Home

Player Archetypes NBA 2k17

This is a discussion on Player Archetypes NBA 2k17 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2016, 12:45 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Player Archetypes NBA 2k17

I was bored so I took some screenshots

PG (5/5)
Spoiler

SG (3/5)
Spoiler

SF (4/5)
Spoiler

PF(5/5)
Spoiler

C (4/5)
Spoiler
Old 09-02-2016, 12:53 PM   #34
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolkmania
I don't like these archetypes to be fair. I get the point that there are to many superstar players online, but what if I want to create a Patrick Beverly type player? Lockdown defender with a three point shot. Or Serge Ibaka, stretch 4 with paint protecting skills.

I'll probably go for a shot creator PG like Sergio Rodriguez without the elite passing.
This would be fine if other people wanted to play like Rondo, and like Giannis etc etc, the problem is that 95% of people want: 3pt shot, speed, and defense.

The thing about defense normally is about being in the right place at the right time. So you play style can kind of compensate that more than attribute based shooting can.

They have to do stuff like this though, look at 2k15 90% of people wanted the advantage so they made 7'0 SF or demigods.

2k16: Either PG or outside Center.

They had to make it viable to play SG/SF/PF along with the idea of if you want to be a lockdown defender, you'll actually standout on the defensive end compared to years past.
Old 09-02-2016, 01:05 PM   #35
Pro

Clappington's Arena

All the archetypes are the same for each position. in terms of like sharpshooter and defender,etc. So we just all need to know the attributes now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 01:14 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 5

Really need to see a Playmaking SG and its not one of the screenshots. No complaining but still

I'm hoping I can still shoot and at least be able to dunk. I really wanna be Harden.
Old 09-02-2016, 01:16 PM   #37
Pro

Clappington's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha.Pink.Pantha
Really need to see a Playmaking SG and its not one of the screenshots. No complaining but still

I'm hoping I can still shoot and at least be able to dunk. I really wanna be Harden.
Look at PG or SF playmaker one its going to be the same exact caps. (Attributes will be different of course)
Old 09-02-2016, 01:20 PM   #38
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine.Six.Melo
Draymond is a Small Forward ironically but he plays PF/C.

Playmaking SF(Point Forward) is the way to go with a player like him. Unfortunately your NBA team will make him play the 3 in most cases.

Or you can go with a 6'8 PF and select maybe Sharpshooter and adjust your wingspan to improve your ball handling and speed with the ball then you can be that stretch 4 type and still handle the ball well and even rebound better as a 4.

It's really give or take this year.
Don't think it works like that. A longer wingspan should not give you better handles and more speed.
Old 09-02-2016, 01:45 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
Look at PG or SF playmaker one its going to be the same exact caps. (Attributes will be different of course)
There it is then, thanks for straigtening that up.

Playmaking SG it is. Better shooting from 3, faster, better rebounder, same D. I'm hype now, this is the player I imagined when they announced the archtypes. Basically a Harden clone, but more PG-like.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:15 PM   #40
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer

Choops4Life's Arena

OVR: 3

I'll be honest with you guys. I worked on this system, we put countless hours into ensuring balance, and I'm really struggling with which guy I'm going to create for 2K17. So many choices. Can't wait to see what people choose. Should make for some really interesting pro-am games as well

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »