Home

NBA 2K20 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2019, 03:26 PM   #41
Rookie

ezsmilez's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K20 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

It's probably done off of the tuners. There wasn't a patch. Kind of why 52 game speed has felt good for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Ok, 2K have DEFINITELY sped up the game a ton in the last few days. Was there a patch and I just didn't know about it? Or do they do this via tuners on the backend?

Either way, I'm now testing gameplay at 50 game speed and it is playing today the way 60 game speed played last week for me. 60 game speed now feels like everything is in fast-forward and the court is made of ice.

Movement tweaks are needed once again *sigh*...

I haven't yet, but I'm currently working on it. It's tricky to balance without making the shots essentially feel random.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2019, 06:19 AM   #42
Pro

OVR: 1

I just played again several games with shady's set who's also at gamespeed 60.

I can confirm that the pace of the game is now quite fast and players are acting sometimes like ice skaters...

Furthermore, I'm a real player % player because if you have the green light all the time with shoot timing, it's useless to play. Anyways, the point is that the shots are ultra weird. As an example, I can have 20% FG for one game and next game 70% which is not good at all.

Same for CPU

with shady's set, I was used to get between 39-52% for FG% with between 80 and 96 FGA, between 24 and 40 3pt attempts for 30-45%

And since this last mini update, the AI got just to tell the stats 20 3pt attempts in only one quarter !!!! with 71 3pt shots at the end of the game !!! with a FGA of 130 and 25% FG

So, it seems something is really broken since yesterday, I don't know if you have only problem with the movement but if it is also the stats, here we are in trouble...
Old 12-10-2019, 04:20 AM   #43
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanax
I just played again several games with shady's set who's also at gamespeed 60.

I can confirm that the pace of the game is now quite fast and players are acting sometimes like ice skaters...

Furthermore, I'm a real player % player because if you have the green light all the time with shoot timing, it's useless to play. Anyways, the point is that the shots are ultra weird. As an example, I can have 20% FG for one game and next game 70% which is not good at all.

Same for CPU

with shady's set, I was used to get between 39-52% for FG% with between 80 and 96 FGA, between 24 and 40 3pt attempts for 30-45%

And since this last mini update, the AI got just to tell the stats 20 3pt attempts in only one quarter !!!! with 71 3pt shots at the end of the game !!! with a FGA of 130 and 25% FG

So, it seems something is really broken since yesterday, I don't know if you have only problem with the movement but if it is also the stats, here we are in trouble...
Yup, seems like the CPU is just jacking up 3s now. For whatever reason 2K put in this secret patch/tuner to try and fix a lot of the gameplay issues we've been dealing with, so we have to undo our over-compensating tweaks it seems.

Just to give a little insight, I've moved Game Speed down to 50 and set Offensive Awareness to 0. Offensive Awareness might as well be the "deviate from the play setup" slider as they will jack up a shot or rush towards the rim at random with it set 50+, but at 0 they actually follow the set play and only deviate when it's obvious/realistic to do so.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:15 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Yup, seems like the CPU is just jacking up 3s now. For whatever reason 2K put in this secret patch/tuner to try and fix a lot of the gameplay issues we've been dealing with, so we have to undo our over-compensating tweaks it seems.

Just to give a little insight, I've moved Game Speed down to 50 and set Offensive Awareness to 0. Offensive Awareness might as well be the "deviate from the play setup" slider as they will jack up a shot or rush towards the rim at random with it set 50+, but at 0 they actually follow the set play and only deviate when it's obvious/realistic to do so.
Eccentric, by any chance you could upload in 2K non official (aka trial) your slider set?
Old 12-10-2019, 08:38 PM   #45
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senelius
Eccentric, by any chance you could upload in 2K non official (aka trial) your slider set?

I’m very close, so I will have it posted soon! I’ve been doing too many experimental tweaks too be able to upload the set as-is, it’s just not in a playable state yet. But these types of tweaks speed up the testing process as it makes the affects more obvious in game and thus easier to understand and fine-tune.

I’m almost settled on my Tendency and Defense tweaks, which only leaves Shot Success to finalize from there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2019, 12:15 AM   #46
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
I'm not having any issue with getting a realistic amount of Free Throw attempts, but the problem comes down to getting a realistic variety of fouls. You can easily get 20+ FT attempts per game for the USER and the CPU, but the vast majority of fouls will come from reaching in or hacking a player at the rim. Blocking, charging, and perimeter shooting fouls are very rare.

I've been able to get shooting fouls on jump shots by lowering the Jump Shot (Gather) slider and increasing the Jump Shot (Release) slider. The reason for this is that lowering the (Gather) slider makes the AI more likely to shoot if there's a defender close by AND the game won't adjust the jump shot animation to respond to (and usually avoid) that nearby defender. The (Release) slider being high then makes the shot contest animation more aggressive and accurate, meaning they will get closer to blocking the shot and triggering a collision/foul.

The problem with this solution is that it leads to other issues (such as lazy perimeter defense where shooters have too much room and defenders don't fight to get through screens), so you need to compensate by tweaking shot success, on ball defense, defensive awareness, etc. so that it's not just a breeze to launch 3PT shots with impunity.

Try these settings and let me know if you see any shooting fouls on jump shots:

Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) - 25
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Release) - 75

Defensive Awareness - 100

Contest Shots - 100/75

Shooting Fouls - 100/75 (Lower the CPU slider if the USER is getting too many FTs off of shooting fouls)

Exactly this. They NEED to separate online gameplay from offline gameplay so that the two can be tweaked via patches/tuners individually. So many offline gameplay issues are specifically due to changes made to appease online players, and while 2K should 100% work to appease those players (as they give 2K more money), they should be able to do so without ruining the gameplay for those who play offline.

I dont have much of a issue getting close to a realistic amount of free throws attempts most games, its just the variety of fouls thats not getting called is where the main issue is like you said. I play with the on ball stel tendency slider pretty high, which tends to help get more fouls, and free throws.

I have in yrs past lowered gather and raised release on the defensive impact sliders, but last yr, I didnt really have much luck doing that, and I tried it this yr, and it didnt seem to help with the shooting fouls being called on perimeter and 3pt shot attempts. But I will try that and see if it makes a difference. Thanks

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 12-11-2019, 12:54 AM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
I’m very close, so I will have it posted soon! I’ve been doing too many experimental tweaks too be able to upload the set as-is, it’s just not in a playable state yet. But these types of tweaks speed up the testing process as it makes the affects more obvious in game and thus easier to understand and fine-tune.

I’m almost settled on my Tendency and Defense tweaks, which only leaves Shot Success to finalize from there.
Looking forward to your set. Not amused with the last tune-up that made my set feel arcadey, it’s so infuriating when I’ve just settled on sliders I consider perfect and they change gameplay overnight without a word. I mean I’m all for improvement and whatnot but at least tell us what they changed instead of having us guess everything.

Last update seems to have boosted ball handling/security. Are you getting much turnovers in your set right now?
Old 12-11-2019, 08:00 AM   #48
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zniv
Looking forward to your set. Not amused with the last tune-up that made my set feel arcadey, it’s so infuriating when I’ve just settled on sliders I consider perfect and they change gameplay overnight without a word. I mean I’m all for improvement and whatnot but at least tell us what they changed instead of having us guess everything.

Last update seems to have boosted ball handling/security. Are you getting much turnovers in your set right now?
Yea I hate that they update gameplay without giving us any details or announcement, such a joke. I get plenty of turnovers due to these settings:

Pass Accuracy - 30/20

Hustle - 100/75
Defensive Awareness - 75

Play Passing Lanes - 100/75
Go for On-Ball Steals - 100/75

With these settings you really have to play smart as the CPU will punish you for spamming dribble moves or going for stupid passes, while at the same time your AI teammates don't just stand around like idiots on defense and will actually make a play when they realistically should. This also means more loose ball situations so the gameplay opens up a bit and can be a little more varied and exciting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »