Home

ian or anyone else from ea im sure your tired of hearin about this but...

This is a discussion on ian or anyone else from ea im sure your tired of hearin about this but... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2008, 11:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
ian or anyone else from ea im sure your tired of hearin about this but...

the franchise blog comin anytime soon?
i mean this is what alot of people mainly play and its great that we're hearing about everything else and we're very greatful that you take your time to answer our questions and post things for us on here and other sites but i just want to be a little relieved that there will be some things added to franchise and its not just fixed from last year

at least one thing can you answer here
can you practice your team in franchise mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2008, 11:25 PM   #2
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: ian or anyone else from ea im sure your tired of hearin about this but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysfan440
the franchise blog comin anytime soon?
i mean this is what alot of people mainly play and its great that we're hearing about everything else and we're very greatful that you take your time to answer our questions and post things for us on here and other sites but i just want to be a little relieved that there will be some things added to franchise and its not just fixed from last year

at least one thing can you answer here
can you practice your team in franchise mode?
Ian said in the other thread that the stats part of the franchise blog was done and had been put in Raczillas inbox for posting on the EA site. My guess is Monday... hope that helps.....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 06-14-2008, 11:30 PM   #3
Rookie

oh okay i sure hope so
Old 06-14-2008, 11:34 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

I'm pretty certain that most people really don't play franchise. I'd bet the farm that the percentage of people who do is very small actually.

People who are deep into franchise modes may not realize it, but most people who play these games aren't looking to play the role of owning a team and doing a lot of micro-managing. They just want to hit the field, play a quick game, and move on to other daily activities.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:36 PM   #5
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
I'm pretty certain that most people really don't play franchise. I'd bet the farm that the percentage of people who do is very small actually.

People who are deep into franchise modes may not realize it, but most people who play these games aren't looking to play the role of owning a team and doing a lot of micro-managing. They just want to hit the field, play a quick game, and move on to other daily activities.
You need to read the more than a few posts that might change your perspective about that statement. There has been more than a little outcry for upgrades to Franchise mode on this here site. Peace.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2008, 11:41 PM   #6
Rookie

yeah before online became so widespread the main draw to madden was how deep the franchise was and some people like me dont really care about online i mean i do it from time to time but most of the time i just like building my own team and on the old maddens it used to be alot of fun next gen has been a disappointment in that area as well as many others but 09 is looking like a huge leap forward
Old 06-14-2008, 11:53 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
You need to read the more than a few posts that might change your perspective about that statement. There has been more than a little outcry for upgrades to Franchise mode on this here site. Peace.
Peace indeed. But I'm actually very much aware of the few posts (and I say few by comparison to everything else) around different sites asking for it, but you have to realize that the people asking for it mostly represent the hardcore crowd or at least a more serious crowd than the very casual gamer who never visits a message board to talk about Madden or only picks up info casually which makes up the majority of Madden's target audience.

By comparison to other things, even those posts asking for franchise info are only a small fraction within every Madden community I've visited. Even here (I've been reading this site for many years now).

I do however realize that when you're deeply into something and visit a community where you have some other's who are too, it can become to difficult to see beyond the near and present.

Last edited by Gridiron; 06-14-2008 at 11:58 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:57 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysfan440
yeah before online became so widespread the main draw to madden was how deep the franchise was and some people like me dont really care about online i mean i do it from time to time but most of the time i just like building my own team and on the old maddens it used to be alot of fun next gen has been a disappointment in that area as well as many others but 09 is looking like a huge leap forward
Yeah online has made an up on things, but I don't think it's a case of like "video killed the radio star." I honestly don't believe that anything more than a fraction of the multi-millions who bought Madden before online was a deal were deeply into franchise. With online, the numbers will only decrease unless EA does something to take franchises online in a big way... and even still I think most people will just be looking to hit the field and play and that's about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »