Home

Ian Cummings Fairwell Tweet

This is a discussion on Ian Cummings Fairwell Tweet within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #33
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Ian Cummings Fairwell Tweet

Too bad, dude seemed really cool, interacted with the community (as much / long as possible) and seemed to really care about the "sim" player / franchise mode...

Oh well, I wish him luck!

Hopefully this moves AJ up the ladder over there...
Old 04-16-2011, 04:06 PM   #34
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
I've heard this tired rhetoric for 3 years now....IF the words of some complete strangers on message boards "drove him to the brink" as you suggest, then Ian was NEVER the right man for the job from the beginning.

I've been in charge of some large groups of people and had great amounts of responsibility in my working career. I've also had to listen to a TON of criticism and "flaming" from those that didn't agree with my way of doing things.
True, but I'm going to go out on a whim and assume that you haven't had your life/family threatened b/c of some maniac customer? Has the flaming included childish name-calling?

We all have expectations in our careers, things our employers and customers expect from us. But even if we are criticized, most of it is not to the extent to what he was enduring on Twitter & here.

If it was my decision, the next lead-guy should avoid making himself available in the spotlight. In so many ways, it's just too much to deal with on a personal level. Not to say that Ian was some sacrificial lamb lol, but I think the whole community interaction will be a lesson learned for EA. Sure, they'll still get us involved in some ways, and comment on the forums here and there. But the days of trying to level with the community are likely over -- as they should be.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:42 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 2

I'm hoping I don't get flamed here but I feel like this is a good thing. I haven't enjoyed Madden for years now and every year I would sit and listen to this guy in web videos and I really feel like he doesn't get it. I don't think anyone involved with the Madden franchise over the last 6-8 years really gets it. The game is trash.

I literally have given up on a the one franchise that, in the past, I would anticipate it's release with a level of excitement unmatched by any other game or franchise. Now don't I even buy it and the demo doesn't even get me excited enough to even rent it.

I'm hoping for a new direction for the game and the only way to get there is new leadership. I don't expect much from this years Madden but at least I hope for the future now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2011, 03:26 PM   #36
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
I'm hoping I don't get flamed here but I feel like this is a good thing. I haven't enjoyed Madden for years now and every year I would sit and listen to this guy in web videos and I really feel like he doesn't get it. I don't think anyone involved with the Madden franchise over the last 6-8 years really gets it. The game is trash.

I literally have given up on a the one franchise that, in the past, I would anticipate it's release with a level of excitement unmatched by any other game or franchise. Now don't I even buy it and the demo doesn't even get me excited enough to even rent it.

I'm hoping for a new direction for the game and the only way to get there is new leadership. I don't expect much from this years Madden but at least I hope for the future now.
You won't get flamed for your opinions.

I just don't know how anyone can hold on person to esteem or hold them accountable. It's just not one person, it's a collaborative effort from the top on down.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #37
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz

hate to burst your bubble, but the leadership hasn't changed...Phil Frazier is still the executive producer of the game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-17-2011, 06:33 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
I've heard this tired rhetoric for 3 years now....

He got enough money and perks to compensate any misery he CHOSE to accept when he took the job.
Yeah while I don't agree with the people taking cheap shots, there's still no reason to act as if society did the guy wrong.

If you don't want to get clowned on, then stay off message-boards and twitter or at the very least, be wary of what are getting yourself into. We all see the racist garbage posted on comment sections on every site and far worse.

It's some pretty lame folks out in this world. NO DOUBT..Still that's no reason to TAP-OUT
Old 04-17-2011, 06:36 PM   #39
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9

he got out while he could, my guess is he saw that madden would not be done in time and polished the game is going to have a'lot of bugs they already mentioned there was tons of bugs in it. implementing all the franchise stuff has messed it up and 3 year plans means to me we can not build what you want

to me i see EA Sports as the company that brought video gaming football to it's pinnacle height's and glory and also to it's knee's kind of like the fall of the roman empire. they do not know how to re envision a sport to a level that is accurate with todays viewers abroad both from a game play prospective and from a broadcast prospective and integrate it into a game that best simulates real football.

if they did a pole i would bet 90 percent of the people who buy the game get bored after the first week i know i have for the past 6 years i know what to expect every year there is nothing in that series that makes me go wow.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #40
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
hate to burst your bubble, but the leadership hasn't changed...Phil Frazier is still the executive producer of the game.
Yes, which is why I am hopeful they keep the same vision for the game. I'm glad Phil is still there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »