Home

Madden 20 Beta CFM Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Beta CFM Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2019, 09:35 PM   #49
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 Beta CFM Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
are you able to adjust the simulated played minutes in a franchise mode and have the stats reflect that for an entire cfm.

in other words; example: I want to be able to play 7:30 minute quarters and set my simmed minutes for my entire cfm for 7:30 minutes also,
As I understand it, on Madden 19 sim stats were simulated for about 60 plays per team regardless of quarter time. Presumably that carries over.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 06-21-2019, 09:45 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

How can people hate on Madden's CFM and then go on to love The Show's franchise? Both are pretty lacking and The Show's franchise mode has seen even less progress over the last few years than CFM has.

EA just needs to fire up their PS2, boot Madden 08, go through the franchise mode and implement everything in it they don't have in now. Then look at what both share and take the best of each and combine them. Things like the practice drills and how they wore shorts and pads. How we have good practice drills that teach strategy and they had good drills to improve individual players.
Old 06-21-2019, 09:53 PM   #51
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Madden 20 Beta CFM Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
How can people hate on Madden's CFM and then go on to love The Show's franchise? Both are pretty lacking and The Show's franchise mode has seen even less progress over the last few years than CFM has.

EA just needs to fire up their PS2, boot Madden 08, go through the franchise mode and implement everything in it they don't have in now. Then look at what both share and take the best of each and combine them. Things like the practice drills and how they wore shorts and pads. How we have good practice drills that teach strategy and they had good drills to improve individual players.

I will tell you why.

Presentation......presentation.....presentation

Playing The Show is like truly seeing a game broadcasted on TV or being at the ballpark.

I have three presentation themes which I can utilize the incredible Sounds of The Show.

The Shows presentation blows Madden out of the freaking water.

Presentation = immersion.

Also The Show utilizes all the financial rules, roster rules etc of Major League baseball.

Yes the franchise mode itself needs some love too.....but the Presentation is AAA quality.

Maddens is like a cheap suit.

I enjoy Madden. But The Show blows that game out of the water in Gameplay, presentation and yes Franchise mode depth.

It’s like comparing a Porsche to a Honda Accord in terms of sports games.

Forget the BS hyperbole in the general forum.

If you just go by the slider and roster community of both games The Show has far more staying power and love.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2019, 10:22 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Good point, but I was talking more about the features inside of the mode and additions over the years. Yes, the presentation has really taken off in The Show. Is it MLB 2k quality yet? It's pretty dang close if not better. I'm still sour they took out real time presentation and we're stuck with the closest presentation option being about 75% of what real time was like. The Show does a pretty good with the front office side of things for the most part. It does a lot more there than Madden, but still has room to grow. The draft in The Show is pretty disappointing and I would say so is the progression of players. I'm not a fan of how it is so performance based and if you leave a top prospect in A ball and let him rake he'll just continue to develop to his potential.

While the presentation is miles better than Madden's, I do think both are very bare in their off-field features and both have some issues with their roster building logic. The Show also cannot manage a bullpen to save its life and it ruins the mode if you don't want to go in and fix the opposing team's bullpen everyday. I just laugh at people who criticize Madden's lack of additions to its franchise mode and then point to The Show which has probably touched the mode even less. Yes, they have a big time lack of resources compared to EA, but The Show hasn't really changed the mode or added any big time features to it in years. It's why I've started skipping it as well. I enjoyed the gameplay and presentation, but the CPU bullpen logic and the lack of attention to franchise mode pushed me too far away. Madden pushed me away with its lack of good gameplay and additions to CFM. If it wasn't for Origin Premier Access I'd be going on half a decade without getting Madden.

― Plato
Old 06-21-2019, 10:25 PM   #53
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7

I enjoyed my time with Franchise. I did not touch the mode in 19 or 18 though.

I played about 13 games between the Cowboys and Ravens. I actually felt like the opposing team was game planning against me like I was on the goal selection for them. Maybe it's because 17 was the last time I played franchise but I had a blast.

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief
Old 06-22-2019, 12:24 AM   #54
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

Eh, AJ explained last year that the old tech didn't jive with the new tech they implemented, so, that is why you don't see PS2 era FM stuff in this new era.
Old 06-22-2019, 12:52 AM   #55
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Eh, AJ explained last year that the old tech didn't jive with the new tech they implemented, so, that is why you don't see PS2 era FM stuff in this new era.
So write new code? Convert it to new tech? How the hell do they add anything to the game at all? Do these game features come with the "tech program" already pre made?

They have to design/create it, right? So do so. I mean, if the NHL team can do it, what's Madden devs excuse(s)? Iean, damn, most the features they don't even have to think up. It's all right there in past Maddens, HC09, NCAA14 (and NBA2K customization).

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2019, 12:56 AM   #56
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
So write new code? Convert it to new tech? How the hell do they add anything to the game at all? Do these game features come with the "tech program" already pre made?

They have to design/create it, right? So do so. I mean, if the NHL team can do it, what's Madden devs excuse(s)? Iean, damn, most the features they don't even have to think up. It's all right there in past Maddens, HC09, NCAA14 (and NBA2K customization).

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Operation Sports mobile app
It sounds so easy to write new code, I'm not a IT person, but we know Madden has miles and miles of legacy codes and coding dating to the late 80's or early 90'. My understanding is that if they tried to put the some of the old stuff with new tech, it would break another part of the game.

I recall Ian telling me it takes a long time to remove a line of code in Madden. Maybe that has changed since the Ian days, I don't know.

I don't know, only go by what I hear.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »