Home

Madden 21 early wishlist

This is a discussion on Madden 21 early wishlist within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2019, 12:59 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 21 early wishlist

For me I only play franchise and usually more interested in scouting and development than actually playing. This past season I did 12 draft classes and came to this conclusion. The real players all have the X-factors and are highly ranked while drafting classes start at typically 65-75 and your rare super star at 80-85. The problem that I have encountered is any team with Real players are going to be higher than the draft picks because of the how long it takes these players to develop from a sim perspective. If you sim 10 years down the road it does help level the playing field but then you miss playing with real players of today. I am in year 13 and finally most teams are starting to have all drafted players so the ratings are becoming equal. I like how the ratings are adjusted just need to level it out. Also I have yet to see an x-factor from a drafted player. just my 2 cents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2019, 05:06 PM   #66
Rookie

I just want franchise to feel like its a living breathing world.

Better more realistic injuries, Players aren't just out for 3 wks, theyre out 2-4 depending on how they recover and if they rush back which increases chances of reinjury.

Player rivalries, I remember when Dez and Josh Norman were thrash talking each other, maybe a player gets a big confidence boost or hit depending on if they played well against a rival that called them out.
Hold outs, better contracts, trade demands, if players cause an issue then maybe that affects other players.

Coaching Staff where you can develop your own coaching tree like you always hear with Belichick.
Get rid of the coach walking around in his office and make the left side of the screen your news feed and the right side your menus, so that way you can see who has gotten hurt, or benched or had a big game. and have this constantly changing.

Surprise retirements and players returning or coming back as coaches.
Better scouting system. Have different scouts give different grades based on what they prefer, maybe a scout is big on potential where one is more about athletics so one scout may give a 2nd round grade while the other might give a 4th and have scouts that scout certain areas of the country so they're looking at their own players and have teams hire your scouts away and vice versa.

There's more but that's just off the top of my head.
Old 09-27-2019, 04:47 AM   #67
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

• Coaching Carousel and Coaching Tree with Coordinators!!!!!
  • Progressive injury system with season fatigue.
  • Improved scenario engine with actual impact - holdouts, trade demands, possible retirements.
  • Further develop abilities system and have a slot for a CFM ability (Team Leader, Mentor, Motivator etc)
  • Improved realistic scouting system - send different ability Scouts to regions/games).
  • Closed Free Agent bidding - I shouldn't see the points, just another team is interested.
  • Redoing Roster Groups - LOLB/ROLB/RE/LE is old, need inside DL, Pass Rusher, LB and then list "preferred positions" that gets a slight boost in depth chart and penalty if out of position.
  • Expanded Attributes - Kick Accuracy Short and Long, Long Snapping trait with bad snaps, Heart/Leadership, Special Teams.
  • Morale and Chemistry - develop long term chemistry between a QB and WR, have player morale and position group morale tie together, introducing a toxic superstar should affect the others in the group.
  • More schemes in CFM - whether that's "tweak your own" or a lot more pre-set, make them tie into the coaching carousel (a defensive coordinator promoted to head coach using the same scheme previously). Make it so you can only change scheme in offseason and preseason, then its fixed unless you fire a coach.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:26 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm an offline franchise guy and always will be, I know that is not the focus of the dev team, but a few changes some seemingly very simple could do wonders for franchise mode. I'm not even going to get into gameplay, I can accept some flaws in gameplay if the franchise mode were better.

* Manual injuries- seemingly very simple

* Coaching carousel- I would love something robust but would settle for OC, DC, Special Teams coaches (like we had a generation ago) also a pool of available coaches

*Coaching sliders- with this the AI could be a thousand times better, teams would feel so much different, games would be more unique, especially if the sliders were many and worked properly (I know some of this as far as playcalling can be achieved through playbooks now, but its very tedious and doesn't stick in franchise mode anyway)

*Weather Control (its 2019)

*Ability to simulate games separately in franchise- this is huge for realism to a league for franchise players, I should not have to live with unrealistic sim stats for 10 of the 14 games I simulated, gives us some control since sim stats always seem to be poor, with this we can make it more realistic

I could literally write a book with more changes to not just franchise, but its already been done many times, these are some simple important changes that need to happen.... Sometimes you gotta aim low
.... if your not into MUT
Old 09-28-2019, 02:10 PM   #69
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattanite
  • Coaching Carousel and Coaching Tree with Coordinators!!!!!
  • Progressive injury system with season fatigue.
  • Improved scenario engine with actual impact - holdouts, trade demands, possible retirements.
  • Further develop abilities system and have a slot for a CFM ability (Team Leader, Mentor, Motivator etc)
  • Improved realistic scouting system - send different ability Scouts to regions/games).
  • Closed Free Agent bidding - I shouldn't see the points, just another team is interested.
  • Redoing Roster Groups - LOLB/ROLB/RE/LE is old, need inside DL, Pass Rusher, LB and then list "preferred positions" that gets a slight boost in depth chart and penalty if out of position.
  • Expanded Attributes - Kick Accuracy Short and Long, Long Snapping trait with bad snaps, Heart/Leadership, Special Teams.
  • Morale and Chemistry - develop long term chemistry between a QB and WR, have player morale and position group morale tie together, introducing a toxic superstar should affect the others in the group.
  • More schemes in CFM - whether that's "tweak your own" or a lot more pre-set, make them tie into the coaching carousel (a defensive coordinator promoted to head coach using the same scheme previously). Make it so you can only change scheme in offseason and preseason, then its fixed unless you fire a coach.
This would be nice and a small add in as well as New player profiles and how awards are kept. EA is behind and they knw it. It's koming to a head as all things do when it's run its kourse.
Old 09-28-2019, 02:31 PM   #70
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshTray
I'm an offline franchise guy and always will be, I know that is not the focus of the dev team, but a few changes some seemingly very simple could do wonders for franchise mode. I'm not even going to get into gameplay, I can accept some flaws in gameplay if the franchise mode were better.

* Manual injuries- seemingly very simple

* Coaching carousel- I would love something robust but would settle for OC, DC, Special Teams coaches (like we had a generation ago) also a pool of available coaches

*Coaching sliders- with this the AI could be a thousand times better, teams would feel so much different, games would be more unique, especially if the sliders were many and worked properly (I know some of this as far as playcalling can be achieved through playbooks now, but its very tedious and doesn't stick in franchise mode anyway)

*Weather Control (its 2019)

*Ability to simulate games separately in franchise- this is huge for realism to a league for franchise players, I should not have to live with unrealistic sim stats for 10 of the 14 games I simulated, gives us some control since sim stats always seem to be poor, with this we can make it more realistic

I could literally write a book with more changes to not just franchise, but its already been done many times, these are some simple important changes that need to happen.... Sometimes you gotta aim low
.... if your not into MUT
I second this..I'm with u I'm a offline guy as well and I've always been. But it's so hard to have to keep up with the Superbowl history in my CFM as I'm playing and who all has won one. I do everything I keep track of My own Superbowl history and awards won..It's sad this was in NCAA for 126 teams and it's not in Madden for just 32 teams.Smh...We should be so far ahead with Madden since they have all the tools but not the right ppl in there that knw how to use them..We have a bunched up system that keep the Award history in players profiles it's not keep right. They need to go with the 2k system for how they track awards and keep history over your CFM as your playing..Real time things that's happening is what we need to see and read about. Draft prospects need more to them while scouting. It's should keep track of every player stats and awards won while in school and the AI needs to knw every player that is a First Team AA and Second team. So every team knows what player has won what so it will effect how teams draft. Realistic AI moves need to come to the fore front and be a real part of the game. Real time injuries will stop all the fake animations and injuries that players should not be coming back and Playing like they never left. We knw it happens but not as much as they have it in Madden. It's a game killer and not what goes on in football. Players lost everything if they can't come back from that Bad injury so we need realistic injuries to give us that real feeling like we just lost our star RB with A Complete ACL/PCL tear and it's the first game of the season and we just pay him 65M with 30 of it Guarantee..So having your Rosters and players in place just in case of this. We need to feel like we are really involved in our CFM with all the things going on.Players teams they play for still is not in the players profiles and it's hard to knw anything without keeping track yourself. That was in the games of past. What's going on with the simple things that can b put in but there is no effort to what to...
Old 10-01-2019, 05:54 PM   #71
Rookie

thatmanGriffin's Arena

I would like the special teams to get revamped. There should be a SP Depth Chart besides LS, K, and P examples we can set who blocks on punts and FG who is on the KO defensive/receiving side . They need to add the holder positon which is usually the punter. We should be able to add WR and RB into more special team formations. Some teams keep a extra WR and RB just for that reason. Also the LS needs to be a required position on the roster why add them in the game only to have them cut.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2019, 12:48 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 3

Go back to how Madden 08 felt like:

That radio show was awesome, the college all star game was amazing.. training camp with the practice jerseys.. make the NFL Draft a playable experience! Like the Combine and all..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »