Home

Pregame suggestion to bench your catcher for calling a bad game?

This is a discussion on Pregame suggestion to bench your catcher for calling a bad game? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #17
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Pregame suggestion to bench your catcher for calling a bad game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
TEAM ERA - 4.36

Daniel Hudson - 8-3, 3.46 ERA, 1.36 WHIP
Jake Arrieta - 3-4, 3.87 ERA, 1.41 WHIP
Brian Matusz - 5-4, 5.05 ERA, 1.57 WHIP
Win Yen Chen - 8-3, 3.47 ERA, 1.27 WHIP
Bobby Bundy - 0-1, 6.75 ERA, 2.18 WHIP (only 3 starts, Britton and Tillman have been used here as well and both had an era over 6)

Tsuyoshi Wada - 2.87 ERA, 1.53 WHIP
Darren O'Day - 2.37 ERA, 1.32 WHIP
Jim Johnson - 3.07 ERA, 1.26 WHIP
Sergio Romo - 5.71 ERA, 1.73 WHIP
Matt Lindstrom - 2.76 ERA, 1.23 WHIP
Joba Chamberlain - 3.52 ERA, 1.14 WHIP
Jonathan Broxton - 5.09 ERA, 1.48 WHIP, 16 for 20 in Saves

Had Patton before I called O'Day up and he had an ERA over 7. So my pitching hasn't been great as you can see, I'm trying to remain patient and not trade the farm to improve it. I have Bauer in AAA I'm considering calling up but Bundy was good his last time out and he was dominating in AAA.
I never seen that note before the lineup. I am not sure "what is causing all of this". I play as the Braves my Team ERA is 3.36, but I dont have any or many WP or PB by McCann. But interesting enough. I will keep my eye for that one.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:31 AM   #18
Rookie

tytyboogie's Arena

OVR: 0

Ive been waiting for this for every yrs release....its such a big part of games...some catchers just cant plain handle a staff and call a game. so u see pitchers more and more with personal catchers..think bout how a bad catcher can bring down pitcher confidence atnd morale..this can be implemented too.i would love to at least have catchers have a attribute
Old 06-20-2012, 01:15 AM   #19
Pro

IK720's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytyboogie
Ive been waiting for this for every yrs release....its such a big part of games...some catchers just cant plain handle a staff and call a game. so u see pitchers more and more with personal catchers..think bout how a bad catcher can bring down pitcher confidence atnd morale..this can be implemented too.i would love to at least have catchers have a attribute
Very true. For example Chris Stewart always catches CC for the yankees. If there wasn't a good reason for this do you honestly think the yanks would give up that Martin's bat in the lineup? Obviously there is something behind it.. and catcher's should most definitely have a rating.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:21 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK720
Very true. For example Chris Stewart always catches CC for the yankees. If there wasn't a good reason for this do you honestly think the yanks would give up that Martin's bat in the lineup? Obviously there is something behind it.. and catcher's should most definitely have a rating.
Actually I would argue this as statistically it has been proven that catchers have zero effect on pitchers eras or w-l records or even k numbers. Those few pitchers that have demanded individual catchers usually are allowed to do such because they are studs and no one wants to step on the devas toes.
GM of the KC Royals in the OS Arbitration Thread
Old 06-20-2012, 10:40 AM   #21
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by HechticSooner
Actually I would argue this as statistically it has been proven that catchers have zero effect on pitchers eras or w-l records or even k numbers. Those few pitchers that have demanded individual catchers usually are allowed to do such because they are studs and no one wants to step on the devas toes.
AJ Burnett demanding Francisco Cervelli?

Burnett was no stud. LOL!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #22
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Ok, I got this notification for Russell Martin AGAIN last night. And every game lately I've been getting pounded.

I'm not saying there's a correlation, but I am saying Jesus Flores will be catching CC tonight.

Anybody care to join me in trying to figure out the cause for this notification?
Old 06-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #23
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
Ok, I got this notification for Russell Martin AGAIN last night. And every game lately I've been getting pounded.

I'm not saying there's a correlation, but I am saying Jesus Flores will be catching CC tonight.

Anybody care to join me in trying to figure out the cause for this notification?
How many past balls have you been getting?

Does anyone really care where I sent this from?
Old 06-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #24
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Where is the energy level at for the catcher when you receive this message? I know there are some messages that you get when a player is performing poorly or having a very uneven split, etc., but I've never received this notice about calling a game myself. I thought that sort of message is just to give a variation in how you should give him a rest (based on his energy level), but it's interesting if the game actually takes this into account.

Too bad I often pitch too well for the game to think I pitch poorly. :P

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »