Home

I never really believed in scripting in video games, until now...

This is a discussion on I never really believed in scripting in video games, until now... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2014, 09:39 PM   #9
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: I never really believed in scripting in video games, until now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Ive thought this was toned down after the patch, sad to see its still in there
I'm starting to see things again they said were fixed. The back to back timeouts is back, goaltending is still around. The mass subs at the wrong time as well as players in foul trouble in the 1st quarter subbing back in is still there.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:41 PM   #10
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
the thing is alot of people forget psychic defenrs in the pass lanes PLAGUED 2k12...but they put a patch out rather quickly to tone it down to an acceptable level knowing the CPU knows what ur doing because its a video game....in 2k13 it wasnt really there, but in NG for some reason its made a comeback and its ridiculous they arent doing anything about it
Those psychic defenders shouldn't have had their head turned so damn much in the first place. That patch didnt fix the fundamentally unsound offball defense it just made them clueless to stuff that wasnt in their vision cone which would be ok if their vision cones were smart.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:03 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

scripting was really bad in fifa 12
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2014, 01:19 PM   #12
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Yes this is true, I don't care what anybody says, if the CPU wants to do certain things they will and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

I don't care what any one says either...losing a 30 point lead in the 4th can be prevented 99% of the time...I'm sorry lol

but undoubtedly...the AI in the majority of sports games cheat you...and cheat you even more as the difficulty goes up...

and the passing lane stuff is super annoying as well...I had to turn the steal slider down...what's funny is it's down in the original sim sliders but back a 50 for the new ones..
Old 01-05-2014, 01:27 PM   #13
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

People that scream about scripting in video games make little to zero sense.

1. Why would a game company "script" a game? They can(and do) make enough AI/coding designs to beat even the best players a good deal of the time.

2.If a game is TRULY scripted....it's easy enough to prove or disprove.
.....A. Start a game. Immediately save it.
.....B. Play the game numerous times and if you really believe in scripted outcome......send that save to numerous people for play.
....The outcome(REGARDLESS of how it gets there) MUST be the same each time for a scripted outcome in the beliefs of those who are saying games are absolutely scripted.
You will either always win or always lose that game. There is no other scenario to call a game scripted.

I guarantee that will not happen.

Good day and good luck.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-05-2014, 01:39 PM   #14
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

1. Why would a game company "script" a game? They can(and do) make enough AI/coding designs to beat even the best players a good deal of the time.

.....B. Play the game numerous times and if you really believe in scripted outcome......send that save to numerous people for play.
....The outcome(REGARDLESS of how it gets there) MUST be the same each time for a scripted outcome in the beliefs of those who are saying games are absolutely scripted.
You will either always win or always lose that game. There is no other scenario to call a game scripted.

Good day and good luck.

M.K.
Knight165

Knight ur my dude because of what you do for the show crowd but if you don't see it your in denial. If the game isn't scripted, they cheat and if they don't cheat then it's scripted lol all jokes to the side, something is really off about playing this game on HOF. The balance to keep it clean and competitive is blurred. On HOF, the developers have set it up that in order to keep it competitive, they have to add special ingredients, I'm sorry. I wish it weren't this way but there is no way else to explain it. Too many people have complained about this issue. Those who don't fully agree have come across this as well but choice not to buy into the idea of scripted and that's fine but it's there.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:45 PM   #15
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
I'm starting to see things again they said were fixed. The back to back timeouts is back, goaltending is still around. The mass subs at the wrong time as well as players in foul trouble in the 1st quarter subbing back in is still there.
Yup. I see those things every game.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2014, 01:51 PM   #16
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

Good day and good luck.

M.K.
Knight165
People have saved MyGm games, and other modes just to test this.

Games finish the same way every single time.

As far as quick games go, obviously there's no scripted or predetermined outcome, but there is some suspicious AI.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »