Home

NBA2K17 Ratings/Tendency Explanation

This is a discussion on NBA2K17 Ratings/Tendency Explanation within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2016, 10:50 AM   #25
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NBA2K17 Ratings/Tendency Explanation

Quote:
Originally Posted by psydefx
^no doubt

what's your take on the run plays slider? does a higher rating force the cpu team to run more plays, or does it make it so a higher rating would force the cpu not to deviate from the play art? i've heard both in the past, and i've also heard that thw slider was entirely broken and/or backwards at some point.

also, do you know of any way to get the cpu team to run their freelance offense 99% of the time so no playbook plays are called? i thought that maybe adjusting the team's run plays slider to zero would do it, but they run plays anyway.

my bad on all of the questions, but i've been messing around with a custom roster lately trying to get a realistic experience from the cpu.
I don't think there's a way to make the CPU run freelance 99 percent of the time.

You can increase the liklehood that they will enter freelance by dropping the run plays slider. That does work. However, I think of freelance as a means of running plays still, albeit quicker plays/less structured ones. Running plays is such a big part of the AI and game code still. Freelance does attempt to replicate that dynamic, read-react nature of the NBA, but still. It's still just plays being run.

My take on the run plays slider is the higher it is, the more quickly a team will begin running a set play.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2016, 12:21 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0

thanks man. i'll leave u alone now :P
Old 11-05-2016, 01:19 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

Would appreciate it if someone can answer a cpl more questions.

1. Does ACE for cpu turnoff if you turn off your own ACE options in coaching settings? and whats the truth of ACE only activating for cpu in HOF base sliders? (sorry a bit off topic of ratings/tendencies)

2. I always believed offensive/def consistency to be how easy you get into a hot streak. does it change anything else? like overall consistency?

3. For Sliders, Is Help defense strength the same as help D IQ in player attributes (which i feel means, the likelihood of helping when need be)? or is it how strong the defense is IF the help defender comes?

Last edited by lebromelo; 11-05-2016 at 01:56 AM.
Old 11-05-2016, 02:48 AM   #28
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebromelo
Would appreciate it if someone can answer a cpl more questions.

1. Does ACE for cpu turnoff if you turn off your own ACE options in coaching settings? and whats the truth of ACE only activating for cpu in HOF base sliders? (sorry a bit off topic of ratings/tendencies)

2. I always believed offensive/def consistency to be how easy you get into a hot streak. does it change anything else? like overall consistency?

3. For Sliders, Is Help defense strength the same as help D IQ in player attributes (which i feel means, the likelihood of helping when need be)? or is it how strong the defense is IF the help defender comes?
1. I don't think it's true that ACE only activates for the CPU on HOF. I'm also fairly certain that turning off ACE in settings only affects the user.

2. How quickly/likely players will enter hot streaks. I also think it affects overall ability and consistency.

3. How quickly defenders will help

Old 11-05-2016, 05:59 PM   #29
MVP

Has anyone figured out what Intangibles does? I haven't been keeping up.

Also, does anyone know what determines where a player spots up during gameplay, outside of set play situations? I hate to see Shaun Livingston spotted up at the three-point line, just because he's a guard, when I play against the Warriors.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:13 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
Has anyone figured out what Intangibles does? I haven't been keeping up.

Also, does anyone know what determines where a player spots up during gameplay, outside of set play situations? I hate to see Shaun Livingston spotted up at the three-point line, just because he's a guard, when I play against the Warriors.
Intangibles is an overall modiffier, an attribute that affects overall rating ... think of it like the place that can concentrate subjectivity. It has little to no say on sim stats and gameplay.

Set plays designs and freelance designs now govern players position more so than spot ups, these are the most significant as of default.
Old 11-05-2016, 07:38 PM   #31
MVP

Is there any sort of freelance set that involves one of the guards spotting up inside the three-point line? I know a lot of set plays for teams from the 60s and 70s have that, I assume since there was no three-point line, so players didn't spot up from that far away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2016, 09:33 PM   #32
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
Is there any sort of freelance set that involves one of the guards spotting up inside the three-point line? I know a lot of set plays for teams from the 60s and 70s have that, I assume since there was no three-point line, so players didn't spot up from that far away.
Not sure about a particular freelance set, but maybe setting Livingston's primary play to mid range would decrease the likelehood that he would spot up behind the 3pt line.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »