Home

GJD23 & WTBB's Madden 25 All-Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on GJD23 & WTBB's Madden 25 All-Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #953
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: GJD23 & WTBB's Madden 25 All-Madden Sliders

3rd QTR over 31-28. Saints. we actually trade punts in the third but then white fumbles and gives them the ball in the red zone. D steps up huge and forces a FG. First play I hit Julio deep and he lays out for the catch. Later in red zone white makes up for his fumble by catching ball that defender should've picked off his hands and getting across the goalline. But Brees quickly puts an end to my excitement with a TD drive. Then I can't convert on 3rd and 1 and have to punt. Their ball to start 4th.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #954
MVP

GJD23's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
I call my own plays and play dl no switch. A lot of the routes that are wide open are deep and if not they just dump it off for what's usually an easy completion. Maybe it's that I'm using the FBG rerated rosters.
Yeah that most definitely could be it. We tried to make these sliders as ratings based as we could but we're using EA Madden rosters.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #955
MVP

GJD23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
3rd QTR over 31-28. Saints. we actually trade punts in the third but then white fumbles and gives them the ball in the red zone. D steps up huge and forces a FG. First play I hit Julio deep and he lays out for the catch. Later in red zone white makes up for his fumble by catching ball that defender should've picked off his hands and getting across the goalline. But Brees quickly puts an end to my excitement with a TD drive. Then I can't convert on 3rd and 1 and have to punt. Their ball to start 4th.

Win it !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #956
Rookie

MrDemus's Arena

So, the set in the OP is final? Or in other words: is it "safe" to start a CFM, confident that no major changes are coming?
Old 11-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #957
Rookie

Hey guys. I've been testing your sliders out since you were in charter's thread, and am impressed with the latest sets improvements. I actually lost a game to the CPU in my last game!

I thought I should chip in with my findings, especially on the latest set you've put up, which is by far the best yet.

Pros:

- Great WR/DB interaction.

The best example of this was on a play I ran from about 20 yards out from the end zone. I dropped back, and my 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th reads were all covered. It was 3rd down late in the game and I was down by alot, so I gambled that the DB wouldn't be able to stick with my WR when he broke into his comeback toward the sideline and lobbed a pass to his back shoulder.

The DB stayed with the receiver, but I threw the ball early and he didn't have time to check where the ball was, so it floated right over him into my receivers hands for the touchdown.

It was exactly the kind of play you see happen on Sundays every week, where a DB is in position but hasn't located the ball yet and the receiver makes the catch.

Now this doesn't mean that DBs are helpless, just that like in real life, sometimes the receiver has the advantage on the catch instead of the other way around as it usually is in this game. I threw 5 picks this game (lol!) so they're definitely still competitive.

- Competitiveness

I can't remember the last time I lost a game to the CPU. I played the pats and they were up 28-0 before I could blink. I ended up losing by 11, I can't remember what the final score was, I think 62-51 or something like that, and the only reason I was able to close the deficit was cause I injured Brady. Now normally a scoreline like that would scare me away, but I played absolutely terrible to start the game, missing tackles, turning the ball over, and once I was down 28-0, I basically had to abandon the run game and went to the hurry up for 2 and a half quarters, so the numbers were going to be inflated.

Cons:

- CPU QB Awareness

With your latest adjustments it is a little better - I had a free run at Brady with Clowney and he made a nifty move in the pocket and completed a pass after - but there are still 2-4 times a game where the QB should just throw the ball out of bounds - especially someone like Brady - but instead panics, tucks the ball and just sprints right into the nearest defender.

- Pass D

The one problem I'd say is that defenders aren't going for swats enough. Brady and Foles each threw for 6 touchdowns and about 600 yards combined, although Foles did throw 5 picks. That was with Mallet coming in for about a quarter and a half when Brady went down with a dislocated thumb. Mallett struggled against my defense however, so maybe just Brady + ****ty D = Getting Lit Up. Which is how things should be really.

i'm just about to start a Bills CFM, gonna move them up to Toronto. I'm having a firesale and simming the whole first season, but once I've done that I'll play 3-4 games the next season and post what my stats have been in the season to that point.

Thanks, and good work guys!
Old 11-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #958
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

What a 4th! They continue that drive and score a TD to go up 38-28. I put together an 8 play drive 80 yard drive for a TD thanks to two catches from Gonzo to start and two catches from Julio to finish. With 2 Jackson rushes, play action pass to FB and screen to Rodgers in between.

Saints go to the ground game (Thank you! Lol). Sproles catches me for a 7 yard draw. But then they throw a toss to Thomas that I sniff out with Moore for a loss of 3. On 3rd and 6 Bree's escapes the pocket but has no where to go on that side. Tries to throw across his body but it falls short. Punt! I return it 14 yards to my 38.

Then on first down I see sugar inside blitz look with single high safety. I'm in shotgun trips left. Julio in slot running a go and I know if I can make a good throw I should be able to take advantage. Like an idiot I don't hot route my RB to stay in to block so I can take my shot. Galette comes free off the edge, Julio gets free release and CB turns his back to me, Vacarro was manned up on RB and ran out to covet him. So maybe it was good I let him go into route. Vaccaro might have stayed deep. Anyway, I'm waiting for the right timing but this free rusher won't allow that so I just hit the button and barely get it off before I get smasheddd. The ball is a floater but this is Julio we are talking about! He runs under it while gaining a couple yards of separation. And burns Robinson for the final 20 yards! Up 42-38! But now stopping Brees.. Note my D has been yellow and are clearly on their last legs running around after these WRs.

Uh oh. 11 yard check down to Thomas as he cuts up against the zone. I rock him with Spoon and knock him out the game but no fumble. Incomplete pass. Bad play calling, Stills on Maybin in slot. Easy 14 yard out. Then 11 yards to givens on a quick slot curl as zone defenders backed up. Then Stills beats Alford from the slot on an in route. Moore puts a big hit on him but again no fumble who cares lol.

1st and 10 from my 26 with 2:35 to go in game. I call cover 2 and they run curl flats combo. Brees waits as everyone is covered up initially. But as he steps right, Meachum who has Samuel standing in front of him and Moore 10 yards behind him finally gives Brees a target. He turns and runs for open space between Safety and Pylon at the 10. Brees throws up the pass. Samuel turns and I'm thinking oh noooo but its a low trajectory pass and Samuel leaps up and snags it out of the air!!! Returned it out of bounds at the 25. I've never been more excited for an INT haha. Maybin dropped one earlier.

So 2 minute warning. They have 3 time outs and my first run was a dud so its 2nd and 11.. Just need to keep this clock moving and get a first down to take the win. Next run another no gain. 3rd and 11. I have to go with the screen because I can't just concede and punt and I don't want to risk throwing an incompletion. Rodgers catches it with blockers and barellyyyy gets to the line of the first before getting hit. Timeout 1:52. I run a FB dive since hes fresh and he powers forward for 6. Timeout 1:48. This time I run dual HBs out of a different formation and hand Snelling ball at FB stop. 4 yards. Out of timeouts so 3rd and 1 and clock ticks down to 1:06 before snap. I run the FB dive with the fake toss. Vilma steps left to go with Jacksons movement so I'm able to get the one yard! Victory formation!

Hands down the toughest but most fun game of Madden I've ever had. I still can barely believe we finally stopped Brees! Stats coming up!

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 11-25-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #959
Rookie

I know you guys say the sliders are final but I have a question that maybe your past extensive testing could help. Sine offsides and false start are both at 1, could I set them both to 50 and still get the same results but maybe a few more calls called per game?
Old 11-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #960
MVP

GJD23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDemus
So, the set in the OP is final? Or in other words: is it "safe" to start a CFM, confident that no major changes are coming?
Yep, those are absolutely 100% final. You can start your CFM with those settings, no changes will be coming in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesterj89
I know you guys say the sliders are final but I have a question that maybe your past extensive testing could help. Sine offsides and false start are both at 1, could I set them both to 50 and still get the same results but maybe a few more calls called per game?
Penalties will alter more than just calls per game. As weird as it sounds, altering penalty sliders actually effects overall gameplay too, so if you happen to make those changes you'll still get a challenging game but it might throw other aspects of gameplay off. We pretty much had to sacrifice penalties this year in order to get a better experience from the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »