Home

BA/Hits drop off cliff simming 8+ seasons into Franchise

This is a discussion on BA/Hits drop off cliff simming 8+ seasons into Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-12-2015, 09:45 AM   #65
Rookie

bobloblah1980's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: BA/Hits drop off cliff simming 8+ seasons into Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by sljivo
Nah, I tried that already. If you don't touch the C potentials, it'll come back to haunt you. A lot of the C's become B's, some even A's after a few years in the minors. That's how my franchise got flooded with B's and A's.

At first I only edited B's and A's but still noticed there were too many C's improving their potentials.

You have to edit ALL of the pitching prospects that are drafted. Maybe you can leave those D's alone, but as far as C's go, I always make sure to drop them to like a 68 potential.

I read an analysis online about the rate at which 1st round draft choices make it to the show. About half of them make it to the majors at some point in their careers. As soon as you get out of the first round, your chances at playing in the majors dramatically drop. This conclusion was drawn from analyzing the 2007 through 2012 drafts so it is a modern day study.

So, let's say 25 SP's are taken, I think only 7 should be good enough to where they MIGHT progress to be MLB worthy. The other guys should become career minor leaguers or local car salesmen. D's across the board.

The fear is that if we leave too many pitchers as C's, they might get the potential boost to B and become talented enough for an MLB rotation.

I don't even know anymore, guys. I'm just spitballing. It's pathetic the gaming community has to come up with ideas to improve the simulation because the developers are too lazy to simulate franchise mode and test out the progression.
Damn . I haven't really touched C's other than the velo and change up stuff, guess I will be making those adjustments as I go along too..

Off Topic a bit but have you guys noticed al the 1B's with crazy high spd and steal rates too?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2015, 10:51 AM   #66
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8

I can't remember, is the C range 60-79 and D range in the 50's? If this is the case then I won't mind dropping C's by 10. I was just worried about dropping them down to D's and forcing early retirement..
Old 05-12-2015, 02:29 PM   #67
Rookie

I'm in yr 3 so it is still to early to tell long term effects, but I am still undecided upon which approach works best; straight -'x' to all SP/CP or a staggered approach based on round drafted.

Since I take pictures of each draft round summary with my smart phone I can always go back and make adjustments I guess, as the franchise progresses.

One alarming stat is that a number of the initial minor league SP's have 99 potentials! So I went through all teams and lowered the potential of any pitchers 24 or younger.

For the first draft I did -10 for SP/RP/CP. But I agree with many in this thread that the RP progression seems better than SP/CP. So the second draft I did SP/CP based on round drafted; -10 for 1st, -12 2nd and so on.

Wondering if a straight -20 might make more sense though, based on the 'C' potential's bumping up to B or even A over time??
Old 05-12-2015, 02:46 PM   #68
Banned

Sloppydog14's Arena

OVR: 0

I didn't touch any of the original pitchers in the minors but thinking that may need to happen. I like the idea of a staggered drop and plan on doing that to mine unless someone here tells me it won't work lol
Old 05-12-2015, 03:58 PM   #69
Rookie

bobloblah1980's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppydog14
I didn't touch any of the original pitchers in the minors but thinking that may need to happen. I like the idea of a staggered drop and plan on doing that to mine unless someone here tells me it won't work lol
Seem to be the way too go. Only question is how much to stagger them so as to not get too many retirees or too many C's.. I was thinking starting at 10 and going in increments of 3. thoughts? plans?
Old 05-12-2015, 04:51 PM   #70
Rookie

I honestly don't know about the staggered drop. If you take off, let's say, 10 points for the first rounder, and 20 points for the 4th rounder you're gonna end up with 1st rounder with 85 potential and 4th rounders with around a 50 potential because they start off with a 70 potential.

Maybe a straight up 12-15 points off across the board might do the trick. The so called blue chipper will drop to about an 80 potential, and the C level talent will drop to somewhere in the 60's. In time, players will rise and fall, and out of that particular draft, you'll maybe get 5 pitchers which will stick around the majors for years, with the rest becoming career minor leaguers.

Another question I have that I would love my colleagues to answer: If an B potential player progresses to an A potential, how many total potential points does he get?

For example, I had an 84 pot prospect and he became an A. I checked his pot and he was now a 92. So this particular player received an 8 point increase.

Is this similar for all players or do some guys jump from 81 (a B) to 97 (an A), because that would be an absurd 16 point increase.

Oh yeah, and one more thing, i checked the stock rosters and it seems that I saw waaay more C's and D's than anything else, so if you guys are worried about having too many C's, keep in mind a C pitcher is a minor league Ace or a fringe MLB starter.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:14 PM   #71
Banned

Sloppydog14's Arena

Man we all have a lot of questions surely someone has the answers out there
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2015, 08:22 PM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakersville123
I have created Bug ID 13645 for this.

Feel free to vote for it if you feel as I do that this should be corrected/tuned in a patch.
Just a reminder that I previously opened a bug for this. Please vote for it to help raise awareness about this issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »