Home

The 2006 New York Yankees

This is a discussion on The 2006 New York Yankees within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2005, 08:57 AM   #1
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
The 2006 New York Yankees

Jistic started the early trend, so we'll refocus our attention on the upcoming year for the Yanks in here.

What do you guys think so far of our moves? Been a decent amount of minor changes and nothing too big, which I like. The centerfield situation remains the biggest concern still. It'll be interesting to see how we go about handling that.

An article on ESPN.com today says Boras is asking 7yr/$84 mil for Damon. We better not go anywhere near him at that price. I'm a little dissappointed we didn't get Pierre either.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2005, 12:26 AM   #2
Collab: xcellnoah@gmail

X*Cell's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: The 2006 New York Yankees

Considering it would only cost $2 Million for the Twins to buy-out this player's contract even though its worth $24 million for the next 2 years... the Yankees should keep a sharp-eye for this player:

He would make a valuable 2nd in the order hitter while Jeter continues to lead-off... this way we can move Matsui back to 5th/6th in the order to beef up the heart of the lineup. Torii Hunter will also add depth to our baserunning after New York traded away Tony Womack. With Matsui back in the middle of the order, that will also increase A-Rod's attempts to steal with more protection behind him.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:27 PM   #3
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37

I am actually quite happy with the offseason so far. They are making small, yet important moves. I am not really a Farnsworth fan, but considering what the market was it is a decent signing. I like the Villone trade. I just pray there is no Johnny Damon. His contract would be crazy. As the previous poster said Hunter could be out there this season or a FA next year. We could also dream about Andruw being a FA next year.

They still have the talent to contend without making real big moves. Why waste money on a weak FA class? Just some thoughts..
Old 12-21-2005, 04:40 PM   #4
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by favre4vr
I just pray there is no Johnny Damon. His contract would be crazy.
Well, I guess my prayers were not answered. But, after looking at his numbers and looking at the player, he fills a need for this year. Actually, I think the contract may be good for 2-3 years. It is that 4th year that may be a waste of money. His arms sucks, but the Yankees have won a few championships with a weak arm in CF. It will all come down to the starters anyway. At least they didn't go 5-7 years on him.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:54 PM   #5
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by favre4vr
Well, I guess my prayers were not answered. But, after looking at his numbers and looking at the player, he fills a need for this year. Actually, I think the contract may be good for 2-3 years. It is that 4th year that may be a waste of money. His arms sucks, but the Yankees have won a few championships with a weak arm in CF. It will all come down to the starters anyway. At least they didn't go 5-7 years on him.
As long as he can cover the ground in center and make some solid plays, I can deal with the crappy arm. Last year we had to hold our breath on anything hit into the gap.

As far as leading off, he can get on base all he wants but I am more concerned with the consistency of some of the batters that follow in the order.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2005, 10:03 AM   #6
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Yanks made it official today, signing Bernie to a 1 yr/$1.5 mil deal. Performance based incentives could have Bernie earning another $1.5 million.

It looks like Bernie will start no more than 20 games in CF in '06, he'll primarly be a DH and pinch hitter.

Old 01-02-2006, 07:32 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 10

I'm confident that Pavano, if he stays, will revert back to his CY Young caliber stuff/season(s). I hope he stays in BX.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:54 PM   #8
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI_Franchise
I'm confident that Pavano, if he stays, will revert back to his CY Young caliber stuff/season(s). I hope he stays in BX.

I think he will stay, no one is going to want his salary plus his new "risk of injury" problems. I'm pretty sure he'll be here for the duration of his contract. I'm looking forward to seeing how he'll do in his second year in the Bronx.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »