Home

Boston Red Sox - 2006

This is a discussion on Boston Red Sox - 2006 within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2006, 10:18 AM   #2521
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLCHILL
And please, sign Loretta for next year. Pretty please?
Can you explain why you want Loretta back so badly in 2007? I look at him and see a .300/.362/.386 hitter at 2B, which is largely replaceable production. I do not see him as a Bill Mueller, battling, fouling pitches off kind of hitter. He seems to be more of a hacker and doesn't see that many pitches (a hitting tenet of the organization).

Defensively, I like his smooth handwork once he gets to balls, but some have criticized him for his range going to his right. I personally haven't noticed that too much, but it's something to think about. He runs the bases adequately, I suppose, although he has no real speed to talk about. Overall, I see Loretta as a very bland, boring type of player who excels at doing only one thing very well: hitting singles.

Personally, I am ready to start the Dustin Pedroia era because he is ready for the show right now. I would not ****** the development of Pedroia by offering arbitration to a player who primarily gives you singles and adequate defense. I also doubt you will see Loretta offered arbitration in the off season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2006, 03:51 PM   #2522
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrushTWood
Can you explain why you want Loretta back so badly in 2007? I look at him and see a .300/.362/.386 hitter at 2B, which is largely replaceable production. I do not see him as a Bill Mueller, battling, fouling pitches off kind of hitter. He seems to be more of a hacker and doesn't see that many pitches (a hitting tenet of the organization).

Defensively, I like his smooth handwork once he gets to balls, but some have criticized him for his range going to his right. I personally haven't noticed that too much, but it's something to think about. He runs the bases adequately, I suppose, although he has no real speed to talk about. Overall, I see Loretta as a very bland, boring type of player who excels at doing only one thing very well: hitting singles.

Personally, I am ready to start the Dustin Pedroia era because he is ready for the show right now. I would not ****** the development of Pedroia by offering arbitration to a player who primarily gives you singles and adequate defense. I also doubt you will see Loretta offered arbitration in the off season.

Pedroia could play shortstop next year while Loretta plays secondbase. I'm in the group that would like to see Loretta return.

He's a consistent hitter, who plays pretty good defense. I don't know many secondbasemen that are hitting the market that you can sign to a deal that Loretta would probably agree to considering his age.

And it seems the wheels on the bus are falling off...

Francona, meanwhile, clearly seems to be getting frustrated with a club that literally seems to be falling apart. Manny Ramirez (knee) is out of the lineup again today after playing on Saturday night. The Sox also are without Wily Mo Pena (wrist) and Doug Mirabelli (ankle), explaining why bench coach Brad Mills posted a lineup card that looked like it was intended for a spring training game.

When asked if Ramirez could serve as the designated hitter, Francona bristled.
Quote:
“He said he couldn’t play. What the (expletive) do you want me to do?'’ snarled the manager. “If a guy says he can’t play, he can’t (expletive) play. …Go ask him. He said he can’t (expltive) play.'’
Tito's response to reporters asking him about Manny sitting out tonight.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 08-27-2006, 05:09 PM   #2523
All Star

OVR: 25

I think the Manager is a little pissed off with Manny right now. Maybe Manny is once again hoping to get dealt in the offseason.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:43 PM   #2524
All Star

OVR: 25

I officially declare it football season!!!

Seriously, I don't think I'm going to watch another Sox game this year because they suck and I don't have time.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:08 AM   #2525
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
I officially declare it football season!!!

Seriously, I don't think I'm going to watch another Sox game this year because they suck and I don't have time.
Cool. Fairweather fans rawk. How bout dem saaaaawwwxx~~!

I'll keep watching intermittently as I usually do. I'm interested to see if Ortiz can hit 50+ HR. I'm also interested in seeing how or if Dustin Pedroia progresses. Also Papelbon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2006, 01:02 PM   #2526
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

Im still watching, it's just harder since there on the west coast and play at 10:00.

Lester isn't pitching tonight because of a sore back. Gabbard is taking his spot.... I'll count it as an loss but I'll still put it on.

And does anyone know how Hansen has done in AAA?
Old 08-28-2006, 01:05 PM   #2527
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid
Im still watching, it's just harder since there on the west coast and play at 10:00.

Lester isn't pitching tonight because of a sore back. Gabbard is taking his spot.... I'll count it as an loss but I'll still put it on.

And does anyone know how Hansen has done in AAA?
Same here. I won't be watching them every day like I normally do but I'm still watching.

Hansen has pitched 2 innings, 0 runs and 4 hits in 1 minor league appearance:

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/a...pbp&pid=475022
Old 08-28-2006, 01:17 PM   #2528
All Star

RockyTop1's Arena

OVR: 21

worst record in the majors in August, nice job guys

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »