Home

MLB 16 Ideas!

This is a discussion on MLB 16 Ideas! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 10:32 AM   #393
Banned

OVR: 27
Re: MLB 16 Ideas!

Home and road equipment choices in the player editor would be a great addition.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:21 PM   #394
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

OVR: 0

Editable managers and coaches.(I hate that newly hired mangers "Paul Molitor" don't make it into the game, and some of the managers look nothing like real manager ie: John Gibbons.

In season contract negotiations.

Editable MLB players. SCEA players are not all very accurate looking (beards and hair etc.) and I'd love to be able to edit them in where appropriate.

Last edited by Jeffrey Smith; 05-02-2015 at 05:23 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:51 PM   #395
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

May or may not have been mentioned, but:

1) More advanced statistics. WAR is probably the most used stat in baseball, or at least close, and it's not in the game.

2) The option to give a team money in a trade (perhaps in increments of a million dollars, to simplify it?).

3) The ability to make ratings a behind-the-scene kind of deal, so users can't see them. I'd love to play a franchise where performance and scouting reports are the only way to go about managing players.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2015, 08:22 PM   #396
Rookie

OVR: 3

- Need better 1 handed swing follow throughs. Would love to see different follow throughs for contact, normal and power swings.
- Gotta get rid of the scaling problems in the cut scenes. Player proportions are way off in the cut scenes.
- Really need a revamped home run animation. Stadium specific animations would help, but it feels some what lifeless after home runs. Maybe SOTS would cure this.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:40 PM   #397
Rookie

OVR: 3

Brawls/players suspended

Create a stadium/team

expansion team (like when tb and ari came into the league)
Old 05-02-2015, 11:44 PM   #398
Rookie

OVR: 5

1) Editable batting stances/pitching deliveries(think branched chains)
2) pitch F/X integration
3) enhanced fielding animations/interface in conjunction with user input(ex: changing decision for where to throw ball shouldn't require a full fake throw;cutoff throw after ball is in air; canned outfielder-wall animations; etc)
Old 05-03-2015, 10:01 AM   #399
Rookie

michaelhalljr's Arena

OVR: 0

1- create a stadium
2- relocation
3- retractable roofs
Old 05-03-2015, 04:29 PM   #400
Rookie

OVR: 1

1. INSIDE EDGE: This was really cool when 2k did this for their game a couple years ago. You could see what hitters were more likely to chase out of the zone when behind in the count, hitters that had issues with hard stuff in, hitters that take the first pitch, as well as having similar information on pitchers like hard stuff early in the count in and off speed stuff late and away. This could add another layer to the hitter/pitcher battle IMO.

2. STATS: A more in-depth player card would be fantastic for carryover stats in franchise mode and has been address repeatedly in this thread, but how about more team stats as well. For example, past seasons records, splits, and team stats. This was something that was added for past award winners, so it could possibly be on their radar.

3. My GM/Connected Career Mode: Combination of these two modes would bring something missing to a possibly stagnant piece of the game. I love roster management depth in Franchise, but it's missing that immersion factor. Let me choose between being a manager or GM in road to the show. Have me manage my way or build my way to the show. Have me sit down with players that I'm sending to the minors and talk to GM's I'm trading with. If I'm a manger let me talk to players that are struggling to try get them out of their funk or have a team meeting before the start of that series against my rival with playoff implications. A twitter feed or wrap-up show would be a great compliment to the radio show.

SCEA, I bought a playstation 3 and MLB the Show 09, because the lack of a playable baseball game on the XBOX. This is my 7th iteration of the Show and I couldn't have made a better decision. MLB the Show is basically the only game I play anymore and each year I'm amazed with effort you guys put forth. The fact that you are asking us for our wish-lists shows how much you care about the consumers. Thank you!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »