Home

GJD23 & WTBB's Madden 25 All-Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on GJD23 & WTBB's Madden 25 All-Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-25-2013, 01:45 AM   #945
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: GJD23 & WTBB's Madden 25 All-Madden Sliders

Lol they've called holding on Sproles at least 4 times in first half. Poor sproles.

Oops my mistake. Messed up some of the settings but I'm going to put holding at 60 just to be safe lol. I think it has to do with these edited rosters I'm using.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 11-25-2013 at 02:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2013, 01:48 AM   #946
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Well I just played a game of Redskins (user) vs Raiders (CPU). Some things went really well and others were concerning. I'll post user and CPU stats

Passing

RG3 - 21-37 (56%) 302 YDS 3 TDs 1 INT

and the concerning bit

Terrelle Pryor - 13-15 (86%) 1 TD 0 INT

Rushing (maybe concerning although this could happen IRL)

Darren McFadden 25 Carries 186 YDS 2 TD
Pryor 4 CAR 22 YDS
Marcel Reece 1 CAR 6 YDS 1 TD
Rashard Jennings 2 CAR 22 YDS 1TD

Alfred Morris 21 CAR 65 YDS
RG3 10 CAR 74 YDS
Roy Helu 2 CAR 20 YDS

Any tips on stopping the CPU? I don't know if it was just this game or if it's a trend yet

I loved the tackle numbers. Perry Riley finished with 12 and Kevin Burnett got 9
Old 11-25-2013, 02:29 AM   #947
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

I played another game. Rushing YPC for the cpu are still a bit on the high end and their qb is absolutely unstoppable. Mine is too accurate as well. Any suggestions for how to change things?
Old 11-25-2013, 03:06 AM   #948
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

It comes down to play calling and matchups. If you give the CPU easy throws they will make them. Bree's is eating me up and everytime its because I had a LB or safety trying to cover Graham 1 on 1 with no pressure on Brees. Or I would blitz and pressure would be too slow or the hot route was an easy throw. My best D has come by just preventing big plays and stepping up in the red zone. Unfortunately I keep getting greedy. Had them held to 13 but I throw an INT with under 2 min in half trying to push downfield only down 3. Then I leave Graham 1 on 1 with my Sub S and he kills him with a corner route. TD. Bree's is 16/23 286 2TD vs my 14/24 150. Going to go strictly conservative in 2nd half and try to prevent any big plays.

I also manually cover graham with a LB or Safety and force Brees to go else where. Sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn't. I also switch and swat down passes. I've gotten to a couple. I just can't get consistent pressure except for in red zone when my players have less field to cover. I just don't have the personelle to cover all of their weapons man to man.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:07 AM   #949
MVP

GJD23's Arena

OVR: 0

Think it also might have to do with the fact you aren't used to the sliders somewhat ... and it depends what kind of player you control on defense. Personally I find if I control a DB I tend to give up massive plays or leave my guy a step or two open. I'm terrible in coverage, lol. Way I've seen it for a couple of years now is if I can control a DL and try and get pressure to the QB, he'll be rushed into throws and his completion % will take a hit because of it. Also it's a great feeling when you sack him on his ***!! Lol. With these sliders sacks are hard to come by too so it's a bonus!

BUT if you're already controlling a DL then I'm not too sure what to say. Are you using GameFlow or calling your own plays? Do you switch on defense? Switching isn't for everyone, I know it's definitely not for me lol
Old 11-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #950
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJD23
Think it also might have to do with the fact you aren't used to the sliders somewhat ... and it depends what kind of player you control on defense. Personally I find if I control a DB I tend to give up massive plays or leave my guy a step or two open. I'm terrible in coverage, lol. Way I've seen it for a couple of years now is if I can control a DL and try and get pressure to the QB, he'll be rushed into throws and his completion % will take a hit because of it. Also it's a great feeling when you sack him on his ***!! Lol. With these sliders sacks are hard to come by too so it's a bonus!

BUT if you're already controlling a DL then I'm not too sure what to say. Are you using GameFlow or calling your own plays? Do you switch on defense? Switching isn't for everyone, I know it's definitely not for me lol
Both good points. Just like in the NFL it comes down to 1)stopping the run 1)pressuring the QB. Bad defenses can't do either, average defenses can do one or the other, good defenses can do both. Great defense can stop the run with front 7 and pressure the QB with front four. So you have to call plays accordingly. Its a game of chess where you want to guess the offensives next move.

I'm just use to controlling non-dline but I still give up plays by misstepping and guessing the wrong routes but I also make some plays or force qb to make another read and hope pressure has time to get there. But it still comes down to if I called the right play then I have to execute.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:56 AM   #951
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Was too tired to finish that game last night so I just started fresh after breakfast.

21-21 at the half.

I went for it on 4th down twice in the first QTR because settling for FGs is just not an option against the Saints with my defense. Thankfully Jackson came to play and even with his bruised knee he's been pounding the rock. I had a three and out where i passed 3 times. Bad decision. Stopping Brees 3 downs in a row is a struggle to say the least. I've forced one punt thanks to a deep ball I swatted away and my dlineman batting a ball into the air. Moore still came back and caught it but we tackled him. Other than that Brees has been buying extra time moving around in the pocket and letting the plays extend is killing me. The coverage may be good initially but once the WR makes that 2nd adjustment with Brees its a wrap. and I just don't have the speed at LB and safety to stay with them. I'm leading TOP by 7 and that's my only hope at this point. Give him as few opportunities as I can while getting a TD every drive. I need to let my D rest up most importantly while keeping Brees on the sideline.

Brees 16-19 242 84% 3TD.
Ryan 15-22 174 68% 1TD

Jackson 13-104. TD. Broke a 42 yarder. I'm having to really play off my blockers and its worked on a handful of runs. They are keeping both safeties deep thanks to my passing attack.
Snelling 3-9 TD
Thomas 2-6
Sproles 2- -3

I've kept Graham relatively in check but that just means Brees hits someone else. Moore had 6 catches for 110. Colston 4-80. Graham 3-30. A TD for each of them. I've been riding Julio's talent 5-88

2nd half.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #952
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

I call my own plays and play dl no switch. A lot of the routes that are wide open are deep and if not they just dump it off for what's usually an easy completion. Maybe it's that I'm using the FBG rerated rosters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »