Home

therizing02's Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on therizing02's Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2011, 01:04 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Tackle Slider is the key to all defensive reactions

I've made the following changes...

QB ACC 20/40
WR catch 43/43
Run Block 0/5
Break tackle 15/15
Tackle 15/15
Pass Rush: 60/45

Small tweaks to my preference. Just started a little test franchise with Carolina. Won my first game in a defensive SLUGFEST. Kolb was 12/35, really couldn't hit anyone. I won the game 10-9. With :04 left I scrambled left with Newton and launched a prayer from 30 yds out to Lafell who managed to get two feet in the back of the endzone! What an opener!
Old 09-04-2011, 03:49 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 3

Using these sliders:

Very slow

QBA 20/30
PBL 0/0
WRC 40/40

Broken Tackles 0/0
Run Blocking 0/0
Fumbles40/40

Pass Reaction Time 0/0
INT 20/20
Pass Rush 55/50

Rush Reaction 0/0
Block Shedding 0/0
Tackling 15/15

Speed Threshold 50

Got the following results:

Patriots 24 (me)
Chiefs 6

Some random thoughts:
-I use Gameflow for all D and O plays. Only time I don't is random PA since PA in Madden is broken.
-Kicking is extremely hard on this. Fun, but how does that happen since I didn't adjust a kicking slider?
-Run stats are deceptive - I increased the RBLK slider to 4 in the 2nd half because I was getting 1-4 yard gains EVERY run with the slider at 0.
-I missed 2 FGs with Gostkowski since there was 18 mph winds and both were from ~45 out

Brady - 26/40, 206 yards (found defenders were much better at defending deep routes than my old sliders, but the rain/wind also played into my low YPC/YPA)
Cassel - 17/35, 179 yds, 3 INT

T Jones - 18 rush, 86 yards
D Woodhead - 9 rush, 145 yards (like I mentioned, deceptive - one run was a 92 yard TD)
B Green-Ellis - 7 rush, 42 yards
D Mccluster - 6 rush, 30 yards
J Battle - 3 rush, -1 yards

Welker - 7 rec, 69 yards
Gronkowski - 5/61
Edelman - 3/54
Urban - 6/43
Baldwin - 3/41
Moeaki - 2/31
Bowe - 3/26

Wilfork, Cunningham had 1 sack for me. Gilberry had 1 sack for CPU

All in all, promising sliders. Will be interested to see if CPU and I do better in passing game in normal weather, and hopefully I can find a happy medium for the run game.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:28 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 3

Played another game with RBLK increased to 4. Still found it crazy hard to run, so think may try it out at 5 for the next game (switched to 5 in the 4th quarter)

Patriots 31 (me)
Eagles 13

Brady - 29/47, 404 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT
Vick - 14/27, 178 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT

Vick - 9 rush, 79 yards
R Brown - 1 rush, 55 yards, 1 TD (don't ask)
Woodhead - 13 rush, 39 yards, 2 TD
Mccoy - 11 rush, 32 yards
B. Green-Ellis - 10 rush, 30 yards

Welker - 8 rec, 128 yards, 1 TD
Gronkowski - 7 rec, 114 yards
Maclin - 5/59
Ochocinco - 5/57/1 TD
D Jackson - 4/51
Avant - 2/44
Price - 3/44
Edelman - 2/34

Dowling, Spikes, Cunningham 1 sack each. I think 2 of them came on failed Vick scrambles.
Nate Allen 1 sack

Vick's deep accuracy sucked in this game. There was wind though.

All in all, fun game. Suspect I may keep these sliders with some minor tweaks.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:18 PM   #60
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Is front page most recent?
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 09-04-2011, 06:36 PM   #61
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Here's why I change sliders:

*To make the animations look more realistic

*To get both USER and CPU to be able to establish a solid, realistic, and effective running game.

*To be able to call plays that are useless at the default settings.

*To force the USER to have to actually think about the play call and not sleepwalk through a game by calling the same plays over and over and expecting a different result based on a slider setting.

*To force the USER to have read the defense effectively and audible if necessary. If the defense has 9 in the box and you have a running play called and don't audible out and the run gets stuffed(as it normally would), is it fair to say the game is broken or the running game sucks? I've seen comments like, "I don't use audibles". Well, WTF? What NFL QB doesn't use audibles? If you're not using audibles are you a..."sim" player?

*To see the elite players of the league play to their elite status.
It's a problem when DeMarcus Ware can't get around a 62 rated LT. (Still working on this, but the Pass Rush slider works well and I'm almost there).

*To be able to play the game without having "house rules".
Amen!! I don't audible bc when I do I End up shredding the CPU... Why? Bc the game is too easy! I like sliders that will make the game hard, so that I have to use all of mu football knowledge and player skills... I want to win or lose realistically and know that nothing cheap happened! It seems like you have the same goals. I left my ps3 at school for the Lon weekend bc I'm working all weekend but I can't wait to try these and help u with feedback.. But I would def ask along with other fans of these- could u post on front page the most updated so we can avoid confusion? Also- what u got for auto subs/pens?
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 07:33 PM   #62
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Thanks for the feedback guys. When I originally started this thread I intended for it to be a discussion on the Tackle slider and how the higher the setting the better the defense reacts to situations on the field.

The thread itself has blossomed into a custom slider thread which I'm cool with, but the first task when I got the Season pass version of Madden was to get the running game to play correctly. With that being said, there are still a number of things that need to be looked at. Specifically Pass Rush. I have yet to look at Sub sliders and/or Special Team sliders so I'd be open to suggestions for that.

It's going to be a while before I can get back into the game and start looking at that because I have yet to get the retail version. What I did notice though was the the Pass Rush slider is very effective and wouldn't take long to find the right mix.

These sliders are loosely based on SECElite's(props to him!) Heisman sliders for NCAA. I am currently using that exact set with the QBA at 10 for USER and CPU as opposed to 0 and 30 for WR Catch for both. Outstanding results.

The first page has the most recent slider set I used with the Season Pass version of Madden.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:08 PM   #63
Banned

Jdoug312's Arena

OVR: 13

Ok I played a game with these. 11 mins with 20 second run off, Ravens vs Steelers. I won 16-14 on a 56 yard field goal at the end (barely made it). Best game I've played so far. Using these exactly as posted, game speed fast. It was a great defensive game, Baltimore had a good running game, but the Steelers were terrible. I'll play some more games later to make sure this isn't always the case, but everything really truly did feel 100% realistic.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:11 PM   #64
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdoug312
Ok I played a game with these. 11 mins with 20 second run off, Ravens vs Steelers. I won 16-14 on a 56 yard field goal at the end (barely made it). Best game I've played so far. Using these exactly as posted, game speed fast. It was a great defensive game, Baltimore had a good running game, but the Steelers were terrible. I'll play some more games later to make sure this isn't always the case, but everything really truly did feel 100% realistic.

Nice, can u post the exact set? I think there's confusion what set ppl r using.. Thanks. Specials, pens, subs, injuries/fatigue, etc
UCONN HUSKIES Football

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »