Home

Next Gen CPU Cheese/Cheating Is Amazing!

This is a discussion on Next Gen CPU Cheese/Cheating Is Amazing! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2013, 11:26 PM   #17
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Next Gen CPU Cheese/Cheating Is Amazing!

I know I sound like a broken record (other threads) but there's 3 things you can do to combat a lot of these complaints.

1: Remove the patch. This is huge. The patch destroyed the flow and organic feel of this game. Not to mention turning every cpu defender into a robot. Removing the patch is the single best thing anyone can do if they want to enjoy this beautiful game.

2: Roster edits. As usual, 2K's rosters are absolute trash. Enough said.

3: Slider adjustments. Turn down inside and close shot success and attempts. I put take inside and close down to 15 and put take mid range at 100. Also put take 3's at 65. Drive gets toned way down to 10. The cpu just drives and dribbles too much and coupled with the absurdity that is the success rate of circus shots, it makes for an arcade game. Scale all of that crap wayyyyyyyyy back.

Try it. I guarantee you'll be much happier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2013, 11:35 PM   #18
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
I know I sound like a broken record (other threads) but there's 3 things you can do to combat a lot of these complaints.

1: Remove the patch. This is huge. The patch destroyed the flow and organic feel of this game. Not to mention turning every cpu defender into a robot. Removing the patch is the single best thing anyone can do if they want to enjoy this beautiful game.

2: Roster edits. As usual, 2K's rosters are absolute trash. Enough said.

3: Slider adjustments. Turn down inside and close shot success and attempts. I put take inside and close down to 15 and put take mid range at 100. Also put take 3's at 65. Drive gets toned way down to 10. The cpu just drives and dribbles too much and coupled with the absurdity that is the success rate of circus shots, it makes for an arcade game. Scale all of that crap wayyyyyyyyy back.

Try it. I guarantee you'll be much happier.

1. Xbox users cant remove the patch.

3. Sliders dont save for many of us.

Im just curious; when you make those slider adjustments, do you find CPU teams using post players more to start the offense
Old 11-29-2013, 11:43 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 4

i'm xbox also ....how do they manage to actually make this game worse with a patch ?? SMH !!! do we even know if they are going to patch these issues ?? i here leftos on another thread saying mygm issues are being patched but i have heard nothing about gameplay issues. at this moment in time i am extremely dissappointed with this game...and don't get me started on the rosters!!!
Old 11-30-2013, 12:35 AM   #20
Banned

BegBy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
1. Xbox users cant remove the patch.

3. Sliders dont save for many of us.

Im just curious; when you make those slider adjustments, do you find CPU teams using post players more to start the offense
It's probably a bit more common for them to start the offense, but I wouldn't say it's a massive difference.

Unfortunately it's hard coded into the game for the cpu to pound the ball inside. Even with massive roster changes and slider adjustments, they still just charge at the rim. Either that or they stand around like they're confused. My suggestions, however, do make it sooooooo much better.

What if you uninstall the game on Xbox?

Old 11-30-2013, 12:43 AM   #21
Banned

BegBy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
i'm xbox also ....how do they manage to actually make this game worse with a patch ?? SMH !!! do we even know if they are going to patch these issues ?? i here leftos on another thread saying mygm issues are being patched but i have heard nothing about gameplay issues. at this moment in time i am extremely dissappointed with this game...and don't get me started on the rosters!!!
The rosters are always bad. In time though, just like current Gen and previous iterations of the game, people will edit tendencies. A magic number will be found to make guys play like real NBA players, and even like themselves. For instance - simple drive at 100 and using values of 25, 21, 18, 14, 11, 7, 3 and 1 makes guys use dribble moves sparingly. Using the same exact values and turning simple drive down from 100 to 99 makes the same guys dribble like they are making a mix tape. That 1 point changes the game very dramatically. Once everyone figures out more things like that rosters can be fixed and we can really enjoy the game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2013, 12:51 AM   #22
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
Either that or they stand around like they're confused. My suggestions, however, do make it sooooooo much better.

What if you uninstall the game on Xbox?

Ill give your changes a try. Thanks for putting in the time.

Ill uninstall and then re-install, although when I first got the game I wasnt prompted to DL the initial update
Old 11-30-2013, 01:00 AM   #23
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Nah just tried, it wont let me start the re-install unless I DL the update
Old 11-30-2013, 01:07 AM   #24
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

Man it really sucks when you can tell early in the 3rd that your going to lose. Almost %90 of games play out the same. get the lead early 1st then go cold cpu catch up. Second quarter cpu goes on run...human catches up then takes lead into halftime. early 3 quarter human player cant hit water if he fell out of a boat, cpu controls game. 4 quarter human goes on run ties game, and to close it out human goes cold once again. Combine this with the shot clock cheese.....

and don't even get me started on the offensive rebounding...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »