Home

Madden NFL 10 Franchise Mode Improvements: Part 2 Q&A

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Franchise Mode Improvements: Part 2 Q&A within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 04:48 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: NEW FRANCHISE BLOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzal8
Actually alot of those guys were great players.
Del Rio and Edwards were the only ones even close to being great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 04:48 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 9

So, the logic has been fixed and we got some bells and whistles.

Uh, ok.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:49 PM   #67
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
And what you are SAYING is wrong.

We said great players. None of them were much more than average.
Avg players?

Jauron, Dungy, Edwards, Del Rio, Fischer and Singletary were avg players?

One is HOF and the others were good to great players.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:50 PM   #68
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfguy23
They didn't make this blog just for us here at OS. Josh was kind enough to ask for any questions, but he didn't have to do that. He could have just written a blog. Remember, this is a privilege to be a part of this community. EA doesn't need our input. They give us the opportunity to ask questions.

Perspective. This blog was not written JUST FOR US. People from outside of OS are allowed to read it. They (EA) give us the respect here at OS knowing that were hardcore gamers. But that doesn't entitle us to demand more answers for a blog. It's like they give you $20 bucks and you say it isn't good enough. You want $40.
Don't kid yourself. If it wasn't for us, there wouldn't be a need for a blog. Who else is dissecting the post moments after it is made?

I get what you're saying, but I feel that if they're going to put up a mini-hype for it (holding out the information specifically for a blog post), then it better deliver more than 14 questions, especially considering the amount of legitimate questions that were asked.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:51 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 26

Are we seriously arguing over the players who become coaches in franchise mode. How is this even remotely crucial? I understand the concept of to each his own, but can you seriously be tripping about Deion being a coach?!?!
Old 06-16-2009, 04:53 PM   #70
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
And what you are SAYING is wrong.

We said great players. None of them were much more than average.
I'm sorry, but this is all semantics. I agree that it's usually lesser known/skilled players becoming coaches, but I'm okay with it being bigger names in Madden. He never said head coaches either...he just said coaches. In the past, they were mediocre at best and generally had one peak skill related to the position they played. Seems fine to me.

I've seen a lot of arguing about this and zero suggestions. How would you propose it's done? Should it just arbitrarily spit out low rated guys or should there be a formula in place? Base it on awareness, perhaps (but, then again, high awareness is usually for the higher ranked player, leading to the same issues, I'd imagine).

I'm not saying anything is wrong with preferring lesser players or HOF types becoming coaches in Madden (It IS more realistic that way after all, I agree). I just don't understand the utter disappointment in how it's being presented. It's something that no game has done differently, and I'd imagine it's an "easier said than done" type features.

Remember, the game doesn't know these characters as actual people, just a jumble of data. Maybe assign certain guys a "future coach" type logic or tag of some sort...I dunno. I guess I don't personally get why this has become the talking point of the franchise blog (I mean, there are, IMO, more pressing concerns, right?)...lol. Everyone has their thing though.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:53 PM   #71

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Are we seriously arguing over the players who become coaches in franchise mode. How is this even remotely crucial? I understand the concept of to each his own, but can you seriously be tripping about Deion being a coach?!?!
Why can't people discuss anything on this board without someone thinking that a person is "tripping" or "panties are in a bunch?" It's a message board for crying out loud.

It's not that serious. Geesh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 04:53 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfguy23
They didn't make this blog just for us here at OS. Josh was kind enough to ask for any questions, but he didn't have to do that. He could have just written a blog. Remember, this is a privilege to be a part of this community. EA doesn't need our input. They give us the opportunity to ask questions.

Perspective. This blog was not written JUST FOR US. People from outside of OS are allowed to read it. They (EA) give us the respect here at OS knowing that were hardcore gamers. But that doesn't entitle us to demand more answers for a blog. It's like they give you $20 bucks and you say it isn't good enough. You want $40.
That logic is incredibly flawed.

We have been asking for more info on franchise for awhile now. The only thing this blog really did was go into more detail about what they said they were going to fix in the first blog.

NOTHING new came out of this blog really. Some decent info, but nothing new.

Its not about them not telling us enough. In fact, I think they told us just about everything, and while chise should be improved. I think its pretty obvious its not as in depth as many hoped it would be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »