Home

NBA 2K20 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2019, 09:24 PM   #33
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K20 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Still not able to get Blocking/Charging fouls no matter what I do. Might just be a limitation with the game that can't be bypassed with sliders. I'll keep trying here and there, but nothing seems to work.

I think I've perfected the movement sliders though. Game Speed at 58 keeps the same animation speed of GS at 60, but you can really feel your players planting their feet instead of gliding around the court. I've also set Defensive Assist to 75 which I would recommend everyone to do as well, but that is user preference.

New movement tweaks are in the OP, let me know what you think!

I was afraid of that. I tried boosting up on ball steal tendency thinking maybe this would help get foul totals up if nothing else, but thought it could potentially lead to more shooting fouls on the perimeter, to where they would swipe at the ball on the way to shoot, but that only seems to happen when in the paint going up for a shot.

So you are seeing fouls on 3pt attempts, and on long perimeter shots while playing on HOF ? Im not good enough anymore in my old age to play HOF, Pro or All Star is where Im at now these past few yrs now days, lol.

Ive put all foul sliders to 100 along with jacking up contest slider tendency, and I still havent seen a shooting foul on 3pt attempt, or any long perimeter shot for that matter. Thats playing on pro, but I have bumped up to All Star and there was no difference.

Maybe I need to put it on HOF or SS, and just lower the CPU sliders, to give me more of a advantage, so that I have some chance to win a game, lol. But a few yrs back, when DaCzar said the AI adapted to your play, I forget what its called, but he said you were getting the full AI adapting to your play regardless which difficulty you played on, now, instead of just at the highest difficulty level like it originally was. So I just lowered the difficulty rather than putting sliders in my favor at HOF and SS so I would have some chance to win at a realistic rate, with my Pacers. Im ok with losing as I want a challenge, but if my team is a playoff team IRL, I want to have some shot to emulate that, and now days my reaction time just isnt what it use to be unfortunately,lol.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 12-07-2019, 08:48 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

What difficulty do we start with, HOF?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-07-2019, 01:05 PM   #35
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEra_2020
What difficulty do we start with, HOF?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

SS or HOF, still deciding between those two. SS might actually be more difficult
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2019, 01:44 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
I was afraid of that. I tried boosting up on ball steal tendency thinking maybe this would help get foul totals up if nothing else, but thought it could potentially lead to more shooting fouls on the perimeter, to where they would swipe at the ball on the way to shoot, but that only seems to happen when in the paint going up for a shot.

So you are seeing fouls on 3pt attempts, and on long perimeter shots while playing on HOF ? Im not good enough anymore in my old age to play HOF, Pro or All Star is where Im at now these past few yrs now days, lol.

Ive put all foul sliders to 100 along with jacking up contest slider tendency, and I still havent seen a shooting foul on 3pt attempt, or any long perimeter shot for that matter. Thats playing on pro, but I have bumped up to All Star and there was no difference.

Maybe I need to put it on HOF or SS, and just lower the CPU sliders, to give me more of a advantage, so that I have some chance to win a game, lol. But a few yrs back, when DaCzar said the AI adapted to your play, I forget what its called, but he said you were getting the full AI adapting to your play regardless which difficulty you played on, now, instead of just at the highest difficulty level like it originally was. So I just lowered the difficulty rather than putting sliders in my favor at HOF and SS so I would have some chance to win at a realistic rate, with my Pacers. Im ok with losing as I want a challenge, but if my team is a playoff team IRL, I want to have some shot to emulate that, and now days my reaction time just isnt what it use to be unfortunately,lol.

Might be part of the problem, the contest slider used to make players not jump to do contest, therefor, they tend to do not commit fouls, specialy on the perimeter ... used to be like that some year ago, so have not tested it recently.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:02 PM   #37
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Might be part of the problem, the contest slider used to make players not jump to do contest, therefor, they tend to do not commit fouls, specialy on the perimeter ... used to be like that some year ago, so have not tested it recently.

I tried putting the contest tendency slider to 0, and I got the result I figured would happen, and that was no CPU player biting on pumpfakes. So that didnt fix the problem with the lack of shooting fouls on 3pt attempts.

Ive noticed the higher you put the contest tendency slider, the more the CPU will bite on pumpfakes. However you will see a lot more shooting fouls in the paint, because the CPU will try to block most shots. It does get free throw and foul totals up, so thats a plus

I just think with the way the devs tune the gameplay for online play, that were probably not going to get a realistic amount when it comes to a variety of fouls, or more non-steal turnovers. I do know if you lower offensive awareness, you will see a few more turnovers per game, but with how far you have to lower it, makes the AI be a little too stagnant on offense, with no ball movement and chucking up stupid shots because they run the shot clock down before shooting quite often.

If they ever get to where they can fully separate gameplay and make changes to offline gameplay to online gameplay, then maybe they will the offline modes gameplay more realistic with fouls, and non steal turnovers taking place. IMO the only reason they dont now is due to the casuals who play online, who will whine if a realistic number of fouls are called, and if non steal turnovers happen alot more often. I wish we would see more traveling calls happen, they are in the game, but unless your playing on pro or have offensive awareness slider down low, and ballhandling low, you wont see it called. I know it isnt called in real life as much as it should be, but you do on occasion see it called. Carrying the ball, would probably be to difficult or impossible for them to code in, so I definitely understand why you dont see that, but traveling calls, should happen more often than they do in the game. And we should see more bad passes, but more organic like, instead of how it is now, although its not as scripted as it use to be, which was annoying thru the yrs, but atleast it got turnovers numbers up, lol.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 12-08-2019, 06:38 AM   #38
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:

Spoiler

I'm not having any issue with getting a realistic amount of Free Throw attempts, but the problem comes down to getting a realistic variety of fouls. You can easily get 20+ FT attempts per game for the USER and the CPU, but the vast majority of fouls will come from reaching in or hacking a player at the rim. Blocking, charging, and perimeter shooting fouls are very rare.

I've been able to get shooting fouls on jump shots by lowering the Jump Shot (Gather) slider and increasing the Jump Shot (Release) slider. The reason for this is that lowering the (Gather) slider makes the AI more likely to shoot if there's a defender close by AND the game won't adjust the jump shot animation to respond to (and usually avoid) that nearby defender. The (Release) slider being high then makes the shot contest animation more aggressive and accurate, meaning they will get closer to blocking the shot and triggering a collision/foul.

The problem with this solution is that it leads to other issues (such as lazy perimeter defense where shooters have too much room and defenders don't fight to get through screens), so you need to compensate by tweaking shot success, on ball defense, defensive awareness, etc. so that it's not just a breeze to launch 3PT shots with impunity.

Try these settings and let me know if you see any shooting fouls on jump shots:

Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) - 25
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Release) - 75

Defensive Awareness - 100

Contest Shots - 100/75

Shooting Fouls - 100/75 (Lower the CPU slider if the USER is getting too many FTs off of shooting fouls)

Quote:
I just think with the way the devs tune the gameplay for online play, that were probably not going to get a realistic amount when it comes to a variety of fouls, or more non-steal turnovers. I do know if you lower offensive awareness, you will see a few more turnovers per game, but with how far you have to lower it, makes the AI be a little too stagnant on offense, with no ball movement and chucking up stupid shots because they run the shot clock down before shooting quite often.

If they ever get to where they can fully separate gameplay and make changes to offline gameplay to online gameplay, then maybe they will the offline modes gameplay more realistic with fouls, and non steal turnovers taking place.
Exactly this. They NEED to separate online gameplay from offline gameplay so that the two can be tweaked via patches/tuners individually. So many offline gameplay issues are specifically due to changes made to appease online players, and while 2K should 100% work to appease those players (as they give 2K more money), they should be able to do so without ruining the gameplay for those who play offline.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:37 AM   #39
Rookie

ezsmilez's Arena

OVR: 0

Have u settled on a shooting set? The 55 from 3 for Poke's set feels a bit too easy. Might drop it down to 50 to see how it feels.

Would love for shooting open shots not to feel like a guarantee. While also having contested shots fall at a good rate.

Last edited by ezsmilez; 12-08-2019 at 10:45 AM.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:34 AM   #40
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Ok, 2K have DEFINITELY sped up the game a ton in the last few days. Was there a patch and I just didn't know about it? Or do they do this via tuners on the backend?

Either way, I'm now testing gameplay at 50 game speed and it is playing today the way 60 game speed played last week for me. 60 game speed now feels like everything is in fast-forward and the court is made of ice.

Movement tweaks are needed once again *sigh*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezsmilez
Have u settled on a shooting set? The 55 from 3 for Poke's set feels a bit too easy. Might drop it down to 50 to see how it feels.

Would love for shooting open shots not to feel like a guarantee. While also having contested shots fall at a good rate.
I haven't yet, but I'm currently working on it. It's tricky to balance without making the shots essentially feel random.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »