Home

GJD23 & WTBB's Madden 25 All-Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on GJD23 & WTBB's Madden 25 All-Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #961
Rookie

MrDemus's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: GJD23 & WTBB's Madden 25 All-Madden Sliders

Cheers GJD23. And thanks to both/all of you for the hard work.

Now to decide who to start with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #962
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJD23
Win it !!!
Won it!!!

ATL/NO

Total offense: 588/509
Rushing 149/90
passing 439/419
First downs 23/22
Turnovers 1/1
3rd down 6-12/3-8
4th down 2-2/0
Red zone 5TD/3TD 1FG
Penalties 0/0
Possession 31:59/28:01

Brees 30/42 435 71% 5TD 1INT 10.3 Long33
Ryan 28/36 395 77% 4TD NOINT! 10.9 Long62

Jackson 19-115 6.0 TD 21-1sth Long42
Smelling 5-15. FB 2-12. Rodgers 1-3. Jones reverse 1-3.

Sproles 10-56. Thomas 5-34.

Juliooooo 10-233 2TD 83YAC
Rodgers 5-56
White 4-32 TD
Gonzalez 4-42 TD
Douglas 3-28
Smelley FB 2-16
Smelling 1- -1

Stills 8-121 TD
Moore 6-110 TD
Colston 5-84 TD
Graham 3-30 TD
Sproles 3-30
Meachum 2-35 TD
Thomas 2-14
Givens 1-11

Spoon 9 tackles. Moore 6. Biermann, Trufant, Alford 4. Osi, Dent 3. 2 sacks total by Kroy.

Wooo!

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #963
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDemus
So, the set in the OP is final? Or in other words: is it "safe" to start a CFM, confident that no major changes are coming?
Yesssir.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #964
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Are completion percentages normally that high? I think I might nerf the passing game a bit for both sides
Old 11-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #965
MVP

GJD23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK_11
Thanks, and good work guys!
Glad you're enjoying the sliders man. There are a few things I need to point out from your post though that might clear some things up for you.

Quote:
- CPU QB Awareness
With your latest adjustments it is a little better - I had a free run at Brady with Clowney and he made a nifty move in the pocket and completed a pass after - but there are still 2-4 times a game where the QB should just throw the ball out of bounds - especially someone like Brady - but instead panics, tucks the ball and just sprints right into the nearest defender.
WTBB has played a whole bunch of games trying to mess with the IG slider and such to get the QB to not do that anymore. I hate seeing the CPU QB scramble to the right and literally wait to get sacked. But there's nothing we can do about it, it seems like it's an issue of Madden's programming rather than anything else. We've tried to lessen it as much as possible but it's just too difficult. If it's any consolation it was happening about 6-7 times a game and now that's been reduced to about 2-3. It's something we just have to live with, lol. It's Madden after all.

Quote:
- Pass D
The one problem I'd say is that defenders aren't going for swats enough. Brady and Foles each threw for 6 touchdowns and about 600 yards combined, although Foles did throw 5 picks. That was with Mallet coming in for about a quarter and a half when Brady went down with a dislocated thumb. Mallett struggled against my defense however, so maybe just Brady + ****ty D = Getting Lit Up. Which is how things should be really.

i'm just about to start a Bills CFM, gonna move them up to Toronto. I'm having a firesale and simming the whole first season, but once I've done that I'll play 3-4 games the next season and post what my stats have been in the season to that point.
I assume you're playing pre-season CFM with the Patriots? (Patriots v Eagles in preseason week 1).

If you're playing the pre-season I must stress that Madden once again has stuffed up something in their code and these pre-season games are inflated. I played about 6-7 games with Eagles v Patriots in week 1 of preseason and never got a realistic game using the sliders in the OP. I simulated to week 1 to see if regular season would change anything and the game went back to normal. Sliders in the OP worked a treat and everything was spot on. I posted about it earlier if you want to go back and check it out.

But yeah, pre-season games are all over the place. Just try and push through them as best you can (without losing your cool like I did, lol!) and you'll be fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #966
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Hey guys. I've been testing your sliders out since you were in charter's thread, and am impressed with the latest sets improvements. I actually lost a game to the CPU in my last game!

I thought I should chip in with my findings, especially on the latest set you've put up, which is by far the best yet.

Pros:

- Great WR/DB interaction.

The best example of this was on a play I ran from about 20 yards out from the end zone. I dropped back, and my 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th reads were all covered. It was 3rd down late in the game and I was down by alot, so I gambled that the DB wouldn't be able to stick with my WR when he broke into his comeback toward the sideline and lobbed a pass to his back shoulder.

The DB stayed with the receiver, but I threw the ball early and he didn't have time to check where the ball was, so it floated right over him into my receivers hands for the touchdown.

It was exactly the kind of play you see happen on Sundays every week, where a DB is in position but hasn't located the ball yet and the receiver makes the catch.

Now this doesn't mean that DBs are helpless, just that like in real life, sometimes the receiver has the advantage on the catch instead of the other way around as it usually is in this game. I threw 5 picks this game (lol!) so they're definitely still competitive.

- Competitiveness

I can't remember the last time I lost a game to the CPU. I played the pats and they were up 28-0 before I could blink. I ended up losing by 11, I can't remember what the final score was, I think 62-51 or something like that, and the only reason I was able to close the deficit was cause I injured Brady. Now normally a scoreline like that would scare me away, but I played absolutely terrible to start the game, missing tackles, turning the ball over, and once I was down 28-0, I basically had to abandon the run game and went to the hurry up for 2 and a half quarters, so the numbers were going to be inflated.

Cons:

- CPU QB Awareness

With your latest adjustments it is a little better - I had a free run at Brady with Clowney and he made a nifty move in the pocket and completed a pass after - but there are still 2-4 times a game where the QB should just throw the ball out of bounds - especially someone like Brady - but instead panics, tucks the ball and just sprints right into the nearest defender.

- Pass D

The one problem I'd say is that defenders aren't going for swats enough. Brady and Foles each threw for 6 touchdowns and about 600 yards combined, although Foles did throw 5 picks. That was with Mallet coming in for about a quarter and a half when Brady went down with a dislocated thumb. Mallett struggled against my defense however, so maybe just Brady + ****ty D = Getting Lit Up. Which is how things should be really.

i'm just about to start a Bills CFM, gonna move them up to Toronto. I'm having a firesale and simming the whole first season, but once I've done that I'll play 3-4 games the next season and post what my stats have been in the season to that point.

Thanks, and good work guys!
Sounds great man!! Yeah that CPU issue is the only issue I can't figure out how to fix. Everything else is so on point I just gave up. If you put IG at 100 they go full wetard and never throw it away at all. EA just screwed up that logic. I guess they didn't think there would actually be any defense in their game lol. Brees did throw some balls away though.

I'm glad you noticed that DB thing. That's a key to the passing game and taking advantage of mismatches and really highlights what great timing can do.

the elite QBs will play elite. You will notice a stark contrast between other QBs. They can see the whole field and make every throw and without and pressure on them they are realistically deadly imo. Especially against secondarys that don't have the talent to man up across the board. And when the Patriots spread out with their two TEs sets it creates even more mismatches because who has a LB and Safety than can cover TEs like Gronk out in space? Not many teams. But as you saw the defenders aren't useless they do the best of their ability and will attempt to make plays if they can. You may not be a switcher but it really helps if you switch and just hold LB to go for the swat if they are close. That's how I got a couple of key in completions on brees. Knocked the ball out of the WRs hands.

The competitiveness is the most important thing. Especially for me. I was in the same boat as you and GJD, losing to the CPU use to be a rare occasion. Hell, losing in the game at all didn't happen much. Now if I'm slipping they take advantage. But if I focus for 60 minutes offensively you see what I did to the Saints defense without throwing a pick. They maybe dropped one bad pass I made thankfully. But once you get a hang of how much you can lead each type of pass you will be able to keep the ball away from defenders.

Looking forward to seeing how your CFM goes. I've done the firesale sim first season before with the Jags. Its fun to build a team how youd like.

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 11-25-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #967
MVP

GJD23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
Are completion percentages normally that high? I think I might nerf the passing game a bit for both sides
In my last game of CFM, Pat White (Redskins backup QB) threw 15/28 (53.57%) so I'm not sure how a starting QB would go, I'm assuming better but if you play call to limit the best WR's/big plays you should see all QB's hitting around 50-55%. That's what I've been seeing anyway.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #968
MVP

GJD23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Won it!!!

ATL/NO

Total offense: 588/509
Rushing 149/90
passing 439/419
First downs 23/22
Turnovers 1/1
3rd down 6-12/3-8
4th down 2-2/0
Red zone 5TD/3TD 1FG
Penalties 0/0
Possession 31:59/28:01

Brees 30/42 435 71% 5TD 1INT 10.3 Long33
Ryan 28/36 395 77% 4TD NOINT! 10.9 Long62

Jackson 19-115 6.0 TD 21-1sth Long42
Smelling 5-15. FB 2-12. Rodgers 1-3. Jones reverse 1-3.

Sproles 10-56. Thomas 5-34.

Juliooooo 10-233 2TD 83YAC
Rodgers 5-56
White 4-32 TD
Gonzalez 4-42 TD
Douglas 3-28
Smelley FB 2-16
Smelling 1- -1

Stills 8-121 TD
Moore 6-110 TD
Colston 5-84 TD
Graham 3-30 TD
Sproles 3-30
Meachum 2-35 TD
Thomas 2-14
Givens 1-11

Spoon 9 tackles. Moore 6. Biermann, Trufant, Alford 4. Osi, Dent 3. 2 sacks total by Kroy.

Wooo!

Damn, that **** was a shootout! Lol, awesome. 1-0?? I'm going to fly through this pre-season today, can't wait to get past the glitched PS games and start W1!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »