Home

I never really believed in scripting in video games, until now...

This is a discussion on I never really believed in scripting in video games, until now... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2014, 04:04 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: I never really believed in scripting in video games, until now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
There's a reason evidence and truth are connected. One always leads to the other.

I'm not commenting on this game specifically. I'm simply saying that these assertions are bold and if it's so blatantly obvious, a test like Knight suggested should be EASY to execute and share.

Easy. Yet nobody ever does it.
Didn't someone play a game where a player got hurt so they reset the game, replayed the game, the same player got hurt again, so they reset, and tried a 3rd time and that player again got hurt.

Not sure if that was this board or the 2k board, but I do remember seeing that.

Here is a link to a thread with some videos

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ling-fans.html

So how are those shots not scripted to go in? Like that poster said, if the CPU wants their shots to go in they will go in.

Now of course you will say well, to get real proof you need to have saved right before that shot and let the CPU do it again to see if it really goes in again.

Those videos are all the proof you need to see how the AI cheats and gets boosts and will score at will when it wants to.

Graned thats on HOF level but those are the kind of things I see all the time in the 4th Q by the CPU when I play on all-star level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2014, 04:26 PM   #26
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Some of the stuff Is really obvious. Like CPU on offensive rebounds will have a player already in the air for a putback before the shot even misses.

I feel 2k is a little scripted but I still enjoy the game.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 01-05-2014, 04:35 PM   #27
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14

I see some truth in this. My personal experience involves contesting the opponents three point shots. They hit at least 85% of them if contested and around 35-40%(which is around league average) if left wide open. So frustrating.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:37 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 0

It's so convenient that the turnovers that I get are not from forcing bad passes, but from driving the lane the the ball hitting a defender's hip, or a backup center using his deft hands to strip me of the ball, regardless of my 85 Ball security rating.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:57 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Word of advice, your 100% correct but you have to word it better. I understand the frustration but the higher up don't take kindly to harsh words and statements. Continue to fight your good fight but word it better.
You're right. My bad, I apologize.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:04 PM   #30
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...75&postcount=7

That's my post from this thread:

Next Gen CPU Cheese/Cheating is Amazing!

I believe I ended up playing the same game another time after that post, with the exact same outcome. I'm no newbie to NBA 2k, I've seen this junk year after year. I'm pretty decent at the game, I don't cheese to win, I just play within the game running plays, etc. That's the reason I won't play this game again until something is done about these issues.

Check the Cheese/Cheating thread for some good laughs.

And to those asking to share a save file... well, that'd be nice if we had the ability to local save any more, wouldn't it? I played the same 2nd half either 4 or 5 times, and it played out almost identical each time.

I turned the game down to rookie on my 4th play through in the 4th quarter, just to see if the same junk played out, and of course it did.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:31 PM   #31
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...75&postcount=7

That's my post from this thread:

Next Gen CPU Cheese/Cheating is Amazing!

I believe I ended up playing the same game another time after that post, with the exact same outcome. I'm no newbie to NBA 2k, I've seen this junk year after year. I'm pretty decent at the game, I don't cheese to win, I just play within the game running plays, etc. That's the reason I won't play this game again until something is done about these issues.

Check the Cheese/Cheating thread for some good laughs.

And to those asking to share a save file... well, that'd be nice if we had the ability to local save any more, wouldn't it? I played the same 2nd half either 4 or 5 times, and it played out almost identical each time.

I turned the game down to rookie on my 4th play through in the 4th quarter, just to see if the same junk played out, and of course it did.
2K's not doing they homework, everybody was so sprung on the graphics. The same issues that are present in CG are present in next gen. I don't expect things to change. They have not come up with a way to make it difficult without cheating or making it plain out cheesy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2014, 07:00 PM   #32
Pro

I thought this was a known fact. I'm glad you're no longer in denial and admitted to it.

I understand they want to make things challenging, but they literally put you in impossible positions.

The scripted tipped pass/turnover bug is just the tip of the iceberg.
How about the barrage of 3s that go in, regardless of how many defenders are on them, nothing but net, by every single person on the opposing team, even centers who never shot past 15 feet.
You try to get on a run, and no matter what, it's bucket for bucket. If you finally play good enough defense to make them miss, they grab the offensive rebound and get the easy putback.
There are points when the other team is on the scripted bs, and it's like there's a lid on the rim. Dunks don't go in, wide open shots rim out, layups hit the side of the backboard, you get blocked so hard by the weakest of defenders, and your teammates have zero IQ.
The psychic defender glitch is so annoying. Especially when they are away from said defender, and you're in the trapped animation.. Before you even pass the ball, they are already side stepping their psychic feet toward the person you are going to pass to.
This also happens when you're not trapped. My teammate is open somewhere, so I'm like cool let me pass it to him.. But instead he throws a lead pass into a congested area and it leads to interceptions.
What is the offensive awareness rating for? I wish my guy would have the awareness to make the right decisions.. Pass with the right hand and not into defenders

I could write a book on how much crap is wrong with scripting in a sports game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »