (unless a lot of players are only voting and not leaving comments to go with). Reading them though, EA can easily sort out the good ones from the ones with no thought behind them. Hopefully they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2018, 10:31 AM   #76
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

It is mind numbing to me that some people believe a closed beta program could be about hype/marketing. The vast majority of casual customers have zero clue a beta is going on or care. The beta is something fairly hardcore players will want to engage in and actually provide quality feedback.

No marketing team would invest dollars in a beta. That is funded by the production/development/QA side. Some people will twist anything EA ever does to make them seem awful. I don't like being an EA shill because there's plenty of legitimate criticism to go around. But come on. Closed betas are common. Open betas are not. Closed betas serve a purpose and hype isn't it.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 06-28-2018, 03:30 PM   #77
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
It is mind numbing to me that some people believe a closed beta program could be about hype/marketing. The vast majority of casual customers have zero clue a beta is going on or care. The beta is something fairly hardcore players will want to engage in and actually provide quality feedback.

No marketing team would invest dollars in a beta. That is funded by the production/development/QA side. Some people will twist anything EA ever does to make them seem awful. I don't like being an EA shill because there's plenty of legitimate criticism to go around. But come on. Closed betas are common. Open betas are not. Closed betas serve a purpose and hype isn't it.
In theory I agree with you , however the way This one was done is the reason to believe that marketing had some call over this

If it was simply a matter of getting feedback all they needed to do was select the participants by whatever criteria they chose and announce it to those people

The fact is though that it has been used to promote you tube channels , Twitter accounts and so on , often discussed as little more than a chance to play the game early or demo

Not saying this necessarily to be critical , EA is a business whose purpose is to make money for it's stockholders , but to deny that this has been used as a marketing tool is in my mind naive

Last edited by briz1046; 06-28-2018 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-28-2018, 04:10 PM   #78
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
In theory I agree with you , however the way This one was done is the reason to believe that marketing had some call over this

If it was simply a matter of getting feedback all they needed to do was select the participants by whatever criteria they chose and announce it to those people

The fact is though that it has been used to promote you tube channels , Twitter accounts and so on , often discussed as little more than a chance to play the game early or demo

Not saying this necessarily to be critical , EA is a business whose purpose is to make money for it's stockholders , but to deny that thus has been used as a marketing tool is in my mind naive

Honestly, though, who cares if it IS a marketing tool? Maybe the guys salty that they didn't get into the beta, I guess, but ultimately it doesn't matter does it?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 06-28-2018, 05:30 PM   #79
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046

Not saying this necessarily to be critical , EA is a business whose purpose is to make money for it's stockholders , but to deny that this has been used as a marketing tool is in my mind naive
Sure, there was some marketing to it, but Steve was handing them out randomly here at OS.

OS is a niche market and I don't see OS as a place to market and I don't feel Steve was using it as marketing tool, either.

As the poster said above me, I don't really think it's that big of a deal.
Old 06-28-2018, 06:10 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I have about 5-6 buddies that play Madden regularly and another buddy like me who hasn't bought one since 16. Me and the buddy who isn't an annual buyer are the only 2 that knew of the beta. The 5-6 casual annual buyers had no clue about it until I mentioned it. I don't see it as a big marketing thing either. I just think it is a new approach that EA is taking and I think it's already paid off with some things I've witnessed changing.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »