Home

therizing02's Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on therizing02's Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #49
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Tackle Slider is the key to all defensive reactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Toning down the hits is great, but I am really excited that it might slow down the pyschic DB's, and I might actually have the courage to throw and out or stop route to my outside recievers.
It helps a lot. The biggest issue that I had with the default settings was that some plays just won't work. Runs out of the shotgun formation, deep corner routes, and a few others. The settings will open up the game for you, but not to where it's an up and back shoot out situation.

With NCAA, keep in mind that momentum has a huge impact on game play. I've had periods in games where I couldn't get 2 yards a carry for an extended amount of time and the RB seems like he's running in quicksand. Later during the same game the same RB is gashing the defense.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:14 PM   #50
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylencochrane
i had the same problem i thought the best thing was too put the pass rush at 45 and my stars get through and the crummy guys get owned soo try that out
Here's why I change sliders:

*To make the animations look more realistic

*To get both USER and CPU to be able to establish a solid, realistic, and effective running game.

*To be able to call plays that are useless at the default settings.

*To force the USER to have to actually think about the play call and not sleepwalk through a game by calling the same plays over and over and expecting a different result based on a slider setting.

*To force the USER to have read the defense effectively and audible if necessary. If the defense has 9 in the box and you have a running play called and don't audible out and the run gets stuffed(as it normally would), is it fair to say the game is broken or the running game sucks? I've seen comments like, "I don't use audibles". Well, WTF? What NFL QB doesn't use audibles? If you're not using audibles are you a..."sim" player?

*To see the elite players of the league play to their elite status.
It's a problem when DeMarcus Ware can't get around a 62 rated LT. (Still working on this, but the Pass Rush slider works well and I'm almost there).

*To be able to play the game without having "house rules".
Old 09-03-2011, 01:28 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just played a game to remember. First time with the sliders and I'm already in love with them. Packers(me) won 27-24 on a game winning FG.

Rodgers: 65.7 25-46 322Yds, 1TD, 2INT
Brees: 124.5 19-32 321Yds, 3TD

Grant: 22ATT, 106Yds, 2TD
Rodgers: 5ATT, 54Yds
Ingram: 19ATT, 44Yds

GB = 3 Sacks (Mathews 2, Zombo 1)
NO = 5 Sacks (Many Players at 1.0)

135 Total Plays. I dominated time of possession (29:22 of 48)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 01:36 AM   #52
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

OVR: 5

Started a Franchise today with these sliders, sadly, I didnt get passed preseason. Not the sliders fault, but the injuries! Middle of week 4 and I've got well over 30 players on injured reserve and well over 50 players injured! It was nuts. I had injury slider set at 65, taken from authentic's slider set. i think I may go with 15 from a different set i read. Any suggestions here on what to throw up there?

BTW, I lowered my HUM and CPU pass rush down 10 points because I was getting anywhere from 6-8 sacks a game and the CPU was getting almost the same. One game tested with those sliders there was a total of 3 sacks recorded, so Im happy with that. My problem is pass defense now....Every QB is extremely close to, if not going over 400 yds passing. I dont control secondary, I dont like the delay of switching players and the fact that I do not know who I will magically control when i hit the player switch button, so I will normally control D-Line only.

Suggestion on lowering the pass yards by CPU? WR's drop a decent amount of balls, but WR's are always getting open as well. Maybe a strategy problem?
Old 09-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRT2006
Started a Franchise today with these sliders, sadly, I didnt get passed preseason. Not the sliders fault, but the injuries! Middle of week 4 and I've got well over 30 players on injured reserve and well over 50 players injured! It was nuts. I had injury slider set at 65, taken from authentic's slider set. i think I may go with 15 from a different set i read. Any suggestions here on what to throw up there?

BTW, I lowered my HUM and CPU pass rush down 10 points because I was getting anywhere from 6-8 sacks a game and the CPU was getting almost the same. One game tested with those sliders there was a total of 3 sacks recorded, so Im happy with that. My problem is pass defense now....Every QB is extremely close to, if not going over 400 yds passing. I dont control secondary, I dont like the delay of switching players and the fact that I do not know who I will magically control when i hit the player switch button, so I will normally control D-Line only.

Suggestion on lowering the pass yards by CPU? WR's drop a decent amount of balls, but WR's are always getting open as well. Maybe a strategy problem?

In the past many slider gurus felt that the int. slider also has a lot to do with tight pass coverage. Pass reaction really is more about the DL or LB's getting into coverage. Int's seemed to influence the coverage much better. One other thing. Check your DB's ratings for man vs zone coverage. If you've got great man defenders, guess what D's you should be using?
That said I found the cpu passing game on the demo to be ridiculous. he hit long passes all the time no matter how tight my coverage was.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 09-03-2011, 11:01 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 6

Hate to see these get lost in the shuffle. Best set i've used to date
Old 09-03-2011, 11:56 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 3

Agreed. Having some great games with these.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 12:05 AM   #56
Rookie

HakeemDaDream's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm looking forward to using these sliders when I have the time. Though I'm loving the game, the one thing that annoys me the most are the DB animations when covering a receiver on a long bomb. Instead of taking a defensive posture, they go into a catch animation without making any attempt on the ball. Have you had luck eliminating this with these sliders?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »