Home

BA/Hits drop off cliff simming 8+ seasons into Franchise

This is a discussion on BA/Hits drop off cliff simming 8+ seasons into Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-29-2015, 09:26 AM   #145
Rookie

bobloblah1980's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: BA/Hits drop off cliff simming 8+ seasons into Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by plak89
Has anybody come up with a good solution for this problem yet? Kinda waiting on this to start my franchise..

There is no "solution" per say.Just a bunch of people throwing ideas out there to see what sticks and what doesn't. Based on my experience so far you will never be able to completely "fix" the problem as it is inherently programmed into the game you can limit it somewhat with the different work arounds on here depending on how much time you want to put into it.. hope that helps
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2015, 11:46 AM   #146
Just started!

OVR: 0

This has been known... or at least I also noticed it at the community week event and left a note about it. It used to be the offense getting inflated, but it's the other way now.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:31 PM   #147
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloblah1980
There is no "solution" per say.Just a bunch of people throwing ideas out there to see what sticks and what doesn't. Based on my experience so far you will never be able to completely "fix" the problem as it is inherently programmed into the game you can limit it somewhat with the different work arounds on here depending on how much time you want to put into it.. hope that helps
So what's the workaround?
Old 06-29-2015, 05:50 PM   #148
Pro

OVR: 10

This all sounds interesting. But why sim this game ahead 8 plus years. If I was going to sim…I would invest in OOTP for that type of game. I play every game, every inning and I am into season #2 and have not seen the type of problems. The things I see are 90 rated players not living up to the hype, having bad years….just like in real life. Fraizer for my Reds is a prime example. Rated 84….but batting .204, 10 hrs, 39 RBI's and has lost his job to a 73 rated player. As far Fraizers potential….I can't play him because of his stats no matter what he rates at.

Not saying simming ahead is not an interesting way to play….but seems u lose a lot of day to day things that happen in baseball.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:47 PM   #149
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplepower_NC
This all sounds interesting. But why sim this game ahead 8 plus years. If I was going to sim…I would invest in OOTP for that type of game. I play every game, every inning and I am into season #2 and have not seen the type of problems. The things I see are 90 rated players not living up to the hype, having bad years….just like in real life. Fraizer for my Reds is a prime example. Rated 84….but batting .204, 10 hrs, 39 RBI's and has lost his job to a 73 rated player. As far Fraizers potential….I can't play him because of his stats no matter what he rates at.

Not saying simming ahead is not an interesting way to play….but seems u lose a lot of day to day things that happen in baseball.
I'm leaning towards doing it this way myself. Just seems like too many headaches trying to edit incoming players. My only trepidation is that I will probably only make it through one season, so idk if franchise mode is the way to go for me.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:18 PM   #150
Atlanta Black Sox

xNobleEaglex's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

I play 162 each season myself, but we could still run into this issue down the road in franchise, especially if we use carry-over saves in the next iteration of the Show.

Some people choose to do more simming because if you play everyday you lose a lot of the GM aspects of the game. Did your top prospects turn into stars? Did you lock up young players to team friendly contracts? Can you rebuild a franchise that hasn't won in a while or has aging veterans with bigger contracts? You get those things from OOTP, sure, but in OOTP you can't jump into the gameplay we get with the Show to play with those big prospects that turned into superstars or big free agents we signed a few years down the road. So, even tho I play 162, I can see where simmers are coming from.

PSN: xNobleEaglex
Old 06-30-2015, 02:41 PM   #151
Rookie

Fours's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

I agree 100%, why doesn't everyone just play the way I do, and stop expecting the modes I don't use to work properly.

It drives me crazy that they've spent so much time tuning DD online games. I just collect cards and never play games and if everyone just did that then we wouldn't have to worry about drag bunts, stolen bases, and de-sync's.

Please check with me personally before posting about flaws in game modes, and I'll tell you how to enjoy the game like I do, or which game you should have purchased instead.

Ridiculous sarcasm aside, why does every constructive, intelligent thread that tries to provide information that would help the development of the game have to be sprinkled with the "Don't ask them to fix this, just play differently so they can leave it broken" posts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2015, 04:49 PM   #152
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fours
I agree 100%, why doesn't everyone just play the way I do, and stop expecting the modes I don't use to work properly.

It drives me crazy that they've spent so much time tuning DD online games. I just collect cards and never play games and if everyone just did that then we wouldn't have to worry about drag bunts, stolen bases, and de-sync's.

Please check with me personally before posting about flaws in game modes, and I'll tell you how to enjoy the game like I do, or which game you should have purchased instead.

Ridiculous sarcasm aside, why does every constructive, intelligent thread that tries to provide information that would help the development of the game have to be sprinkled with the "Don't ask them to fix this, just play differently so they can leave it broken" posts.
Sorry to have come off as you have noted, that is not how i meant for it to been taken. I completely understand the simmers point of view. And believe me I have done my share of roster edits in my life. Again, I have no problem with how someone wants to enjoy the game…and helping to make the game better, it helps all of us in the long run.

My point was if you sim ahead that far possible things could be happening that you are not aware of. For instance the training in the game. I notice that a players ability was dropping in an area and switched to training that area and he improved. The AI doesn't do a very good job with this, training for speed when he is power guy. This is just one area that might be missed.

Again, it was not meant to "play it my way" type of post, again sorry if anyone took it that way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »