Home

Worst MyTeam ever

This is a discussion on Worst MyTeam ever within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2017, 11:28 AM   #49
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Worst MyTeam ever

The OBVIOUS foul solution was to just set foul out to 4 instead of 6. The games are only 20 minutes long, so why should foul out be 6? It's never made any sense. Fouls to penalty should be shorter too.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:22 PM   #50
Pro

Bi00's Arena

OVR: 0

I played one game today trying to get my opponent fouled out, he had 10 team fouls and was still in the game. I lost by a large margin but I was happy that maybe they changed the foul rules. Next game, I'm up by 15 in the 4th and I get fouled out on my 8th team foul.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:42 PM   #51
MVP

Someone was telling me that not just personal fouls count. Backcourt violations and violations of the 5-second rule will count too. I wonder if maybe 3-in-the-key may also count.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2017, 10:59 PM   #52
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

Went 9-1, got to PD and stopped. Gonna get the Pippen and the season reward.

I also kinda figured out how to deal with people ramming the ball into the paint.

You first need a good defender (I use Kawhi/Artest) on the main ball handler (Penny/Pete Maravich, Rex Chapman usually) then alternate between moving your defender in position on ball to not leave a wide open lane, and switching to an off ball player as soon as the player starts to drive. I find that only the Cpu is capable of stopping automatic blow bys most of the time (and can actually push the offensive player away from the basket), and the extra help defender you bring can help stop the contact dunks that Penny is able to do over 2 people.

The next step in improving the game would be to increase the difficulty to superstar. Penny is still unstoppable in the game, and god knows as soon as Lebron or Amy Vince, T Mac or any of those great end game cards come out, the contact dunk spam will be game breaking.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:43 PM   #53
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
I also kinda figured out how to deal with people ramming the ball into the paint.
I was getting killed in a game with blowbys. I expected height to play a big defensive part like last year but players with low defensive ratings are terrible against drives. I was barely containing short players with someone like Ben Simmons.

So now, I've sized up my lineup for my last couple of games. Removing Ray Allen and adding Towns. Now I will be able to play Wes and Kersey at the 3 and use them as my PG stopper.

Edit: Also, doesn't anyone know the ingame shortcut for changing matchups on PS4? It was down on the dpad last year but I can't find it this year.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:18 PM   #54
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
I was getting killed in a game with blowbys. I expected height to play a big defensive part like last year but players with low defensive ratings are terrible against drives. I was barely containing short players with someone like Ben Simmons.
I didn't feel like height was a big factor except contests and blocks. Not containment.

But Simmons has the Strength and Weight to contain drives if he has right angle. Decent but not good mobility for perimeter D...but if you have the angle, then it should come down to physicality.

If not, then what? Perhaps On Ball DIQ will dictate odds of blowby vs. blocked?
Old 10-19-2017, 06:08 AM   #55
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

This seems to be the thread to post why this game mode is not holding up to our high standards.

I have become tired of the stale play, so I've decided to try and complete some team schedules. When you get to game 7 of the 76ers you may notice something oddly familiar. Does anyone else remember being down 8 at the start of the 2nd half to the Miami Heat? You remember...week 2 challenges/ challenge 4. Heat playing out of their minds.

Any of that ring a bell? I see you being lazy 2K. Since I've seen this I'm disappointed to say, I won't be surprised when I see it in other schedules and weekly challenges. Very disappointing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2017, 11:34 AM   #56
Pro

roboas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
This seems to be the thread to post why this game mode is not holding up to our high standards.

I have become tired of the stale play, so I've decided to try and complete some team schedules. When you get to game 7 of the 76ers you may notice something oddly familiar. Does anyone else remember being down 8 at the start of the 2nd half to the Miami Heat? You remember...week 2 challenges/ challenge 4. Heat playing out of their minds.

Any of that ring a bell? I see you being lazy 2K. Since I've seen this I'm disappointed to say, I won't be surprised when I see it in other schedules and weekly challenges. Very disappointing.
Exactly. It goes from zero to prison rape real quick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »