Home

therizing02's Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on therizing02's Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #81
Rookie

Butcher_of_Basra's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: therizing02's Madden Sliders

These sliders may finally be the solution to what is driving me nuts. I never get realistic linebacker tackling stats in a game. Even when I user my linebackers I rarely get 6 or 7 tackles per game when realistically speaking they should be around 8-12 (when possession time is roughly equal). This is a deal-breaker for me and it really kills me when my linebackers finish the season with like 60 or 70 tackles when they should be around 110.

I play 12 minute quarters (with the default 20 seconds accelerated clock) and usually get 120 snaps per game which is realistic but the tackles are ALWAYS spread out almost evenly between all my defenders. Lots of players with 3 tackles.

I think the main reason for this is the fact that whoever I'm playing is usually very reluctant to run the ball more than 20 times a game and when they do its not usually up the middle. I've set rush defence reaction time to zero to try and give the CPU running back time to get penetration but often my corner back or safety will beat my linebacker to the tackle. My tackling is at 25 and I think I'm going to bring it down to 15 like you're saying and I hope this makes a difference.

I've been playing around with sliders ever since release to try and get it just right to fix this problem (which is pretty much my only problem with the game) and I just cant get it right. Most of the time I'm stuffing the run in the backfield or I'm getting burnt for 15 yard rushes (the CPU rarely gets those short or medium carries for 3 or 4 yards)

I honestly hope this solves the problem for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 10:39 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 6

Rising could you please post all your settings including quarter length, penalties, subs, etc along with the main player and CPU skills

Thanks
Old 09-06-2011, 11:25 PM   #83
Rookie

Re: Tackle Slider is the key to all defensive reactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
So the ones I put above you at slow/45 ?? What about house rules? Or can u pretty much play freely without abusing the comp?
I've got 1 money play that I only use twice a game whether they're successful or not and 3 different slant plays I use once each game. But I am using Calvin Johnson who drops nothing. I also NEVER audible WR routes at the line but sometimes make my HB or FB stay in to block instead of leaking into the flat. Everything else I just let fly man.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:40 PM   #84
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcguire
Rising could you please post all your settings including quarter length, penalties, subs, etc along with the main player and CPU skills

Thanks

The most recent settings are on the first page. I haven't messed with the Sub settings and was hoping for feedback on that. As far quarter length, that's going to vary for everyone. I'm playing 10 minute quarters with no accelerated clock. The goal is to get between 120-130 plays per game excluding special teams plays. You'll need to figure what works best for you. Haven't touched penalties either.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:30 AM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 4

hey, these play pretty good so far. i was only able to squeeze in a half this morning, but i liked how challenging the passing game was. i really need to get rid of the ball quickly. the rushing game is realistic on both sides. the only frustrating thing is that it was really tough for me to get any kind of pass rush while the CPU was opening up the flood gates everytime i dropped back to pass. can't wait to play a couple of full games with these.

i played as the Cowboys at Bears, and i the Bears pretty much owned me the entire first half and took a 13-0 lead, but then i was able to make a couple big plays and go into halftime with a 14-13 lead.

one thing i may want to watch is that Jay Cutler through a couple of really bad lob balls out of bounds. it was a little concerning....but then again, it is Cutler we're talking about, lol!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 11:46 AM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 6

these are the best sliders I've seen

The running game is outstanding and the games are very realistic...Im finally going to start my franchise with............the Jacksonville Jaguars(wanted a bad team to rebuild)

Already traded Gabbert and a 2012 2nd Rounder for a 2013 2nd Rounder and ....drum roll.......home town boy Tim Tebow
Old 09-07-2011, 12:05 PM   #87
Rookie

Re: Tackle Slider is the key to all defensive reactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
So the ones I put above you at slow/45 ?? What about house rules? Or can u pretty much play freely without abusing the comp?
Allright Ched if your interested, I've been testing allnight and now I'm set: SLOW. Thresh 45. 12min qtr. 25 runoff. Injuries 20. Fatigue 65. Mkharsh33 Auto-Subs. End game stats are perfect, last game my MLB got 7 tackles to Patrick Willis 8 and got 3 sacks, 2 with my ROLB and 1 from my RE. Gorgeous.

USER/CPU

QBA 20/40
PBL 0/0
WRC 40/40

Broken Tackles 0/0
Run Blocking 0/25
Fumbles 50/50

Pass Reaction Time 0/0
INT 20/20
Pass Rush 50/50

Rush Reaction 0/15
Block Shedding 0/15
Tackling 15/15

I had to lower CPU rush D, as they(the niners)weren't giving me an inch. You must have a great ground game to have this at 50. Also shoutout to therizing02 for making madden 12 the best football game I've played to date.

Last edited by RumbleStud; 09-07-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:32 PM   #88
Rookie

I used those sliders right above and had a great game in my franchise! I am the Rams and I was playing the Seahawks, I like them because they are on Slow not Very Slow. Very Slow is... very slow haha. It may have better tackle animations, but it just is toooo slow to be realistic. The score was 27-10 me (I think this is a realistic score, you probably don't haha). Bradford was 17-31 241 yards, 1 TD Whitehurst was 17-28 203 yard 1 TD 1 INT and SJax was 127 yards 2 TDs on 27 carries and Lynch was 102 yards on 21 carries. That is 4.7 and 4.8 YPC. Very accurate numbers. Laurinatis led my team with 9 total tackles whereas Bigby led the Hawks with 11. Curry somehow sacked me 3 times though which is the only kind of crazy stat. I have been playing with mkharsh sliders and just have been getting torn up by the CPU's run game so I've been looking for other ones but based on this game, I think I might stick with these.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »