Home

Boston Red Sox - 2006

This is a discussion on Boston Red Sox - 2006 within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2006, 10:00 PM   #1457
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Sucky loss...but at least Pauley had a good start...might be a good sign...hopefully.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:18 PM   #1458
All Star

OVR: 25

How do you spell Seanez? G-O-A-T. That was pathetic. The sad thing is I told my buddy it was going to happen too, Seanez cannot be counted on to throw strikes so he should never be brought in in that situation. Wasted an otherwise excellent start by Pauley.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:23 PM   #1459
MVP

OVR: 15

You can't possibly blame Seanez for what happened.

Tito's slow hook is what cost the Sox that run and inevitably the game.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 06-06-2006, 10:26 PM   #1460
All Star

No way, Seanez should get most of the blame. A major league pitcher should be able to at least throw a strike in that situation, not walk in the go-ahead run. That is just inexcusable.

And btw, Nomar just homered off Pedro. I wish I could watch that game.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:37 PM   #1461
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

I can't blame Seanez for that loss. Coming out of the bullpen with the bases loaded is an impossible situation, not to mention they didn't score enough runs to win, which is what's being overlooked here. If you want to blame anyone, blame the offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2006, 10:37 PM   #1462
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
No way, Seanez should get most of the blame. A major league pitcher should be able to at least throw a strike in that situation, not walk in the go-ahead run. That is just inexcusable.

And btw, Nomar just homered off Pedro. I wish I could watch that game.
Seanez threw a strike. Two or more to be exact. He went to a full count on the HGH using prick and walked him on a low, inside breaking pitch.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 06-06-2006, 11:09 PM   #1463
All Star

Actually he threw one strike, the ump really helped him out on the 3-0 count.

No one's going to convince me that a major league pitcher shouldn't be expected to at least force the hitter to put the ball in play in that situation. Yes Francona should get some blame for waiting that long to put him in, but ultimately most of the blame falls on the players not getting the job done.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:33 PM   #1464
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
How do you spell Seanez? G-O-A-T. That was pathetic. The sad thing is I told my buddy it was going to happen too, Seanez cannot be counted on to throw strikes so he should never be brought in in that situation. Wasted an otherwise excellent start by Pauley.
WHAT? Would you rather he throw a fat one to Giambi in that scenario? Seanez was put in as tough a situation for a middle-reliever as he could be-- bases loaded, heart of the Yankee order, and a tie ball game. This is a situation where not having a healthy Timlin and Foulke REALLY HURT. You'd much rather bring in a guy with closer experience, but obviously there was no way Papelbon was coming in in the 7th.

The loss is horrible for many reasons, but not because of the Boston pitching staff for once. Pauley showed really good stuff and composure in only his second start, and Seanez didn't totally tank. Boston just left too many on and didn't take advantage of Wong early. And they had some bad luck, too. Trot's line-out to first that doubled up Manny right after Ortiz's homerun was proof of that. That was looking to be the big inning. Then there was Melky's catch.

Check the date, fellas. They don't call them the Evil Empire for nothing. We'll get em tomorrow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »