Home

The "Shot Defense Strength" Sliders Explained

This is a discussion on The "Shot Defense Strength" Sliders Explained within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2019, 01:15 AM   #81
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: The "Shot Defense Strength" Sliders Explained

Does anyone know how the Shot Defense sliders affect help defense as of 2K19, if at all?

I just did a quick test game on HoF, Lakers (me) vs Jazz. I ran freelance P&Rs with McGee spotted up from three.

Gobert refused to help off of him, so obviously that's not good. I don't want to be able to neutralize an elite rim protector by spotting up Javale McGee from the three-point line.

I tried this test with different off-ball pressure settings for the Jazz (by switching sides and then going back to the Lakers), coach Help Defense sliders, and Help Defense Strength sliders, but it was the same every time.

Do the Layup/Jumper strength sliders affect the how much the AI helps off the ball? Am I missing something? I never remember the AI being this passive against non-shooters spotted up outside their range.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2019, 10:48 PM   #82
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

I assume the sliders still work, as eccentric describe a few yrs ago. So I thought I would bump this thread up to the 1st page just in case anyone needs a explanation.

Ive been trying to fix the no existent shooting fouls on 3pt attempts, and unfortunately thats 1 thing, that I dont think were going to be able to fix with any slider settings, nor am I sure it can be fixed with roster edits either. Since its been a issue for a few yrs now, I think its something under the hood that the devs need to fix, but for whatever reason, they havent, and they clearly know its a major issue, so who knows why they wont fix it.

But this thread eccentric made a few yrs back, helped me and Im sure many others, in understanding just what some of these sliders do, so I thought I would bump it, to get it back on the 1st page.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 11-13-2019, 01:56 AM   #83
Rookie

Actually the only thing you need to know in reference of the shot defense sliders is this video right here:

confirmed by 2K.....they actually made changes to the default sliders based off of this video.

Old 11-13-2019, 03:31 AM   #84
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger Jack
Actually the only thing you need to know in reference of the shot defense sliders is this video right here:

confirmed by 2K.....they actually made changes to the default sliders based off of this video.

If you think that’s all you need to know about these sliders, then you don’t understand the sliders (and didn’t read the OP). Shady and I pointed out that these sliders were “reversed” (i.e. the User sliders control the CPU defense and vice versa) years ago. When I last updated this thread that was still the case.

I haven’t played 2K19 or 2K20 since then, though, so I can’t verify that they did indeed “fix” this issue yet, but I’ll look into it soon.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:34 AM   #85
Rookie

garypayton's Arena

are these sliders on steam? user or name of the sliders? thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2019, 07:59 PM   #86
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by garypayton
are these sliders on steam? user or name of the sliders? thanks
These are not slides but an explanation of how the shot defense sliders work. It's not a suggestion on specific values but giving context to help you decide what slider values you want to try/use.
Old 11-14-2019, 08:03 AM   #87
Rookie

gu8lal8's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
If you think that’s all you need to know about these sliders, then you don’t understand the sliders (and didn’t read the OP). Shady and I pointed out that these sliders were “reversed” (i.e. the User sliders control the CPU defense and vice versa) years ago. When I last updated this thread that was still the case.

I haven’t played 2K19 or 2K20 since then, though, so I can’t verify that they did indeed “fix” this issue yet, but I’ll look into it soon.
2 questions,

We're playing user vs user offline, if these sliders are still reversed and we want to lower defensive strength for user, we would need to lower the defensive strength sliders for the cpu, is that what you're saying?

Do the cpu defensive strength sliders affect our AI cpu teammates?

Last edited by gu8lal8; 11-14-2019 at 08:05 AM.
Old 11-24-2019, 10:39 AM   #88
Pro

gabri3l3's Arena

OVR: 6

Do you think tweaking these sliders (especially layup release) could result in more fouls as there will be more context based contact animations? Im dying to find a way to have more Fts in games beside raising the shooting foul slider that barely works

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »