Home

Player Archetypes NBA 2k17

This is a discussion on Player Archetypes NBA 2k17 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2016, 04:19 PM   #65
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Player Archetypes NBA 2k17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choops4Life
The passion! Throw all the bronze level shooting badges on a lockdown defending PG and you'll be "effective" but not great. 35% or so if you're taking really good shots. If you have a dimer on your team, even better.
I get it and to some degree I like some of it. I just think some thought should be given to make the archtype a little different depending on position. As it is I suspect all the lockdown defenders will be inside guys and no one is going to be selecting lockdown defender as a pg or sg, perhaps a few sf. All of the caps that are high with lockdown defender are of more benefit inside except for agility while all the stats you take a hit on are important areas for perimeter guys. Just isn't worth it for a few more points of steal ability.

Every archetype of pg can get 15 levels of defense while a lockdown defender can't get 15 levels of ANY offensive stat. That is a pretty stiff limitation. Of the offensive ones they do get the top 2 are layup/dunk @13 and post scorer @12. while all of the most important IMHO perimeter offensive areas playmaking/3pt/shoot of dribble are under 10.

Instead of the glove GP would have to be the mitten. Once you steal that ball hand it to someone else, please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 04:24 PM   #66
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer

Choops4Life's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I must've missed it but can we still unlock badges?
You can unlock all badges at the bronze level. And then you have 5 badges that can be upgraded to silver/gold based on the archetype you chose when you created your player. Of course, you can then earn the Hall of Fame version of those 5 badges, as well as the Grand Badge specific to your archetype
Old 09-02-2016, 04:26 PM   #67
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer

Choops4Life's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopoffthiscliff
How much slower and worse of a ball handler would a Point Forward be compared to a playmaking SG or PG? and would you mind letting us know if Pro AM has commentary? Thank you in advance.
Your position doesn't matter at all when it comes to how slow you are or how good/bad your ball-handling is. All that matters is your height/weight/wingspan. If you are a 6'6 190 lb SG with a 6'8 wingspan, and you're that same size as a SF, your athleticism and ball-handling will be equal
Old 09-02-2016, 04:26 PM   #68
Pro

Clappington's Arena

Hey Zach so to make sure you can't exceed a cap, but you will be able to fully max out your player to their cap for each tower/category?
Old 09-02-2016, 04:30 PM   #69
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer

Choops4Life's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
Hey Zach so to make sure you can't exceed a cap, but you will be able to fully max out your player to their cap for each tower/category?
You will not be able to max out all of your towers to their peak. If we allowed that, everyone that chose a playmaking PG, for example, would be the same (assuming vitals are the same). There's a bit of play to allow players to be a little different
Old 09-02-2016, 04:31 PM   #70
Elite Allstar

Ray Vibes's Arena

I'm thinking about making a 6'10 Athletic Finisher Power forward. I wanted to have a bit more speed as a big this year and really hope that happens with this archetype. Kind of like Blake Griffin.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:33 PM   #71
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
You can unlock all badges at the bronze level. And then you have 5 badges that can be upgraded to silver/gold based on the archetype you chose when you created your player. Of course, you can then earn the Hall of Fame version of those 5 badges, as well as the Grand Badge specific to your archetype
So we can still unlock most of the badges like last year? All will be bronze level and won't be upgradeable? Sounds good to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 04:38 PM   #72
Pro

Clappington's Arena

Quote:
You will not be able to max out all of your towers to their peak. If we allowed that, everyone that chose a playmaking PG, for example, would be the same (assuming vitals are the same). There's a bit of play to allow players to be a little different
Alright thanks! and one last question I don't know if you can elaborate on this but what do you mean by 125 isn't our max amount of upgrades?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »