Home

auto generated draft is terrible

This is a discussion on auto generated draft is terrible within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2021, 08:28 PM   #65
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: auto generated draft is terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by abolden05
My only problem with generated classes is that there seems to be a very limited range of athletic capabilities. You don’t get the random 88-89 speed TE, never get an RGIII, Lamar Jackson, or Kyler Murray level athlete at qb. Makes everyone very generic
I drafted a CPU generated TE 8th overall with a 91 speed rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2021, 01:03 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I feel the problem is more the original rosters being to strong than the generated classes being too weak. This leads to the generated players not getting playing time and thus not developing.
That might be true but it doesn't matter. Draft classes have to mirror the original roster. Otherwise it's all nonsense until every single RL player is no longer in the league.
Old 01-09-2021, 01:05 PM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwpit79
I drafted a CPU generated TE 8th overall with a 91 speed rating.
Yeah, I don't think this is a problem either.

For me, OL and MLB are pathetic year after year (TE not much better), while DT has like 10 hidden gem 1st rounders year after year. It's ridiculous and immersion-breaking.
Old 01-09-2021, 01:11 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay87
You are imo right, madden lacks a system, which can make players worse. On PC we have a mod that changes the morality system, it gets more influence, and players with poor performance lose OVR, are more likely to be replaced by the CPU / it's more worthwhile as a user to swap players.
But here again the too strong EA roster is a problem.
Even if you had a better system for it on the console, the distance of the players from the roster to the players from the draft classes is greater and it would take longer / fewer players would be replaced. That's a pretty simple mathematical-logical system.

Hidden dev QBs can even be developed into something special by the CPU.
I have seen this only once in over 35 simulated seasons, but in very rare cases you can get something like this with auto gen draft

Idk if the Pats won the superbowl 3 times with him or how else they did it (no stats for that in a football game... ) but I find that really impressive.
With TFG something like that is even better, because you don't have 8+ 99ers in the starting roster and they really are the absolute elite.
Jay, what do you like for the settings for the number of XF, SS, and Star players in the league after regression each off-season?
Old 01-09-2021, 01:35 PM   #69
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuimus Troes
That might be true but it doesn't matter. Draft classes have to mirror the original roster. Otherwise it's all nonsense until every single RL player is no longer in the league.
You can fix this almost completely with a 10 year sim and smart use of settings.

Start a new franchise. Max out the number of players allowed to have each Star+ dev trait. Turn breakout scenarios off so existing players can't take all the extra spots you've just opened. Leave dev trait regression on so new players need to take the place of old as they either retire or decline.

I've got to think that some folks have created rosters which play nicer with the development mechanics so that should be an option, too.
Old 01-09-2021, 01:45 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
10000% incorrect!!!

Original roster is rated for H2H play, not Franchise play.

The point of Franchise is to build/maintain teams ability to win games/Super Bowl.

You kill your Franchise from jump with your base roster players ratings on the high end.
- every mechanism meant to add some replay ability in Franchise is completely off now.
Old 01-09-2021, 03:20 PM   #71
Banned

I dont mind it at all I used custom 2021 draft class I selected DE Randall Pruitt from LSU he was a normal development into year 2 with him he is already a Superstar development!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2021, 03:22 PM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think this is a problem either.

For me, OL and MLB are pathetic year after year (TE not much better), while DT has like 10 hidden gem 1st rounders year after year. It's ridiculous and immersion-breaking.
Most of those 1st round graded DTs aren't that great of players. If they don't have one of PMV or BSH in their top 3 skills it's almost a lock they won't be worth resigning when the time comes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »