Home

therizing02's Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on therizing02's Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2011, 11:14 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Tackle Slider is the key to all defensive reactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Thanks for the feedback guys. When I originally started this thread I intended for it to be a discussion on the Tackle slider and how the higher the setting the better the defense reacts to situations on the field.

The thread itself has blossomed into a custom slider thread which I'm cool with, but the first task when I got the Season pass version of Madden was to get the running game to play correctly. With that being said, there are still a number of things that need to be looked at. Specifically Pass Rush. I have yet to look at Sub sliders and/or Special Team sliders so I'd be open to suggestions for that.

It's going to be a while before I can get back into the game and start looking at that because I have yet to get the retail version. What I did notice though was the the Pass Rush slider is very effective and wouldn't take long to find the right mix.

These sliders are loosely based on SECElite's(props to him!) Heisman sliders for NCAA. I am currently using that exact set with the QBA at 10 for USER and CPU as opposed to 0 and 30 for WR Catch for both. Outstanding results.

The first page has the most recent slider set I used with the Season Pass version of Madden.

You should PM a Mod so you can get the title of your thread changed to your sliders..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 01:56 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

I always check this website for a set of sliders, but never post. I will give credit where it is due. These are the best sliders iv'e ever used playing Madden.

I won my first game of the season 30-10, but only won by so much because Eli Manning got hurt late in the 2nd after they were leading 10-3. Then the backup QB came in and threw 3 INT's and fumbled twice. He was really rattled by the 4th.

I didn't save any stats, but there was 119 plays ran..
Old 09-05-2011, 02:55 AM   #67
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

What I've noticed with the Tackle slider at 0 is that the CPU doesn't wrap tackle as much. I see more of players just thowing themselves at the ball carrier.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:22 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 1

Only problem so far personally is that I'm winning every game. They are some great games so far, and then there are blowouts. I've had three games which have been won on game-winning field goals, but I'm still 12-0 using these. Need to find a way to make the game harder without compromising statistics and realism.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:34 AM   #69
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
You should PM a Mod so you can get the title of your thread changed to your sliders..
Or create a separate thread for the full slider set. To me, there is more value is discussing the Tackle Slider as therizing intended.

I have a different slider set (I suck), but after reading this I did set Tackle to 0 (I hadn't touched this slider before...."tackling" seemed fine). From what I have seen, therizing is right, and this one slider has a bigger effect and it has made the game much more enjoyable for me. I probably would't have stumbled across this discovery if it was just another slider set thread.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:13 PM   #70
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Or create a separate thread for the full slider set. To me, there is more value is discussing the Tackle Slider as therizing intended.

I have a different slider set (I suck), but after reading this I did set Tackle to 0 (I hadn't touched this slider before...."tackling" seemed fine). From what I have seen, therizing is right, and this one slider has a bigger effect and it has made the game much more enjoyable for me. I probably would't have stumbled across this discovery if it was just another slider set thread.
I pm'd a mod to change the title of the thread. Stay tuned...
Old 09-05-2011, 01:10 PM   #71
Banned

Jdoug312's Arena

OVR: 13

Hey bro, again love the sliders. I just have one problem. How can I imporve cornerback play a little? Do I increase pass reaction or int? I'm playing against the Jets (using the Ravens) and Boldin is just giving Revis all sorts of problems at the moment.

Ideally I'd like for both user and cpu corners to play like themselves IRL. Good corners playing like good corners, scrubs playing like scrubs, etc.

--Note, I haven't played 5 games yet, but my last game was again Steelers using these sliders, and now the Jets. The steelers don't have great corners, so I assumed all was perfect. But Revis isn't exactly shutting down Boldin. I'll play against the Eagles next and see how that goes.

----
To one of the posters above, I'll post the other stuff I'm using after I finish this game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 11:08 PM   #72
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Just played a half with these jets against falcons, I'm jets... No running game for either team. NO SCORE... Idk if this is a fluke or what, unfortunately I have no more time to test tonight but there was no offense... I loved the tackling animations though and everything else seemed to play really well...
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »