Home

The fake turnovers in this game need to be addressed

This is a discussion on The fake turnovers in this game need to be addressed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2015, 11:27 PM   #89
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The fake turnovers in this game need to be addressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
So if it was a bad pass, then what was the alternative decision?
How about you maybe read the thread?

I covered this already.
Old 10-17-2015, 11:02 AM   #90
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOXL...ature=youtu.be

Good watch for everyone.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 10-17-2015, 11:12 AM   #91
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Im having the same issues, everytime i icon pass to my teammates the slide to a spot on the court instead of staying stationary. Its terrible. I had to turn the game off yesterday because of it. They need to go back to 2k11 passing/icon/lead passing. Just keep the lead passing into the paint toned down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2015, 05:58 PM   #92
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
These types of insights would be great if added to the in game tutorial. Outside of OS I'm betting most people wouldn't have a clue all these cues were spoken abt previously and in the game.
Old 10-17-2015, 06:04 PM   #93
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
How does that not have its own thread yet? Figured anything posted by a developer would.

Did it just get uploaded? I see the upload date is today.
Old 10-17-2015, 06:15 PM   #94
Rookie

In order to prevent your players from running into defenders when passing to them, you have to put your action on Space the Floor because your teammates are too damn stupid to stay where they are when they are wide open.

I have this problem too and it pisses me off cause they will run right into a defender for an interception and I am like "This isn't football, its not that hard to be open."

You can be standing perfectly still, see somebody on the arc, and your player will move right into the defender when you pass it to them. And you can be doing an icon pass.

I use primarily Swing and 4-1 offense with passing logic on Openness.

Also I hate that your big men will not automatically post up when they are on a one on one. You gotta command them to post up or defender will turn into Deion Sanders and intercept the ball.

The logic of the AI teammates when it comes to passing is very flawed and requires too much user input for the simplest things.

Last edited by cablexdeadpool; 10-17-2015 at 06:24 PM.
Old 10-17-2015, 06:50 PM   #95
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablexdeadpool
In order to prevent your players from running into defenders when passing to them, you have to put your action on Space the Floor because your teammates are too damn stupid to stay where they are when they are wide open.
Running anything but space the floor means you as the coach have told your players not to stand still in one place. They're not stupid. They're just doing what they are told to do. That open guy on the wing running down to set a down screen is doing his job by not standing still.

Quote:
I have this problem too and it pisses me off cause they will run right into a defender for an interception and I am like "This isn't football, its not that hard to be open."

You can be standing perfectly still, see somebody on the arc, and your player will move right into the defender when you pass it to them. And you can be doing an icon pass.
If you are going to use freelance offenses outside of space the floor, or even run plays, you have to become familiar with the actions and cuts to be able to play the game. That's not football, it's basketball. It's about knowing what system you are running and anticipating movement and using that movement to your advantage. If you hold the ball in one place for more than a half second, guys will move.

It's also about the POE's you select. If you don't have Get Shooters Open active, don't expect wing shooters to look for shots without moving off screens or fading back for a kickout on PnR. This is especially true when you are running swing motion offense as one of your two main offenses.

Quote:
I use primarily Swing and 4-1 offense with passing logic on Openness.
How can you possibly expect guys to stand still for you in Swing when the whole system is predicated on constant movement? 4-1 gives you a little more grace period to hold the ball in one position before the cuts happen, but they will happen. It's not a complicated set of motions so it is really not hard at all to memorize them and anticipate them.

Quote:
Also I hate that your big men will not automatically post up when they are on a one on one. You gotta command them to post up or defender will turn into Deion Sanders and intercept the ball.
This came up earlier in the thread, and I get it. Right now, in freelance, the system runs the offense and does not, as far as I know, include a post up logic module where a post player has logic in place to break the freelance motion by making a dynamic read of a post up advantage or mismatch. If this is something people in the community want, I suggest writing it in to the Czar's freelance Q&A thread as a new feature request for next year.

The workaround for it this year is to call a quick post play but since you can't designate who you want as your quick post up target, your guy with the advantage may not be available for quick post up. So in that case we just have to be very attentive to the animation to be sure our player is looking for and ready for the ball in the post.

Quote:
The logic of the AI teammates when it comes to passing is very flawed and requires too much user input for the simplest things.
There's a learning curve to running offense in 2k. I agree that pass catching animations need to be improved more, and that steal animations also need to be improved. It still happens often enough where the animations that kick in are not smooth and organic looking, though they are better this year.

However, the situations you are describing sound more user pass logic errors than anything else - and believe me, I've made these mistakes plenty and still frequently do. If you're going to play the game using anything other than Space the Floor, you have to learn the system and motions and trigger points, just as players coached to play within a system have to learn it all. If you make passes too late in a motion system and expect a guy to stand still for more than half a second, or a second at most, that's on the user.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2015, 07:17 PM   #96
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
However, the situations you are describing sound more user pass logic errors than anything else - and believe me, I've made these mistakes plenty and still frequently do. If you're going to play the game using anything other than Space the Floor, you have to learn the system and motions and trigger points, just as players coached to play within a system have to learn it all. If you make passes too late in a motion system and expect a guy to stand still for more than half a second, or a second at most, that's on the user.

No, I am talking about when a defender is in the area of a AI Teammate.

When you press pass, icon pass btw, passing logic on Openness, they will run into the vicinity of a AI defender and trigger an interception, it is artificially creating TOs.

It's like the AI or whatever is trying to reach a TO quota to make realistic stats, so they will just make your teammate do stuff like that.

It's like when you are controlling your player on defense and the AI will make you do a foul and you not even pressing a button.

I never had that problem before, I been running swing/4-1 since they implemented it and I mostly play against other people not the computer. I been using Freelance Action since forever, it wasn't until this year, if I wanted to make my players not to run into defenders, I had to put it on Space the Floor when going against the computer.

Standing still, by themselves, I am standing still, and AI teammate will run into the defender while the pass is in motion. Where they do that at?

And it doesn't happen when playing User vs. User. A lot of BS that happens when playing against the computer (and I play on Superstar Sim) doesn't happen when playing against a user, which makes it feel like the game is trying to create Sim stats by making you mess up instead of letting a game play out naturally.

You can't even get a computer to make 10 TOs unless you run a zone and trap all the time, but they can get you to make 10 TOs off of silly things that make you go, "Oh that's just 2K logic."

There's a 24 second shot clock and I shouldn't have to go through a series of inputs just so I can make passes go where I want them go. My big men on one on ones should post up. I shouldn't have to do an actual post play because the quick post play option will for some reason bring my wing player next to my big man when I am already there with the ball on the wing. My perimeters should stay where they are if I am standing still and passing it to them. They shouldn't move.

The computer players don't move when the computer is passing the ball to its teammates. The computer can run quick post plays. The user should be able to.

Last edited by cablexdeadpool; 10-17-2015 at 07:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »